PDA

View Full Version : A call to the REAL Bills fans

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:15 PM
This one is easy.

My approved work clothes is dress casual. I work in a R&D center for a fortune 500 company. Senior leaders where suits and ties. That should pain a picture for you.

Promise: If the Bills beat the Pats I will wear my jersey to work on Monday. I will get heat for it but this is serious business.

If your a real Bills fan, step up and make the commitment.

Uniform, Military, dressy, construction crew, I don't give a ****. Yes, it may have consequences. REAL Bills fans will step up.

Step up and commit to wear your jersey to work on Monday if we beat the Pats to go 3 and 0.

Who's with me?

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 08:20 PM
https://www.booksofthebible.com/stock/p5725d.jpg Could you wear that to work? : )

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:24 PM
https://www.booksofthebible.com/stock/p5725d.jpg Could you wear that to work? : )Yes but I said jersey. Step up.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 08:28 PM
for sure man. i have an old kelly one.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I will.... but im self employed so if the boss fires me im gunning for you

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice! Let's go.

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
lol I do a job where no one really pays attention to me until either pay day, or tax time. Fine, if the Bills win Sunday, Ill wear my Jersey to work Monday. : )

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Come back and post your pics to prove it.

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 08:46 PM
So it would be worth getting written up at work or sent home for the day(s) without pay and losing money over a Bills victory?

I'm as big and diehard fan as anyone but that would be a stupid thing to do if you work for a place where you have a designated dress code. Your job and money is more important then a Bills win lol.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:50 PM
So it would be worth getting written up at work or sent home for the day(s) without pay and losing money over a Bills victory?

I'm as big and diehard fan as anyone but that would be a stupid thing to do if you work for a place where you have a designated dress code. Your job and money is more important then a Bills win lol.Are Bills fans rational? Besides. When did I say you couldn't take it off the second you get there? Just don't tell everyone else I said that.

Step up. Walk in with it on. If they tell you to take it off, take it off. But get a pic first!

BertSquirtgum
09-23-2011, 08:53 PM

I'm as big and diehard fan as anyone but that would be a stupid thing to do if you work for a place where you have a designated dress code. Your job and money is more important then a Bills win lol.

i second this post. it's not worth it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2011, 08:54 PM
i dont think xera for one moment expects anyone to risk their job fercristsake

X-Era
09-23-2011, 08:58 PM
i dont think xera for one moment expects anyone to risk their job fercristsakeI don't think any person at any job would lose their job without hearing "take it off" first. It's the attempt that counts.

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Come back and post your pics to prove it.Now that will be difficult because of the nature of my work. I'll try, but no promises. I work for a company that handles sensitive data classification and protection. Taking pictures at my job could be considered a security risk.

T-Long
09-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I'll be administering flu shots on site at an employer group...don't know if they would trust me if I'm rocking a Bills jersey. It would be funny though.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I'll wear mine to work, and I'll probably forced to take it off in the parking lot since my boss js a Patsies fan...

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Now that will be difficult because of the nature of my work. I'll try, but no promises. I work for a company that handles sensitive data classification and protection. Taking pictures at my job could be considered a security risk.You people suck right now.

Here. Let me make this clear.

If this promise will immediately cost you your job without warning, is a breach of your contract, or is a breach of national security, please don't play... You can still be a real fan... Kind of.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I'll be administering flu shots on site at an employer group...don't know if they would trust me if I'm rocking a Bills jersey. It would be funny though.Sounds like a situation where an uncomfortable exchange will affirm your Bills fan hood... Get it done!

Cntrygal
09-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Are Bills fans rational? Besides. When did I say you couldn't take it off the second you get there? Just don't tell everyone else I said that.

Step up. Walk in with it on. If they tell you to take it off, take it off. But get a pic first!

They wouldn't tell me to take the jersey off. They would send me home for the day, I would get written up, and possibly suspend me for 1-3 days (depending on the managers mood). It would be a great way to be on the fast track for getting fired.

They are pretty relaxed in a lot of ways, but screwing with their dress code isn't one of them.

I WOULD be able to get away with a Bills polo shirt though!!!!!

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:11 PM
They wouldn't tell me to take the jersey off. They would send me home for the day, I would get written up, and possibly suspend me for 1-3 days (depending on the managers mood). It would be a great way to be on the fast track for getting fired.

They are pretty relaxed in a lot of ways, but screwing with their dress code isn't one of them.

I WOULD be able to get away with a Bills polo shirt though!!!!!Et Tu?

Fine, rock your polo shirt.

YardRat
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm in.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:12 PM
If we win... AND WE ****ING WILL... Remember to respond to this post with the pics as proof.

T-Long
09-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I actually ordered a work shirt that rocks the new blue. This past Monday, I walked into the staff meeting with a big smile on my face and no voice, and everyone knew I would be rocking the shirt. Let's hope I can do the same this Monday..

elltrain22
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm a PE teacher, I'm wearing my Bills jersey win or lose!! FYI, if we lose, I'll have to do about 300 pushups (6 students x 50 pushups a piece = one very busy teacher).

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I actually ordered a work shirt that rocks the new blue. This past Monday, I walked into the staff meeting with a big smile on my face and no voice, and everyone knew I would be rocking the shirt. Let's hope I can do the same this Monday..No. Kick it up. Wearing that same shirt isn't adequate.

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, in the event that I can not participate with a photo, I'll do something else instead. Everyone who does show picture proof, I'll donate 100 zbs.

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
If you have to wear a tie to work wear a Bills tie like in the picture at the beginning of the thread. That would do.

AustinTransplant
09-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Im down, I work with about 20 Cowboys fans here in Texas. They are sick of my Bills smack talk this year so this will be a so icing on the cake.

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I could wear mine to work but I can wear whatever the hell I want to work so that doesn't count. There isn't a dress code for anybody where I work except for safety clothes/gear when you are in the shop or on a job.

For those who doesn't have that privilege I wouldn't suggest it though. Even if you didn't get written up or suspended it still shows to your bosses that you lack authority or maturity for your job and a lot of managers would take offense to it. It could hurt you in the long run. If for some reason you do feel the need I would bring an extra shirt with me to change into if they give you that opportunity.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, in the event that I can not participate with a photo, I'll do something else instead. Everyone who does show picture proof, I'll donate 100 zbs.:clap: Now were talking, I'll double it.

Edited- screw that... 10X... 1K ZB's to anyone who shows proof.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I could wear mine to work but I can wear whatever the hell I want to work so that doesn't count. There isn't a dress code for anybody where I work except for safety clothes/gear when you are in the shop or on a job.

For those who doesn't have that privilege I wouldn't suggest it though. Even if you didn't get written up or suspended it still shows to your bosses that you lack authority or maturity for your job. If for some reason you do feel the need I would bring an extra shirt with me to change into if they give you that opportunity.I was in the military for 8 years and have been in my dress code job for 11 years, it just shows you have balls... Again, they will tell you to take it off and then just do it.

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 09:32 PM
I was in the military for 8 years and have been in my dress code job for 11 years, it just shows you have balls... Again, they will tell you to take it off and then just do it.
It doesn't mean you have balls if you are willing to risk a write up or suspension without pay and somebody else isn't. It's shows you are being foolish for taking the chance depending on where you work. It's not like it's a work statement you are making. It's football.

Some employers or managers will just make you take it off. I've worked other places where if you didn't show up for dress code they sent you home for the day if not for an extra day or two. It depends on who and where you are working at.

Your manager/employer may be that relaxed about it but I'm sure there are many other places that aren't.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:35 PM
It doesn't mean you have balls if you are willing to risk a write up or suspension without pay and somebody else isn't. It's shows you are being foolish for taking the chance depending on where you work. It's not like it's a work statement you are making. It's football.

Some employers or managers will just make you take it off. I've worked other places where if you didn't show up for dress code they sent you home for the day if not for an extra day or two. It depends on who and where you are working at.

Your manager/employer may be that relaxed about it but I'm sure there are many other places that aren't.Do whatever you comfortable with.

ParanoidAndroid
09-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I teach 7th grade science at a school in DC.... the one Warren Buffett went to. :) My kids are starting to follow the games..... they knew the score last week and some know players.
At the beginning of the year I made a deal with them that every time the Bills win on Sunday, I won't give them homework on Moday. They all groaned.... they're not groaning as much these days.
I would get caught wearing the jersey at my morning meetings and would be asked to change, so it won't work for me, but I will have my falg flying in the classroom!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-23-2011, 09:36 PM
then just dont do it BF21
quitch yer blubberin

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 09:39 PM
then just dont do it BF21
quitch yer blubberin
It doesn't matter in my case. I can wear whatever I want to work. Will be funny if any of you guys get sent home without pay for the day or written up. This should and probably will be a non-issue though since our chance of winning are 0.01%.

What statement does it make or worth it if you are just going to have to change your shirt if you are offered that opportunity? If you want to show some balls then tell your boss I'm not taking it off today and then come back and let us know how far you got with it.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Do what your comfortable with people. You know your situations, I don't. But, a win by us is huge. And I think it calls for a significant move by the real fans. And so if you can get away with wearing a jersey, or just showing up in one, do it!

Solidarity!

Mr. Miyagi
09-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't understand the point. Real Bills fan want to win and then get in trouble at the job? Why would that be?

X-Era
09-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't understand the point. Real Bills fan want to win and then get in trouble at the job? Why would that be?I don't want anyone to get in trouble at the job. If they can get away with wearing their jerseys, do it.

better days
09-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Well, I won't be going to work on Monday but I promise to wear a Bills shirt to Wal-Mart if that counts.

SquishDaFish
09-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I will for sure

BillsFever21
09-23-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't understand the point. Real Bills fan want to win and then get in trouble at the job? Why would that be?
The nostalgia of the thought of hopefully finally beating the Patriots after 8 years of mostly getting our asses handed to us is clouding the overall better judgement of a select few minority.

Unless you are willing to go all out and either say I'm wearing it or getting sent home for the day then what is the point to cause negative attention to yourself at work if you are only going to change the shirt if you are hopefully offered that opportunity? Unless you flip burgers and/or have a job you could care less about or advancing at then go right ahead and show your pride. I give you a high-five for it.

Showing your pride and having balls is being willing to face the consequences by leaving the shirt on and possibly getting in trouble. Wearing it to work just to take it off doesn't prove anything lol

I will wear my jersey if we win though. I don't have to worry about it though. Everybody wears what they want where I work unless we're having a special meeting with customers or corporate managers.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 10:18 PM
The nostalgia of the thought of hopefully finally beating the Patriots after 8 years of mostly getting our asses handed to us is clouding the overall better judgement of a select few minority.

Unless you are willing to go all out and either say I'm wearing it or getting sent home for the day then what is the point to cause negative attention to yourself at work if you are only going to change the shirt if you are hopefully offered that opportunity? Unless you flip burgers and/or have a job you could care less about or advancing at then go right ahead and show your pride. I give you a high-five for it.

Showing your pride and having balls is being willing to face the consequences by leaving the shirt on and possibly getting in trouble. Wearing it to work just to take it off doesn't prove anything lol

I will wear my jersey if we win though. I don't have to worry about it though. Everybody wears what they want where I work unless we're having a special meeting with customers or corporate managers.Honestly, just don't wear it. Seriously.

Have I not already mentioned that I work in a place where they expect business casual attire and that previously I was in the military for 8 years?

I think I also have said numerous times that folks should only do what they feel comfortable with.

This should be a fun bet with folks that want to play. If you don't feel comfortable, don't play. If you don't want to play or simply hate the premise, don't play.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
My company is having a casual day even allowing shorts and flip flops Monday.. I will rock jersey if we win,

Electrici
09-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Will be rockin' my new Dareus home threads if BUF wins. Business casual my azz.

SabreEleven
09-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Now that will be difficult because of the nature of my work. I'll try, but no promises. I work for a company that handles sensitive data classification and protection. Taking pictures at my job could be considered a security risk.

I work in a Top Secret environment, it's not considered a security risk, it IS a security risk.

Meathead
09-24-2011, 05:16 AM
do i have to wear pants too?

YardRat
09-24-2011, 05:33 AM
I work in a Top Secret environment, it's not considered a security risk, it IS a security risk.

KFC's recipe has been on the internet for a few years now...

Johnny Bugmenot
09-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Oh, come on, Mr. Class Warfare. Stand up to The Man and put your money where your mouth is.

ublinkwescore
09-24-2011, 08:06 AM
https://www.booksofthebible.com/stock/p5725d.jpg Could you wear that to work? : )

freaking awesome. if i ever get a dress suit, i would definitely want that to go with it.

tampabay25690
09-24-2011, 08:49 AM
for sure man. i have an old kelly one.

Burger king doesn't count....

HAMMER
09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Oy Vey.

X-Era
09-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Oy Vey.Wear your jersey to the synagogue? I'll take it.

BillsWin
09-24-2011, 10:06 AM
This one is easy.

My approved work clothes is dress casual. I work in a R&D center for a fortune 500 company. Senior leaders where suits and ties. That should pain a picture for you.

Promise: If the Bills beat the Pats I will wear my jersey to work on Monday. I will get heat for it but this is serious business.

If your a real Bills fan, step up and make the commitment.

Uniform, Military, dressy, construction crew, I don't give a ****. Yes, it may have consequences. REAL Bills fans will step up.

Step up and commit to wear your jersey to work on Monday if we beat the Pats to go 3 and 0.

Who's with me?

We need to win first but I always wear my bills tie to work after wins. Never done a jersey before. I may have to do it.

X-Era
09-24-2011, 11:17 AM
A real good friend of mine is in the Coast Guard.

He told me that he will show up to morning muster on Monday wearing his jersey and Bills pajama's if they win.

I told him not to go that far and to just wear the jersey and take it off when they tell him to.

He say, "no way, I'm all in". He then says he will post a picture of him wearing the outfit and a picture of the page 7 (letter of reprimand basically) with pride.

That's how much a win on Sunday would mean to him.

I think he's nuts. I don't think he should take it that far. But as a Bills fan, that gets me fired up! That's how nuts I think us Bills fans are...

I want a win so bad I can taste it.

Luisito23
09-24-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm gonna be rocking my Bills' fitted, and my Bruuuce throwback.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Novacane
09-24-2011, 02:02 PM
I will.... but im self employed so if the boss fires me im gunning for you

lol. same here. No one to tell me I can't wear my Bills Jerseys. I'll be wearing one win or lose.

Crisis
09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
The last two jerseys I bought were Henry/McGahee... I don't buy jerseys anymore.

YardRat
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
If you can't wear a jersey, you could at least wear your wife's/girlfriend's Bills panties.

Meathead
09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
If you can't wear a jersey, you could at least wear your wife's/girlfriend's Bills panties.
so just a normal day then

Scumbag College
09-24-2011, 06:16 PM
If the Bills win I will go on a 72 hour bender and resurface at work Wednesday-ish.

Bone
09-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm wearing my stevie johnson jersey to class...Psychology lol

SabreEleven
09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
A real good friend of mine is in the Coast Guard.

He told me that he will show up to morning muster on Monday wearing his jersey and Bills pajama's if they win.

I told him not to go that far and to just wear the jersey and take it off when they tell him to.

He say, "no way, I'm all in". He then says he will post a picture of him wearing the outfit and a picture of the page 7 (letter of reprimand basically) with pride.

That's how much a win on Sunday would mean to him.

I think he's nuts. I don't think he should take it that far. But as a Bills fan, that gets me fired up! That's how nuts I think us Bills fans are...

I want a win so bad I can taste it.

He is in the Coast Guard, do they even have uniforms? Don't they just were Hawaiian Shirts and flip flops?

X-Era
09-25-2011, 07:14 AM
He is in the Coast Guard, do they even have uniforms? Don't they just were Hawaiian Shirts and flip flops?They are more military than several other military branches. 2nd hardest boot camp as well.

Cntrygal
09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
They are more military than several other military branches. 2nd hardest boot camp as well.

It was a joke. Just like when the people call the Air Force, the "chair force".

X-Era
09-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I know. :up:

YardRat
09-25-2011, 09:20 AM
so just a normal day then

For some of us...

X-Era
09-25-2011, 04:01 PM
My jersey is headed to work! And my buddy promises to get that picture of him in his Bills gear at morning muster.

Step up!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
i dont work on monday i"ll wear it on tuesday
Ill wear it monday to by the way

YardRat
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
/busy looking for wife's Bills underpants in her unmentionables drawer.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Its the Xbox Controller Force.

X-Era
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
One more thing, Let's post the pic's in this thread! I will be getting the pic's from my friend and will also be posting pic's from me showing up tomorrow.

wmoz11
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Want to know how real of a Bills fan I am? I'm not going to have a chance to go to wear my jersey tomorrow at work because I'm getting ****ed up and calling off.

Wooooooo!

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Want to know how real of a Bills fan I am? I'm not going to have a chance to go to wear my jersey tomorrow at work because I'm getting ****ed up and calling off.

Wooooooo!Tuesday it is! And with a hangover... still!

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Sal just put the word out on WBEN on the post game show. "wear your jersey to work tomorrow".

NICE!

SquishDaFish
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh by the way a Pats fan at work also has to wear one of my Bills jerseys Tomorrow LOL

sdbillsfan2
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Sal just put the word out on WBEN on the post game show. "wear your jersey to work tomorrow".

NICE!

Listening on line ......He took your idea man .....lol

for those out of town :
http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WBEN (http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WGR)

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Don't forget to send in your pics. Go Bills

X-Era
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-gCSUaPCVY04/ToDlt2D8mbI/AAAAAAAAAK8/gbdD8CT0yeU/s640/2011-09-26%25252009.45.12.jpg

With my director... done.

better days
09-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Well, I wore my Bills shirt to Wal-Mart but I don't have a picture

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-26-2011, 05:36 PM
its my day tomorrow look for the pic
i dont have office hours on monday
still counts for me since its my first day back!

Aero II
09-26-2011, 06:13 PM
The company I work for doesn't have a strict dress code, however Friday's have become the more casual day where I wear my Bills/Sabres/Gators jerseys or my lowdest hawiian/camp shirt. Today, I knew I'd need to go visit clients so I stuck to tradition wore my new Bills polo. It's an entertainment lighting company in central FL, and about 8 years ago, I had a Bills gobo (image pattern) made. I haven't had any reason to use it at work, until today. Our office is also our showroom and my desk is centered at the back wall. The wall behind me is our "backdrop" for projecting images and effects. Here's me at my desk today showing my Bills pride.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab44/jagbills/IMG_20110926_155023.jpg

Michael82
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Did anyone else do this?