PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 matchups of the week

T-Long
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Even though it’s early in the 2011 NFL season, that doesn’t mean there aren’t any big games with possible playoff implications taking place. Let’s take a look at the week’s top matchups, followed by my predictions.
Full Article (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/117983/Big-Week-3-matchups)

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Not a lot of people are willing to go out on a limb for this team yet despite winning the first 2 games in impressive fashion. I wonder if that will even change should they beat New England, or if people will just point out an excuse for why the Patriots failed as opposed to why the Bills won. Losing to the Patriots again won't be good, but also wont be terribly bad either. But beating New England and still not getting respected as a team that can compete with the better teams would be a shame in my opinion. But, I could easily see that happening should the Bills pull out a victory on Sunday.

TigerJ
09-23-2011, 10:34 PM
The problem is that New England also had a blowout win in week one, and their win in week two was against an opponent many have picked as a possible Super Bowl representative frim the AFC. It's not discounting Buffalo so much as it is respecting the abilities and long standing dominance of New England.

ublinkwescore
09-23-2011, 10:41 PM
WE ARE DUE DAMN IT.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2011, 10:49 PM
It's either a miracle win or we get routed by NE...

Extremebillsfan247
09-23-2011, 11:19 PM
The problem is that New England also had a blowout win in week one, and their win in week two was against an opponent many have picked as a possible Super Bowl representative frim the AFC. It's not discounting Buffalo so much as it is respecting the abilities and long standing dominance of New England.
SD had almost a similar problem that Oakland did coming across country to play the Patriots. Sure they had one more day to prepare against New England than the Raiders had against Buffalo, but that's a lot of travel time, and changing of timezones. Miami is a bad football team and have proved that twice sitting at 0-2. They may be a little better than KC was, but Cassel didn't exactly put up 400 yards passing in a losing effort either.

Surprisingly, and what is being grossly overlooked by everyone is that both the Bills, and Patriots have had similar paths to a 2-0 start. Despite all the Brady love from the Media, this is really the first true test for both teams this season, and not just Buffalo. Just pointing that out. The Bills haven't faced a team like the Patriots yet, but also the Patriots have yet to face a team that has been as good as the Bills have been over the course of the last 2 games.

Will the Patriots win on Sunday? many people are saying yes. It wouldn't surprise me at all though if the Bills actually beat them. I think this team is very capable of that.

better days
09-23-2011, 11:44 PM

All the more reason Buffalo should be given added respect if they beat the Pats* Sunday.

better days
09-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Full Article (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/117983/Big-Week-3-matchups)

How foolish will you feel when the Bills win Sunday?

Electrici
09-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Probably as foolish as everyone else, since no one has picked the Bills to win the game. I did, in my pool though.

mikemac2001
09-24-2011, 12:10 AM
How foolish will you feel when the Bills win Sunday?

its never a bad thing to be foolish if you are smiling.

T-Long
09-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Of course I want them to win, but I am not ready to go out on a limb and pick them. I'm not supposed to be biased with my articles, and I've had two done about the Bills and they are drinking the kool-aid. If I would have picked them in my matchup, probably would have gotten a lot of flack from the big dogs.

I hope I'm wrong! Hell, Chris Berman even picked against them!

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not going to get on any soap box here, but before Sunday, the Patriots were the talk of the league. Now that the Bills have won the game, there are still doubters that this is a good football team. That's amazing to me. Time to forget about the past. This is not the same team we use to know. Now, maybe media and others wont be so quick to rule this team out. Go Bills