PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking........Bills beat Pats

clumping platelets
09-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Say the Bills do beat the Pats today...........what would you do before trading deadline to strengthen the team?

I say we need veteran help on the OL, help generating a more consistenet pass rush, depth at WR, and more speed on defense.

There will be teams 0-3, 0-4, and likely 0-5..........who could be available that could help us?

Bone
09-25-2011, 05:57 AM
I just want to win first but I think we use that 4th rounder and pick up someone decent on the defensive end or WR.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-25-2011, 07:24 AM
when wass the last time there was a meaningful trade in the nfl at this point? im actually asking the question not being a neg on your post....

anytime you can add some power to one of the line is good but i doubt anyone on the block is going to go for a 4th

Ebenezer
09-25-2011, 08:37 AM
when wass the last time there was a meaningful trade in the nfl at this point? im actually asking the question not being a neg on your post....

anytime you can add some power to one of the line is good but i doubt anyone on the block is going to go for a 4th
The last Bills trade like this?? James Lofton - and he helped the following season.

Extremebillsfan247
09-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Say the Bills do beat the Pats today...........what would you do before trading deadline to strengthen the team?

I say we need veteran help on the OL, help generating a more consistenet pass rush, depth at WR, and more speed on defense.

There will be teams 0-3, 0-4, and likely 0-5..........who could be available that could help us? Nothing, unless there is a need for it like a serious injury to an important position. If they are winning with what they have, why mess with it? If it isn't broke, don't fix it. JMO

YardRat
09-25-2011, 09:44 AM
The last Bills trade like this?? James Lofton - and he helped the following season.

Lofton was picked up off of the waiver wire after the Raiders cut him.

YardRat
09-25-2011, 09:48 AM

I agree with o-line, but don't think the front office or coaching staff do.
I don't think we've seen our pass rush yet, considering we played the last two weeks against iffy QB's and great RB's.
I also think the coaching staff likes our receivers, but I think Martin needs to go and a vet to replace him would be nice.
Defense-like our front seven, but need serious help (with speed) in the secondary.

Bottom line-I'd be surprised if we picked anybody up unless it's out of necessity due to injuries.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Don't worry too much about trading. What they ought to do is just ride the tide and not let their guard down. If they can beat the Pats, it's a huge monkey off their back and it'll be a huge confidence boost.

clumping platelets
09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
I disagree.....this team has talent and adding help by the trading deadline could be the message that helps push this team into a playoff spot. That would help FA recruiting in 2012

Buddo
09-25-2011, 01:39 PM

There will be teams 0-3, 0-4, and likely 0-5..........who could be available that could help us?

Go & get royally drunk.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Usually don't see any trades during the season.

DynaPaul
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
DB if anything now.

clumping platelets
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
We need help generating pass rush and coverage..........veteran CB would really help

Ebenezer
09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
This team is desperate for CB.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
This team is desperate for CB.

Or a pass rusher.