PDA

View Full Version : I think the Bill win today...

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I figure the Pats are going to lose either this week or next, when they travel to the west coast to play Oakland. Looking at it, they are running into a bit of a buzz saw in Buffalo, who seems to be out to prove they can play with the league's best teams.

It just feels like a tough spot for the Pats. Over the course of the season you have ups and downs, and the Bills seem to be starting on a roll. Couple that with the Pats early-season defensive struggles, and I can see this game getting out of control early and the Bills coming out ahead.

That just seems to be the feel going into this game.

TheBrownBear
09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes, the "Bill" will win. Just like he has the last 15 times.

SquishDaFish
09-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I hope your right

RoscoeMagic
09-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I agree. Earlier in the week I was meh, this is pretty much a guaranteed L. But as the days progressed I began to have more and more confidence that the Bills could pull off the upset. I think it will be a close game either way.

Extremebillsfan247
09-25-2011, 08:49 AM
No one, and I mean no one in the Buffalo media circuit thinks the Bills are good enough to beat the Patriots today. I want this win bad. : ) Go Bills

Mahdi
09-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Merriman has to be a pass rusher today if we're going to win. Enough of the stunts into the B gap. He needs to bend the corner and pressure Brady.

don137
09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
I am not drinking the kool aid yet. While I feel the offense is much improved I am not sold on the defense. You have to put pressure on Brady in order to slow down their offense. I have not seen it yet. While it would not shock me if the Bills won the game I am not expecting them to win.

DraftBoy
09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Unless we suddenly get a pass rush and learn how to cover I dont see how we can beat Brady this time around. The defense is coming together but it still needs some key pieces.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Do you foresee the Bills scoring 42+ points?

That's what it's gonna take to win today.

YardRat
09-25-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm not that confident just for the mere fact of being snake-bitten 20 out of the last 21 games, but this is the best opportunity we've had to win in a long, long time.

I'll be interested to see what kind of defense we throw out there today. Kyle Williams addressed last week to a certain point by revealing that the team's gameplan was set up to stop McFadden no matter what, even when the game became a shoot-out. They were geared to stop the run, and if the Raiders could beat them passing the ball then so be it.

I'm hoping this is where Wanny earns his paycheck...some creative pass rushing from the front seven would be nice to see, and IMO this is Williams and Dareus' game to win or lose. They absolutely must destroy the interior of NE's offensive line, run or pass.

better days
09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Do you foresee the Bills scoring 42+ points?

That's what it's gonna take to win today.

Well, that is only one more field goal added to their average for the 1st 2 games. Hell yeah they could score 42.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I just think the momentum is going in the Bills direction. They just seem jacked to prove something in this game, and the Pats are walking into it on the road.

Couple that with the Pats defensive struggles the first couple weeks and it just feels like they are walking into a loss. I could see the Bills jumping on them early and the Pats not matching the intensity.

We will see, but it just feels like a lot more intensity coming from the Buffalo side. I know that isn't really thoughtful analysis, but it is similar to the Detroit preseason game. Detroit came out with a lot more intensity and never looked back.

I'm not conceding the season or anything. That won't be decided until after Thanksgiving. However, I think the momentum feels like it is going toward the Bills right now.

Extremebillsfan247
09-25-2011, 09:14 AM
This is the game the Bills want. Right here, right now, it is the ultimate litmus test. Win today, and your on top of the division. Lose and it's back to more people doubting your ability to beat the better teams in the league. JMO

better days
09-25-2011, 09:20 AM
This is the game the Bills want. Right here, right now, it is the ultimate litmus test. Win today, and your on top of the division. Lose and it's back to more people doubting your ability to beat the better teams in the league. JMO

If the Bills could win this game & the Raiders could beat the Jets later today, the Bills could find themselves alone in 1st place for the first time in a LONG LONG time.

I know Raider fan thinks they have a good shot to beat the Jets.

X-Era
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I figure the Pats are going to lose either this week or next, when they travel to the west coast to play Oakland. Looking at it, they are running into a bit of a buzz saw in Buffalo, who seems to be out to prove they can play with the league's best teams.

It just feels like a tough spot for the Pats. Over the course of the season you have ups and downs, and the Bills seem to be starting on a roll. Couple that with the Pats early-season defensive struggles, and I can see this game getting out of control early and the Bills coming out ahead.

That just seems to be the feel going into this game.You've just become one of my favorite non-Bills fans!

:clap:

I feel it too.

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2011, 09:24 AM
This is the game that divides players from pretenders. If the Bills do win, what this will do for their morale and psyche could propel them through the entire season.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, that is only one more field goal added to their average for the 1st 2 games. Hell yeah they could score 42.

I easily see 80 points scored between the two teams today. Either way, win or lose, it's gonna be entertaining. I actually, for the first time in a long time, won't watch any of the Browns game on a Sunday.

I usually have the Browns streaming while the Bills on TV every Sunday.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Just to note: My prediction for a game is no better than anyone else's. I have no idea what is going to happen.

However, you get this feeling like the Pats are walking into a buzzsaw. Very few are picking the Bills in the game, and they seem to be out to prove they are being overlooked. It feels like the Bills are going to be very intense for this game, and I wonder if the Pats are prepared to meet that intensity.

It just feels going into it like one of those games.

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Just to note: My prediction for a game is no better than anyone else's. I have no idea what is going to happen.

However, you get this feeling like the Pats are walking into a buzzsaw. Very few are picking the Bills in the game, and they seem to be out to prove they are being overlooked. It feels like the Bills are going to be very intense for this game, and I wonder if the Pats are prepared to meet that intensity.

Understood.

But as I have been watching the Bills for over 3 decades now one thing I have learned is to never bet on or against the Buffalo Bills.

hemi13
09-25-2011, 09:41 AM

I feel the same way. WE ARE GONNA WIN THIS GAME! GOooooooo BILLSSSSSS!

sdbillsfan2
09-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Something tells that all the work, planning , training the Bills have put in this year was focused indirectly on this game. The Bills know any hope of seeing the post season is contingent on it's outcome against NE and the jets. What makes this year different is I honestly believe Chan will make the needed adjustments. He's changed the mind set of the players and utilizes them to their best potential. Maybe it's wishful thinking ,but the Pat's are in for a bloody nose. The Raiders came in with attitude and the Bills got right in their face. Never say die, and step on their throat football.
The closer we get to game time, the more pumped I get for this game.