PDA

View Full Version : WOW Let's Not Get Carried Away Here

Typ0
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
nice and fun win and all but a good football team would seriously not have had it handed to them out of the gate the last two weeks either and needed turnovers and luck to win. Just saying...

better days
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
nice and fun win and all but a good football team would seriously not have had it handed to them out of the gate the last two weeks either and needed turnovers and luck to win. Just saying...

This a a JOKE thread right?

Ginger Vitis
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good...

THRILLHO
Too late. Carried away.

imbondz
09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Screw you Typo I couldn't be more carried away and I'm lovin it!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly

Typ0 :negrep: :penalty:

Typ0
Not at all. We did not play a complete game yet at all. That's just the way it is. Enjoy the win but let's not get carried away...

better days
A Guy goes into a Bills bar.....................

madness
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
I miss this. ---> :STFU:

Crisis
WE JUST BEAT THE PATRIOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 TRIES! I'LL GET AS CARRIED AWAY AS I WANT

don137
No one is talking super bowl but there is reason to be excited about 3-0 including a win over a tough Raiders team and the Patriots.

Typ0
Look the team was in a position to be blown out very early in the game. This is not good. They got some luck but one play going the other way in the first quarter and the game was over. That's the truth and you know it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
Are you LOOKING to get dragged out back and beaten? :) LOL

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:00 PM
It's valid. We weren't perfect. We have work to do.

But this team knows ho to win. How long has it been since we could say that?

They need to keep at it, show up every week, and they can have a special year.

Goobylal
09-25-2011, 05:00 PM
You are free to leave Typ0 and not see the carried-away getting.

Unreal.

jmb1099
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Why is there always one kid that insists on peeing in the pool?

Typ0
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
That's all I'm saying. Great win I'm excited too but it so easily could have been the other way...again. And last week was the same way. The adrenilin is pumping big come backs....but come backs really suck.

Beebe
09-25-2011, 05:02 PM
LETS GO BUFFALO,LETS GO BUFFALO NICE. VERY NICE.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
No one is talking super bowl but there is reason to be excited about 3-0 including a win over a tough Raiders team and the Patriots.

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Goobylal
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
That's all I'm saying. Great win I'm excited too but it so easily could have been the other way...again. And last week was the same way. The adrenilin is pumping big come backs....but come backs really suck.
LOL! Comebacks suck...when you lose. They won. They won't be having to come back every week.

hemi13
09-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm lovin it baby !!!

bosshogg21
09-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I cannot believe this thread. If you can't get excited about this god help you.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Look the team was in a position to be blown out very early in the game. This is not good. They got some luck but one play going the other way in the first quarter and the game was over. That's the truth and you know it.

Well, while what you say is true, this is the 2nd game in a row the Bills came back from being down BIG & pulled off the WIN. That is ALSO TRUE.

psubills62
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
It's awfully sad how Bills fans just can't seem to enjoy a victory anymore.

Philagape
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
In the First Quarter League this thread would have a point. Perhaps there's a board somewhere for that.

Cntrygal
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I think that Bills fan deserve at least 12 hours to bask in the joy of beating the Patriots for the first time since 2003 AND being 3-0 (top of the division).....

better days
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
It's valid. We weren't perfect. We have work to do.

But this team knows ho to win. How long has it been since we could say that?

They need to keep at it, show up every week, and they can have a special year.

X, you & type O are talking like Pats* fans. Bills fans do not need to take wins so critically like Pats* fans do because we are not used to them .............YET.

Goobylal
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Let me guess, X and 0 predicted the Bills would suck this year, right? :rolleyes:

cookie G
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
To the contrary, a bad team wouldn't have come back in either of those games.

Typ0
09-25-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm actually convinced this team can win and will make the playoffs. I'm not convinced they are a good team though...

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
X, you & type O are talking like Pats* fans. Bills fans do not need to take wins so critically like Pats* fans do because we are not used to them .............YET.
What????

BS. I'm simply saying we aren't perfect. That's it. And then I'm hoping we play tough each and every week.

I love where we are at and think we are for real. I'm excited. They have done way more than I expected.

I have nothing negative to say. I just am saying we still have some work to do.

Goobylal
09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm actually convinced this team can win and will make the playoffs. I'm not convinced they are a good team though...
Bad teams (the Seahawks last year notwithstanding) make the playoffs?

sqad5
09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Edited for TOS violation. Let's keep it cleaner gentlemen.

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Please observe the TOS.

Typ0
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Bad teams (the Seahawks last year notwithstanding) make the playoffs?

teams with weaker schedules make the playoffs. And when you beat a strong team on your schedule you have a much better chance. This team is peaking and will not last IMO. They have demonstrated heart and persistence but not the ability to play a complete game for a win. There is big difference and I see a lot of people saying things like "this team is for real". Well they beat the pats and will probably have a winning record. What does for real mean? That they are going to compete? I will reserve that opinion for the days they play a team that plays a complete game against them and they can manage to win that game. That is a whole different thing...

madness
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
You want truth? If Jets lose (currently tied with the Raiders), only one team in the AFC will be 3-0.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
What????

BS. I'm simply saying we aren't perfect. That's it. And then I'm hoping we play tough each and every week.

I love where we are at and think we are for real. I'm excited. They have done way more than I expected.

I have nothing negative to say. I just am saying we still have some work to do.

Well, that is EXACTLY what Pats* fans say about their team. Pats* fans love to say "we still have some work to do" or that their team is not perfect.............just before or after predicting a blowout win.

SquishDaFish
09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Screw you we DESERVE to get carried away right now!! PISS OFF and :gobills:

madness
09-25-2011, 05:22 PM
The Bills have work to do? So this is a captain $!&#ing obvious thread? Got it. Moving on...

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, that is EXACTLY what Pats* fans say about their team. Pats* fans love to say "we still have some work to do" or that their team is not perfect.............just before or after predicting a blowout win.
OK. I'm sorry I guess? I'm stoked about where we are right now.

Crisis
09-25-2011, 05:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N41vE.jpg

better days
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
The Raiders just took the lead against the Jets!!!!!!

Go Silver & Black!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
McFadden 15 carries for 152 and 2 TDs thus far.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:30 PM
FUMBLE Jets on the Kick off.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM

I think we all know our D has a lot to work on but right now no one cares and either should you. be happy for a day maybe two just sayin.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM
TD Raiders!!!!!!!!! UP 14 pts.

Oaf
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Good teams find a way to win, and bad teams find a way to lose. What don't you understand? Do you not see a difference between this and the 24-25 '09 loss?

The Patriots were the best team in football, what were you expecting, another Chiefs game?

YardRat
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Please observe the TOS.

The TOS is suspended on game days against the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets. It's in today's game thread.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Seriously, this is a ****ing joke. Some of you will just never be happy. Give me a ****ing break, what a dick post. Can you "we need a perfect game" guys at least wait until tomorrow with this ****?

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3530817&postcount=1

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Seriously, this is a ****ing joke. Some of you will just never be happy. Give me a ****ing break, what a dick post. Can you "we need a perfect game" guys at least wait until tomorrow with this ****?
Please don't lump me in. That's not where I'm at... I'm stoked. I haven't been this excited in many years.

better days
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Sanchez SACKED!!!!!!!!!!

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Good teams find ways to win while bad ones find new ways to lose. This is a big win! No ifs, and, buts about it. The Buffalo Bills are 3-0 and beat the top team in the division, arguably the best team in the league, to get there.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
We're gonna be in first place all by our lonesomes for at least 2 full weeks!

It's hard not to be stoked about that even when looking at the bigger picture.

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Good teams find ways to win while bad ones find new ways to lose. This is a big win! No ifs, and, buts about it. The Buffalo Bills are 3-0 and beat the top team in the division, arguably the best team in the league, to get there.
No way around it. This team knows how to win, has a HC who knows how to call it, a QB who stays cool and just keeps moving the ball, and a RB who will get yards on anyone... Were for real, no doubt about it.

footballhottie
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
It's awfully sad how Bills fans just can't seem to enjoy a victory anymore.
I agree I wish I was into this team a 1/16 what I use to be. Its hard to get that excited after the last 15 years. Don't get me wrong, I'd still give some fingers for a superbowl win lol.

X-Era
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree I wish I was into this team a 1/16 what I use to be. Its hard to get that excited after the last 15 years. Don't get me wrong, I'd still give some fingers for a superbowl win lol.
Don't you need those fingers for other things? :up:

FlyingDutchman
09-25-2011, 05:49 PM
The difference is over the years we would normally not finish games and come out on the losing side. This team has found a way to do that, why is that lucky? Our defense made some great plays in the secondary with some great picks. Sure there was tipped balls but thats kudos to the front line. This is preparation by coaches and execution by the players the last couple weeks....I dont think Id call 2 wins like this "lucky"

better days
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Jets ball on their 8 yd line 8:39 left in the game.

tomz
teams with weaker schedules make the playoffs. And when you beat a strong team on your schedule you have a much better chance. This team is peaking and will not last IMO. They have demonstrated heart and persistence but not the ability to play a complete game for a win. There is big difference and I see a lot of people saying things like "this team is for real". Well they beat the pats and will probably have a winning record. What does for real mean? That they are going to compete? I will reserve that opinion for the days they play a team that plays a complete game against them and they can manage to win that game. That is a whole different thing...

Don't look now but that may be some time coming. This team just imposed their will on the Pats today. Unless, of course, you reserve the term 'team that plays a complete game against them' only for times they lose. There is always ebb and flow.

Bangarang
Not at all. We did not play a complete game yet at all. That's just the way it is. Enjoy the win but let's not get carried away...

I'd say a 41-7 victory over the Chiefs was a complete game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Do some of you even watch other football games? The teams in this league win games because of luck, good bounces, not playing a great game. I love this win, you aren't going to make me think differently, I couldn't be happier right now. The big middle finger to you if you don't feel the same way.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Do some of you even watch other football games? The teams in this league win games because of luck, good bounces, not playing a great game. I love this win, you aren't going to make me think differently, I couldn't be happier right now. The big middle finger to you if you don't feel the same way.

Football is about skill, luck and good bounces.

We've been fortunate to get all three the past 2 weeks.

Problem is you don't get them all year and I'd rather not use up all those lucky bounces in the first quarter of the season. :rofl:

It is what it is however and there's NO way we're losing to Cincy next week, so if the Raiders are smart enough to keep giving McFadden the rock, we'll be in first by our lonesome until we play Philly at the minimum.

I'm willing to be that absolutely no one, myself included, would have ever thought being 4-0 and in 1st place was close to realistic before this season started. I'm stoked about that.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM

**** you *******. i've been carried away since lindell kicked the ball through the uprights.

better days
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Jets scored. Down by 7

sam5767
09-25-2011, 06:02 PM

How can you not get carried away? This was supposedly the hump game...the game that separated us from being a pretender to becoming a contender....the game we couldn't win in seasons past....we not only won, we not only came back from 21-0 down, we not only beat a team we haven't beaten in last 15 tries, we beat the unbeatable Tom Brady !!!!! I'm not only getting carried away today.....I'm thinking of getting carried away all week!!!!!!

As they say on ESPN......C'MON MAN !!!!!!!!!

psubills62
So let me see if I've got it straight...when we lose, we need to point out the negative aspects of the team, but when we win, we should point out the negative aspects?

Mr. Pink
Jets scored. Down by 7

Raiders just need to give the rock to McFadden.

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Raiders in FG range.

better days
09-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Raiders just need to give the rock to McFadden.

J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK!

Nice pass by Campbell, anyone that doesn't think he is a good QB is crazy.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Nice pass by Campbell, anyone that doesn't think he is a good QB is crazy.

He ain't flashy but he generally gets the job done and does a good job protecting the football.

If you have the pieces around a guy like that, you can win football games.

better days
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Raiders 34 Jets 24 2:23 left.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Raiders 34 Jets 24 2:23 left.

Looking like the Jets are gonna be an onside kick away from getting a chance at tying it.

Crisis
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
hes not in jets lose

better days
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
TD by Sanchez being reviewed.

better days
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
TD overturned. Raiders ball on 2 yd line. 49 sec left.

kelly2reed4six
09-25-2011, 06:20 PM

GO AWAY!!!

Bill Cody
09-25-2011, 06:20 PM

:laughing:

better days
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
RAIDERS WIN RAIDERS WIN RAIDERS WIN RAIDERS WIN RAIDERS WIN

Bills ALONE in FIRST PLACE FOR REAL.

Mike
09-25-2011, 06:36 PM
So let me see if I've got it straight...when we lose, we need to point out the negative aspects of the team, but when we win, we should point out the negative aspects?

That's how good teams become great. They look in the mirror & work on improving their weaknesses. Negative is only negative if you fail to address it & improve it.

Mike
09-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:

Here's an example: in the mid 2000s the Suns were a good Basketball on the brink to greatness. They were contends year after year, consistently had one if the best records, & were the highest scoring team in the NBA. However they failed to acknowledge their one major weakness, defense. They never won a title, and remained an entertaining, high scoring team.

Conversely, LA, however they addressed their weaknesses & won a few more titles.

Mike
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
There's no shame in looking in the mirror

DynaPaul
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
This team fights to the very end and that's all that you can ask. Luckily we've been able to pull out the W two times in a row.

Bill Cody
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Here's an example: in the mid 2000s the Suns were a good Basketball on the brink to greatness. They were contends year after year, consistently had one if the best records, & were the highest scoring team in the NBA. However they failed to acknowledge their one major weakness, defense. They never won a title, and remained an entertaining, high scoring team.

Conversely, LA, however they addressed their weaknesses & won a few more titles.

crack?

Scumbag College
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM

I think that is a good perspective to have for players and coaches. For fans though, why not be happy about it? We watch the games for excitement and hope our team wins. The last 7 days we've had back to back ridiculously exciting games that the Bills won. I really couldn't ask for anymore out of the Bills so far this year. They've made Sundays watching the game exciting and fun again.

Historian
09-25-2011, 07:29 PM
This thread's premise should be spammed.

This team is for real.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-25-2011, 07:41 PM

OK, Mr Lombardi, we aren't the coaches or the players on the team, it doesn't matter if we point out negatives.

ServoBillieves
09-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Plenty of penalties against the Bills, and 4 picks against Brady is a fluke...

Yup, we got handed the game. No two ways about it.

psubills62
09-25-2011, 07:49 PM
That's how good teams become great. They look in the mirror & work on improving their weaknesses. Negative is only negative if you fail to address it & improve it.
Dude...we're fans. We can focus on whatever we want.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Plenty of penalties against the Bills, and 4 picks against Brady is a fluke...

Yup, we got handed the game. No two ways about it.

The important part is we decided to take it. In years past we've been handed games and decided we didn't want them.

However, we still do need to improve a little to keep this going into being something sustainable and meaningful in December.

better days
09-25-2011, 07:53 PM

BS. Good teams do not become great teams because FANS are negative.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Here is the thing about pro sports. Almost every game has odd bounces and breaks. Thing is, teams generally create their own luck. That is why for years we have said New England has been "lucky". At some point, one has to realize that "luck" is actually being good. The Bills forced Brady to hurry throws. Or the Bills player tipped the pass that fell into another Bills player's hands for a TD

The other thing to remember is that it is not just getting a break or a bounce - it is about what the team does with the break. Good teams take advantage. Bad teams do what the Bills did under Jauron and crap away 7 interceptions against Dallas. Gailey led teams take those breaks and turn them into points.

Good teams do not commit a personal foul to give the other team time to run the clock down to nothing before kicking a game winning FG. Good teams do not give up when down 21-0 or 21-3. Good teams, even when facing adversity, do not let the lead get so out of control that they can't come back. Good teams set back and think that they can win, even when it looks like the they are done.

At the end of the day, there are not style points. The Bills did not get a partial win when they lost against Dallas. And they do not get a partial loss now.

The improvement in this team from last year to now is remarkable. This was a team that folded up when facing any adversity in recent times. Since Gailey has been year, that has changed. This team is growing.

They still need work. First they need to get guys like Fitz and Johnson signed. Probably Jackson too. They need a pass rush. They need depth on the O Line. But it sure as hell is better than what is has been

Will they make the playoffs this year? I have no idea. But it sure as hell is not unreasonable to discuss right now. Which is world's ahead of where they were last year at this time

Enjoy the ride. It is fun. This team is not perfect. The good news is that there are no teams in the NFL that are.

There is one undefeated team in the AFC. One. After tomorrow night there will be three or four in the entire NFL. One of those is the defending Super Bowl Champions. One is Detroit, a team on a path that is remarkably like Buffalo. Washington might join them.

I can admit that my pre season predictions were wrong. This is not a 3-13 team.

I think we are all having fun. Join us. Watch the team grow and learn.

Don't focus on the negatives, or in your case perceived negatives, when there are also positives to acknowledge. That does not mean to ignore what needs work.

But do not tell us to calm down. This was this team's biggest win in many,many years.

Give us a few hours of enjoyment.

justasportsfan
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM

I agree with typo here lets not get carried away. the only question is Who's gonna beat the bills ?

bf1
09-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Funny thing about luck. Good teams seem to have good luck and bad teams seem to have bad luck.

Syderick
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Funny thing about luck. Good teams seem to have good luck and bad teams seem to have bad luck.

And one team will be drafting Luck. But it won't be the Bills.

Michael82
09-26-2011, 12:02 AM
WE JUST BEAT THE PATRIOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 TRIES! I'LL GET AS CARRIED AWAY AS I WANT
:hi5:

hammerbillsfan
09-26-2011, 12:08 AM

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m295/drexis/omfg.gif

Michael82
09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
:lmao: I LOVE IT!

ChristopherWalken
09-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Uncle Rico?

ddaryl
09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
this team did everything it had to do to win... In made plays when it had to, and they rebounded from mistakes early on.

also Chan didn't panic and stuck to the game plan...

JD
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM

Isn't that a good thing? We're 3 and 0 without playing our best game yet?

hrrrmmm... maybe we need Op to chime in here. Wait, no... no we don't.

Jan Reimers
09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
We've had 11 terrible years.

Why the Hell can't we be happy and excited? We're fans. That's what fans do!

Captain gameboy
09-26-2011, 10:03 AM
We've had 11 terrible years.

Why the Hell can't we happy and excited? We're fans. That's what fans do!

Because there are some who think the very good is the enemy of the perfect, especially when it comes to other people's performance.

justasportsfan
09-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Oxymoron

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
nice and fun win and all but a good football team would seriously not have had it handed to them out of the gate the last two weeks either and needed turnovers and luck to win. Just saying... I have to first apologize to the Mods on this board for a rare moment of adolescence here but SCREW THAT... We just beat the PATRIOTS. You know what you can do with your :monkeyp:"Let's Not Get Carried Away Here". :jam: Go Bills... :bravo:

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM

He clearly says "Oh my ****ing god"...............hilarious

Typ0
09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I cannot believe the negativity in this thread!

Mad Bomber
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
That's all I'm saying. Great win I'm excited too but it so easily could have been the other way...again. And last week was the same way. The adrenilin is pumping big come backs....but come backs really suck. It could always go the other way. In most cases it HAS gone the other way against the Bills.

BTW "come backs really suck"...when they are against US. These last two games most definitely did NOT SUCK. Neither did the "Comeback" against the Oilers. What sucks about an extremely exciting game with a positive finish? What constitutes to you a game that doesn't suck? 52-0 every game? What do you have against adrenalin? Blood pressure too high?

Meathead
09-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Football is about skill, luck and good bounces.

luck and good bounces are two different things?

hey listen, i know exactly what typo is saying - bills are playing very well and making lots of plays they fully earned. at the same time, an objective review of the last two games shows they have also got some random bolts of lighting from the sky handed to them at crucial moments, probably dont win without them, and definitely lose if those same bolts went the other way. the raiders gifted them several key penalties on late downs to keep drives alive, and the cheats game delivered a football follies carom off of marcels face that baby butterflied right into florence hendersons breadbasket for the pick six, among other things (fitz was super lucky that horrendous beach ball into the end zone drew a very shakey pi call instead of the pick)

truth is, they are really growing and rapidly maturing as a team, but this just isnt the kelly, thurmal, reed, bruce, biscuit, talley bills that willed victories by sheer skill and determination. looks like they are working in that direction, but they needed a big dose of help barely pulling out the last two dramatic wins by the skin of their teeth. so really they could just as well have those bounces/luck turn against them and be in big trouble those games

to go to the next level they have to be able to actually overcome those kinds of things happening against them and still win. they need to be so reliable at making plays that it becomes not so much a question of if as of when and whom. the kelly bills almost always had somebody rise up and make that great play at the perfect time, ones that didnt go off an opponents facemask or something

ive been around long enough to know that fans dont like it when you imply (explicitly state?) that luck played a part in their heros success but its just a reality that should be acknowledged. id rather be lucky than good and luck seems to follow good teams, but you cant count on that and you have to be able to take care of bidness in an intentional manner to be consistent and reliable

so everybody should be super glad that **** went down the way it did to put us at the top after three. but i think people like me and typo just dont want to see fans and especially the team to start planning for new wall of fame inductees just yet

Typ0
09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you meat head. Yes, it's fun and exciting but counting on the lucky breaks just does not spell a good team.

BillsFever21
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm thrilled with the offense right now but not the defense. Especially our pass rush and pass defense.

I'm excited as anyone that we are 3-0 but I'm not ready to plan for playoff tickets left. There is a lot of games left to be played and we can't come back from behind every game.

We CAN'T lay a dud against the Bengals this week or the Patriots win will amount to nothing. That's an extra win you don't account for on the schedule. A good team will beat teams like the Bengals. If we want to show we are a good team we need to take control of the game early and dictate the pace of it and win. If we lose then most of our early success goes out the window.

We must start off good with 5 of our first 7 games being at home. We must get through this part at least 5-2 especially with the 3-0 start.

With that said my expectations went from an improving 6 win team to a cautiously optimistic 8 or so win team this season. I don't think we're ready to win 11 games and make the playoffs this year. Especially with the division we are in and having to beat out some tough teams like the Jets, Ravens and maybe even the Raiders. The Ravens have an easy schedule too.

Extremebillsfan247
09-30-2011, 03:22 AM
I cannot believe the negativity in this thread! Bills beating the Patriots is like -> <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PHbnQXsyDrE" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>
:air: :band::nana:

better days
09-30-2011, 07:29 AM
luck and good bounces are two different things?

hey listen, i know exactly what typo is saying - bills are playing very well and making lots of plays they fully earned. at the same time, an objective review of the last two games shows they have also got some random bolts of lighting from the sky handed to them at crucial moments, probably dont win without them, and definitely lose if those same bolts went the other way. the raiders gifted them several key penalties on late downs to keep drives alive, and the cheats game delivered a football follies carom off of marcels face that baby butterflied right into florence hendersons breadbasket for the pick six, among other things (fitz was super lucky that horrendous beach ball into the end zone drew a very shakey pi call instead of the pick)

truth is, they are really growing and rapidly maturing as a team, but this just isnt the kelly, thurmal, reed, bruce, biscuit, talley bills that willed victories by sheer skill and determination. looks like they are working in that direction, but they needed a big dose of help barely pulling out the last two dramatic wins by the skin of their teeth. so really they could just as well have those bounces/luck turn against them and be in big trouble those games

to go to the next level they have to be able to actually overcome those kinds of things happening against them and still win. they need to be so reliable at making plays that it becomes not so much a question of if as of when and whom. the kelly bills almost always had somebody rise up and make that great play at the perfect time, ones that didnt go off an opponents facemask or something

ive been around long enough to know that fans dont like it when you imply (explicitly state?) that luck played a part in their heros success but its just a reality that should be acknowledged. id rather be lucky than good and luck seems to follow good teams, but you cant count on that and you have to be able to take care of bidness in an intentional manner to be consistent and reliable

so everybody should be super glad that **** went down the way it did to put us at the top after three. but i think people like me and typo just dont want to see fans and especially the team to start planning for new wall of fame inductees just yet

While everything you say in this post is true, it is also true the Bills did overcome some bounces that went against them.

The Pats* first TD was the result of a bad bounce. The Bills receiver should have caught that ball & it would not have been intercepted.

Typ0
12-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Haven't been around much. Was looking through my last slew of negative rep from this thread...WHAT SAY YOU ALL NOW?

Typ0
12-25-2011, 11:27 AM
actually come to think of it this thread is why I needed a break. Just waited it out as I said the team had already revealed they were not a good football team.

THRILLHO
12-25-2011, 11:39 AM
actually come to think of it this thread is why I needed a break. Just waited it out as I said the team had already revealed they were not a good football team.

You seem pretty pleased our team failed. Good for you. But if you are going to try and make us feel bad or stupid for enjoying the run while it lasted then you got another thing coming.

We are just rolling with it and enjoyed the good times while they lasted. Excuse us for being excited.

better days
12-25-2011, 11:46 AM
You seem pretty pleased our team failed. Good for you. But if you are going to try and make us feel bad or stupid for enjoying the run while it lasted then you got another thing coming.

We are just rolling with it and enjoyed the good times while they lasted. Excuse us for being excited.

And I enjoyed the win yesterday as much as any this year.

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 11:50 AM

This again?

Every time someone on this board states the truth about the team, everyone jumps all over them.

Then when they turn out to be right, people accuse them of caring more about being right than about the team winning.

It's absolute bunk. Typo was right- don't get pissed at him because he saw the flaws in this team sooner than the rest of you.

better days
12-25-2011, 12:01 PM
This again?

Every time someone on this board states the truth about the team, everyone jumps all over them.

Then when they turn out to be right, people accuse them of caring more about being right than about the team winning.

It's absolute bunk. Typo was right- don't get pissed at him because he saw the flaws in this team sooner than the rest of you.

Well, he was WRONG for starting this thread, & you were WRONG also. I think the majority of people knew this was a flawed team from the begining, it is just that the majority of us enjoy the team while they are winning & doing well which you & Thrillho don't seem to be able to do. There is plenty of time to ***** when they aren't.

BertSquirtgum
12-25-2011, 12:01 PM

You're a terrible fan. That is all I have to say.

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Well, he was WRONG for starting this thread, & you were WRONG also. I think the majority of people knew this was a flawed team from the begining, it is just that the majority of us enjoy the team while they are winning & doing well which you & Thrillho don't seem to be able to do. There is plenty of time to ***** when they aren't.

well you can jump off a building and enjoy the free-fall before you splat on the concrete, but it's stupid.

I'm tired of enjoying a few meaningless regular season wins before the impending doom, or after it's already too late. I want to enjoy wins that matter.

Why should we have to accept mediocrity and reduce the standards?

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
You're a terrible fan. That is all I have to say.

he's a terrible fan for taking a break from this message board when he was taking all kinds of **** for being right?

Come on, man.

BertSquirtgum
12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
he's a terrible fan for taking a break from this message board when he was taking all kinds of **** for being right?

Come on, man.

No, he was terrible for making this thread when everyone was trying to enjoy the team success because it is so very rare.

OpIv37
12-25-2011, 12:48 PM
No, he was terrible for making this thread when everyone was trying to enjoy the team success because it is so very rare.

I disagree.

The message board exists to discuss the team. If there are flaws in the team, it's perfectly reasonable to discuss them as soon as they are evident. Reality is going to kick you in the nuts anyway, so denying it to enjoy the moment is merely postponing the inevitable.

Demon
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good...

Good can get you 9-11 wins from time to time.

Luck can get you 6 wins.

Hmm...

Sorry, i'd take good over luck all day, everyday.

better days
12-25-2011, 04:40 PM
well you can jump off a building and enjoy the free-fall before you splat on the concrete, but it's stupid.

I'm tired of enjoying a few meaningless regular season wins before the impending doom, or after it's already too late. I want to enjoy wins that matter.

Why should we have to accept mediocrity and reduce the standards?

Well, it reminds me of a song from the movie Crazy Heart, "Fallin' & Flyin'" "Funny how fallin' feels like flyin' for a little while"

As Bills fans, we are all in freefall. I want to enjoy the feeling of flying before the big splat myself. You will also get splat but you did not get any pleasure of the free fall.

Typ0
12-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I just stopped posting in here because I had better things to do than participate in this incessant spinning bull****. I posted my opinion and got lambasted. What am I to waste energy on unknowns though? Time told the story. Beating the patriots was great and exciting. When it came down to it though the wins we were getting were more attributable to finesse that outright good well rounded football.

Here is my prediction. We are going to make a big difference making signing in the offseason and have another draft under our belt. Then we will be two - four wins better next season but Chan will have health problems near the end of the season and retire or there will be some other reason spun he's gone...and then the player will bolt because he wanted to play for Chan and they will again sell us a three year rebuilding process.

THRILLHO
12-25-2011, 11:49 PM
This again?

It was pretty obvious we had flaws, especially after coming back from 18+ in two consecutive games. But hey, it was fun while it lasted. It was nice to be able to let go for a couple weeks and get carried away by it. Look in the prediction thread, I said 6-10. I knew full well what this team was capable of. But hell, I enjoyed those first three weeks. I am going to celebrate every win, cause we don't get them.

"Why should we have to accept mediocrity and reduce the standards?"

We aren't accepting any of it. We are just enjoying the wins when they come. No matter what we discuss here, it will have no effect on our team. I am a huge fan, but also a non-supporting fan as I have not spent any money on this team in a while. So its not like Ralph and Gailey will play a little less hard because a few people on a message board are "accepting" five to six wins. We just never get to see them, and celebrate them when we can.

better days
12-26-2011, 06:27 AM
It was pretty obvious we had flaws, especially after coming back from 18+ in two consecutive games. But hey, it was fun while it lasted. It was nice to be able to let go for a couple weeks and get carried away by it. Look in the prediction thread, I said 6-10. I knew full well what this team was capable of. But hell, I enjoyed those first three weeks. I am going to celebrate every win, cause we don't get them.

"Why should we have to accept mediocrity and reduce the standards?"

We aren't accepting any of it. We are just enjoying the wins when they come. No matter what we discuss here, it will have no effect on our team. I am a huge fan, but also a non-supporting fan as I have not spent any money on this team in a while. So its not like Ralph and Gailey will play a little less hard because a few people on a message board are "accepting" five to six wins. We just never get to see them, and celebrate them when we can.

Well, if you watch the Bills on TV, you are a supporting fan IMO. Much of the money the NFL & Bills derive is from TV rights contracts & the NFL in fact just signed new contracts with its providers for BILLIONS of dollars.

Without the viewership of the fans, the NFL would never have made that money. Ask the NBA & NHL how important it is to have viewers watching games.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-26-2011, 07:25 AM
I am still happy we beat the Patriots.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Haven't been around much. Was looking through my last slew of negative rep from this thread...WHAT SAY YOU ALL NOW?

AFC East
Team W L T PCT PF PA Home Road DIV PCT AFC PCT NFC Streak
yz-New England 12 3 0 .800 464 321 6-1 6-2 4-1 .800 9-2 .818 3-1 Won 7
N.Y. Jets 8 7 0 .533 360 344 6-2 2-5 3-2 .600 6-5 .545 2-2 Lost 2
Buffalo 6 9 0 .400 351 385 5-3 1-6 1-4 .200 4-7 .364 2-2 Won 1
Miami 5 10 0 .333 310 296 3-4 2-6 2-3 .400 4-7 .364 1-3 Lost 1

let's get carried away again. :balloons: :rockout: :dance3: :band: :limpclap: :bandwagon :mbb: :dance: :clap: :air: :cp: :giggity: :jam: :bf1: :party: :rocker: :horn: :tailgate: :pir: :hump: :guitar: :hiclap: :jump: :sing:

BillsFever21
12-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Well we can see who were the realistic ones after the first few weeks and who were the ones that thought we were all of a sudden a great team this season.

better days
12-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Well we can see who were the realistic ones after the first few weeks and who were the ones that thought we were all of a sudden a great team this season.

REREAD the thread. There were FEW if any people that thought the Bills were all of a sudden a great team.

There were PESSIMISTS pissing in everyones cornflakes & REALISTS that were enjoying the Bills WINS.

EVERYONE knew this Bills team had flaws including those of us that were enjoying the wins. We ALL knew this team could not withstand ANY injuries and still play well.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-27-2011, 09:31 AM
REREAD the thread. There were FEW if any people that thought the Bills were all of a sudden a great team.

There were PESSIMISTS pissing in everyones cornflakes & REALISTS that were enjoying the Bills WINS.

EVERYONE knew this Bills team had flaws including those of us that were enjoying the wins. We ALL knew this team could not withstand ANY injuries and still play well.

That is the thing with the board, you have a guy that will bring up a point and someone disagrees with them and that means they are being attacked. There are not many people here that have balls and can take criticism. That is half the reason why a lot of "the" many legends that had a disagreement with someone, couldn't take it and left. Look at the poster here, he thinks he was lambasted because he thought the team had flaws and thought everyone was saying they were winning the Super Bowl. In fact, people were just saying let us enjoy the damn win.

Extremebillsfan247
12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
lol Amazing how all this comes from one game. People were just generally tired of losing to the Patriots. Bills won that game, fans enjoyed it, big deal. I don't understand why it has to be such a big issue to be happy when your favorite team wins. That's what real fans do. What part of that are certain posters missing here?

Crisis
12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I'd still get carried away with this win if we were 0-15 and beat the Pats for the first time in over half a decade.

Tired of those mother****ers always beating us.