PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, guys.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I missed the end of the game as I had to leave for a family issue (everything is OK now). Last play I saw was the Wilson pick at the goal-line when Brady was going for Gronk (hell of a play by Wilson).

At any rate, I wanted to get back here and congratulate you guys. It was a hell of a game. I thought the Bills showed a lot of fortitude when they held tough after making some mistakes early. They could have folded, but they hung tough and fought back into the game.

It seems to me the good teams make the plays in critical situations to win games, while the losing teams make those critical errors. The Patriots are usually the team that makes those plays, but today it was reversed. Today the Bills made the critical plays and the Pats didn't.

I thought one real swing point in the game was the pick right before the half by Scott. The Pats marched back down the field and looked like they were going to score to make it 28-7. Instead, Scott picks the ball off and the Bills go down for a FG before the half. That was a 10-point swing right before the half, with the Bills getting the ball after the intermission. Huge swing in momentum.

I'll have you know I laugh at some of the angst shown by people here, the "long-suffering" fans. People get so tied up in the outcome of the game. It always reminds me of Red Sox fans and the annual "what can happen to us now" attitude they had after all those years of not winning the big one. I know how elated it makes a lot of you to win this game, and in a weird sort of way I am happy for you.

That said, there is a long season ahead. Maybe this will be the moment things turn around and the Pats will decline while the Bills ascend to take over the division. Maybe not. I don't know either way, but I do think this will be a fun season considering how it looks like it will be a battle. In the meantime, congrats on the big win.

I'm tired from driving and just got home, and I am going to walk my dog and go to bed. Before I did, I wanted to pass along congrats. You guys have a good team, you should enjoy the ride.

cpearl
09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks, nice post. Cool seeing you around this week.

justasportsfan
09-25-2011, 08:52 PM
glad everythings fine

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
BTW, one last note: Beware the letdown.

I will be interested to see how the Bills respond after this win. With a team like the Bills that is putting it together after a period of building, a lot of times the week following a big game like this one they don't have the same energy.

Rebounding next week to play on the road against Cincy is a classic trap game. If they respond favorably and pull out he win, the sky is the limit.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 08:55 PM
glad everythings fine

Nothing serious, just had to leave and be there, so I missed the end of it (listened in the car). Everyone is OK.

mush69
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
We got another game this year so it will be interesting as to where each team is at that meeting. That Pats are good and we will have to get better to be there with them!

ublinkwescore
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM
I THOUGHT WE HAD THE BENGALS IN OUR HOUSE... OH WELL. I HOPE WE DON'T HAVE A LET DOWN.

YardRat
09-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks Icky. Classy post.

better days
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, anyone that watched the pregame show or the game itself were told about the Pats* Win streak over the Bills OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER........ Marv alone must have mentioned it 10 times during the game.

That is a good cause for angst. Thank God, after today we will not have to hear about that streak anymore.

ServoBillieves
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Hope everything is ok Icky, and thanks for not being a lame opposing fan and having a level head with the game.

wmoz11
09-25-2011, 09:01 PM
You are a class-act and one of the most knowledgeable football fans on any board. Glad everything is fine in your personal life and thanks for giving us props. Can't wait until our next meeting.

Mad Bomber
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
BTW, one last note: Beware the letdown.

I will be interested to see how the Bills respond after this win. With a team like the Bills that is putting it together after a period of building, a lot of times the week following a big game like this one they don't have the same energy.

Rebounding next week to play on the road against Cincy is a classic trap game. If they respond favorably and pull out he win, the sky is the limit.

Chan mentioned that (kind of) in his press conference. He said we need to "see how we handle prosperity. That's the next step."

Mad Bomber
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
You are a class-act and one of the most knowledgeable football fans on any board. Glad everything is fine in your personal life and thanks for giving us props. Can't wait until our next meeting.
Agreed.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
One last note... as I walk out he door:

You guys gotta find a way to pay Steve Johnson and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick as well, although with the QB position you want to see it sustained. I think Fitzpatrick has shown you can keep him, but you want to see him win late in the season.

Steve Johnson and Fred Jackson have earned new deals though, both guys are big-time players. Sign them now.

Ok, I'm really gone now.

malvado78
09-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for being a part of this board Icky.

P.s. I like you alot better after we finally beat your patsies for th first time since I was in college.

cocamide
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
One last note... as I walk out he door:

You guys gotta find a way to pay Steve Johnson and Fred Jackson. Fitzpatrick as well, although with the QB position you want to see it sustained. I think Fitzpatrick has shown you can keep him, but you want to see him win late in the season.

Steve Johnson and Fred Jackson have earned new deals though, both guys are big-time players. Sign them now.

Ok, I'm really gone now.

I agree. If Jackson doesn't sign here, I'm 100% sure he'd sign with the Patriots, and I'd be devastated to see him tear us up next year. Give the man his money! Stevie also deserves his money, and next year, so will Nelson!

psubills62
09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Appreciate the thoughts, Icky. Glad to hear things are good with your family. Agreed that the game against Cincy will say a lot about where this team is at and how focused they are.