• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Why does this 3-0

feel different than 2008's 3-0 start? I remember being psyched back then, thinking we finally had a great team. But this feels even better and bigger for some reason. or is it just because I know what happened to that team?
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Why does this 3-0

Because these wins were more impressive, with a younger roster and we beat new england.

That year we didn't win a game in the division
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I think it may have something to do with the fact that the team has been filled with cast offs and also rans. They have been working together to get this thing going for a long time and this time they actually look like they may accomplish all that we want them to.

We've watched this team grow in all aspects and are more emotionally invested than we have been for a long time.
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• THRILLHO
        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
        • Feb 2009

Because we are scoring points with our offense, not just our defense and special teams. And just like Stewie said; we beat NE.
        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• ptd86
          • Dec 2006

those wins were against the Jags, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks who were all miserable that year.. Raiders and Pats are playoff teams this year.

That's the main difference for me

Comment

• Zero
            Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
            • Oct 2004

This start is more legit by far. We just beat the Pats who are (were?) a top 3 team in the NFL no matter who you ask.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

Trent Edwards.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Like '08, there are some issues with this team, most notably pass rush and the secondary.

But, I think the difference is that in '08, we played some crappy teams and won in spite of those issues. The team knew they had limitations and it showed in their mentality.

This time, the team doesn't give a **** that they have issues. There's a swagger- a difference in their approach and mentality- that shows on the field. They don't care that they're outmanned on paper. They don't care if they get behind or make some mistakes. They think they're capable of getting it done and they play like it.

I'm still not 100% convinced about this team, but there is something here that wasn't there in '08. Throughout the 5-1 start in '08, I just felt like we were constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. This year, well, I feel like this team could still get bested on pure talent, but they're not going to beat themselves and they will always be in the games mentally.

That's the big difference between now and '08.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Like '08, there are some issues with this team, most notably pass rush and the secondary.

But, I think the difference is that in '08, we played some crappy teams and won in spite of those issues. The team knew they had limitations and it showed in their mentality.

This time, the team doesn't give a **** that they have issues. There's a swagger- a difference in their approach and mentality- that shows on the field. They don't care that they're outmanned on paper. They don't care if they get behind or make some mistakes. They think they're capable of getting it done and they play like it.

I'm still not 100% convinced about this team, but there is something here that wasn't there in '08. Throughout the 5-1 start in '08, I just felt like we were constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. This year, well, I feel like this team could still get bested on pure talent, but they're not going to beat themselves and they will always be in the games mentally.

That's the big difference between now and '08.
                  agree 100%. this team I feel is only going to get better, no matter who plays
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Stewie
                    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                    • Aug 2002

also, Chan Gailey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dick Jauron
                    Originally posted by Topdog
                    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                    I love Weiner.
                    also cheese

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

While I still don't know if we can conclude anything about the Raiders (whether they're a great team or not), we know the Pats are very, very good if not great. Beating/upsetting a top team is exactly what I wanted to see this year from our team.

It feels different because, despite two of our wins being comebacks, they don't seem to be fluky. We're not running any tricks, no reverses, nothing really out of the box - just straight up running it down their throats and passing efficiently.

The number one reason it doesn't seem like a fluke is embodied in a single number: 37.7 points per game.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• bf1
                        • Oct 2010

Oakland beating the Jets legitimizes last week's win too. In 2008 little did we know we beat crappy teams at this point.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by imbondz
                          feel different than 2008's 3-0 start? I remember being psyched back then, thinking we finally had a great team. But this feels even better and bigger for some reason. or is it just because I know what happened to that team?
                          The Bills in 2008 had the benefit of a soft schedule to start the season. They had Jauron as a HC, Trent Edwards at QB. This year we played 2 very good football teams early, and sit at 3-0, with better coaching, and a better QB. It is different from 2008.

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by bf1
                            Oakland beating the Jets legitimizes last week's win too. In 2008 little did we know we beat crappy teams at this point.
                            Agreed. The way Oakland handled the Jets shows that last week's win was not put up against a bunch of scrubs.

The Raiders are a decent football team, the Patriots are a good football team, and two weeks in a row the Bills posted those teams huge leads and then came back to win.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                              • Dec 2008

difference being, this run started week 7 of last year. we took some great teams to overtime, won some games we should have lost, and basically had the foundation in place.

we were building towards this in the offseason, and are doing what we are expected to do.

we SHOULD have beaten the raiders and the chiefs this year - the pats game was just icing on the cake.

in 2008, we knew exactly what that team was too: a 7-9 team. sure, maybe we THOUGHT we could do better than 7-9, but the 2 previous years, with the same roster and organizational philosophy, we had gone 7-9. that year, it wasn't realistic that they could win out, make the playoffs, make a run, etc.

this year? who knows what our ceiling is? we beat the pats. we should have beat pittsburgh last year, we should have beat baltimore last year, we're a good, young team. our ceiling is whatever - playoffs? division champs? who knows.

bottom line - this team isn't going to "come back down to earth," because they have been playing at this level for 13 games now.

Comment

Working...
                              X