PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Gish needs help 'Keeping it Real'

BillsWin
09-25-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Bills-fans-need-help-keeping-it-real-2182849.php

The stupidity of some writers these days makes my skin crawl and my stomach hurt when I pass my journalism degree in the hall.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
bomb the ***** with emails and taunts

BillsWin
09-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Horrible writing in the first place. But I'm very glad the Bills did my talking for me.

McBFLO
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Wow. What a c-word.

cocamide
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
She's a troll. Why give her the satisfaction of knowing that people even read her columns? Just ignore her and move on... best thing we can do.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I just wrote her a beautiful e-mail. It was very colorful. I am sure it will make her monday morning very enjoyable.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 09:41 PM
What a stupid ugly ***** she is. I want to spit in her face.

http://www.timesunion.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=389234

OpIv37
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
The only part that bothered me was the Canada thing.

First, it's not the fans' fault that the owner is greedy enough to sell off one of our home games, so don't hold it against us. Even most of the fans who are from Canada don't like it.

Second, who cares if we have fans from Canada? She's just trying to appeal to nonsensical jingoistic nationalism to make her case. It's an emotional plea that, unfortunately, will likely resonate with her ignorant, small-town readers.

And third, the Jets fan inferiority complex is so ****ing obvious. The Jets will always be second fiddle to the Giants. Just deal with it- don't take it out on Bills fans.

The paper made the decision to feature the Jets over the Bills, and people complained. Either admit that your readers want more Bills coverage and fix it, or have the balls to stand by the decision to not give a **** about the Bills. But this pathetic attempt to justify the decision by saying that Buffalo is Canada is just illogical and embarrassing.

BILLSROCK1212
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Honestly, that piece was flat-out obnoxious. It wasn't journalism, it was her lashing out while trying to do it in a professional manner, but that was as unprofessional as it gets.

SABuffalo786
09-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Don't even bother - the more e-mails she gets the more it helps her.

She's a nobody. Treat her like one.

Besides, Albany sucks.

imbondz
09-25-2011, 10:01 PM
i didn't even finish reading the garbage.

MikeNC
09-25-2011, 10:06 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/jennifergish/

Look @ her bio, she a freekin blogger for parenting....her name sounds like something you would call a smelly vagina..

northernbillfan
09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I couldn't stand the Canada line either. She makes it sound like they play two or three games a year here.

She can throw a few numbers together and add the difference between two games, well la-de-frikkin-dah!

ParanoidAndroid
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Why not..... it's all in good fun.... Here's my reply.

When a "journalist" writes a snarky reply to fans in a sports editorial and fails to hide partiality and her/his bandwagon fan status, it makes them look bad to real football fans. So, now that the Bills are the only remaining undefeated team in the AFC and the highest scoring team in the NFL, are the talk of the NFL right now having beaten the number 1 team on many power ranking polls, actually beat the Raiders unlike the Jets..... should I continue?
What will be your excuse this week? What will be your defense if somehow the Jets loss to the Raiders is bigger news than the Bills' win over the Patriots.

Sincerely,

A. Miller

sdbillsfan2
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
I just wrote her a beautiful e-mail. It was very colorful. I am sure it will make her monday morning very enjoyable.

"
Hope you signed it "HurkeyNuts" lol

Demon
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
wow what a ****

clumping platelets
09-26-2011, 05:04 AM
My e-mail I just sent

Jennifer,

The fact that you do not understand the passion that Western New York has for it's sports teams disqualifies you as a journalist. You clearly did little or no research. Question for you: Which NFL team is the ONLY team that plays it's home games in New York State? That's right, the Buffalo Bills. I wonder how you will respond, probably something not worthy to wipe my ass with.

Bob B. ( a 18 yr season ticket holder)

Meathead
09-26-2011, 05:14 AM
wow. idk whats more alarming, the writer thinking that kind of finger wagging lecture wouldnt earn her a chorus of boos, or the visciousness of some of these responses. give her raspberries yeah, but spit in her face, really? wow

people treat politics like entertainment and entertainment like politics. its only football. its not like we are electing a known failure to the most critical job in the world. again

YardRat
09-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Meh...harmless blather.

Cntrygal
09-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Don't feed the troll...

And basically that is what she is.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Dear Jennifer,

I was going to say: You hack writing sucks
However: I think you already know that the soccer mom writing on the timesunion.com isn't exactly "writing" now is it.

I was going to say: You are one ugly b-word (no swearing)
However: I am assuming you have heard that enough in your life that you have become immune to that insult.

I was going to say: Lighten up, jerk.
However: I am assuming you are one of the numerous 40 something moms that think you are better than you are and anyone who loves something with a passion, like Bills football, probably something you don't care for, are a bunch of immature jerks.

Oh yeah, your kids are probably ugly, too.

TGOJK

clumping platelets
09-26-2011, 05:59 AM
I always, always fight back against ignorance

DynaPaul
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm in Albany and this girl is clueless. She has the kind of face I wanna punch and I'm not buying the Times Union anymore.

camelcowboy
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
I bid 1 dollar for her, this is a bang for bucks thread?

MikeNC
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I bid 1 dollar for her, this is a bang for bucks thread?

She needs a meat enema....