X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGreg
    • Jan 2006

Got into a fight over the bills

I was at my kids local soccer game. All of the parents set up on one side of the soccer field. There were several small fields as this was "U6" or under 6 years old. I had my twin boys (4 years old and my one son is handicapped) in a match at 1 pm and another at 230 pm with my 6 year old daughter. During the first match there was an older man who was quite loud. He had his Bills hat and Jersey on. It was a Trent Edwards jersey. He would bounce back and forth between his truck and the field. He was listening to the game. He would come back and give frequent loud updates. I asked him if he could not broadcast the plays as I was recording the game and wanted to watch it when I got home. He told me to "**** off" After the first match which ended at the same time as the first half my daughter started her match on the same field. This same dude was there. He must of had another grandchild there. He kept up the play by play. I then asked him agian. I said I am a huuuuuuge bills fan my self and wanted to watch the game not knowing the outcome. He gets in my face and tells me to take a swing. I realize that I am by my self with three young kids under 6 years old on a soccer field. So as the soccer game is being played I feel that I should leave the area. I have to walk onto the field and tell my son we have to leave. He does not want to go. The man yells at me saying "what a pussy" I gather all three my kids up and start walking to my car. He then follows me to my car. I have three small kids and my wife is pulling a double shift as a nurse in the ER and can't be there. As I open my sliding door to my van he takes a swing at me as I am helping my son into the van. It lands on my jaw. My son falls to the ground. I cant believe this is happening. My one son is scared (the one who is handicapped) and runs away, right into traffic. My other two kids are in the van. As I go to chase my son who is running into traffic, the same dude grabs my jersey and wont let me go. I turn around and knock him out. I chase after my son and get him. As they are helping the jerk off the ground someone calls the cops. The police started to arrest me, Then a guy in a dophins jersey comes up and sets things straight. He was video taping the whole thing. I almost knocked him out as my son ran out into traffic as he would rather video tape then help. Should I have just kept my mouth shut? And I still am feeling soooooo angry as when I was at my van I watched my son run into traffic and this dude is holding me back.
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Got into a fight over the bills

you can't tell people what to do. maybe his grand kids wanted updates while playing. you should have just have shut the hell up.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-25-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

lol

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Wow, That stinks man :/ Sorry you had that happen.

However you did what you had to do. You tried to walk away and he would not let you. Your a better man than I as I would have knocked him out the first time he got in my face

Glad nothing legal happened to you. All things considered the outcome was good. Your family was unharmed and that's the biggest thing no matter what.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal. I'm sure you asked him politely to not broadcast the plays right? doubtful, why else would someone come back with a "**** off" response.
          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-25-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

The way I read it he asked him not told him. Big difference.

edit: now if it did not go down that way of course that changes things. I am just going on what he said.
            Last edited by Billz_fan; 09-25-2011, 11:33 PM.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
              if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal.
              You are right. Except part where the guy supposedly threw first punch and followed him. I don't buy the entire story, I think it's semi fabricated. Ya you don't have right to tell people to shut the F up

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

He sounded like he got what was due him. You tried to walk away, and he attacked you.

The only thing I feel you did wrong was try to talk to him again after you asked if he would not announce the game action. His first response should have told you he was a douchebag of high order. Just walk to the other side of the field if you don't want to hear him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

this is why its hard to go to ball games any more. a lot of the fights are between bills fans.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DGreg
                    I was at my kids local soccer game. All of the parents set up on one side of the soccer field. There were several small fields as this was "U6" or under 6 years old. I had my twin boys (4 years old and my one son is handicapped) in a match at 1 pm and another at 230 pm with my 6 year old daughter. During the first match there was an older man who was quite loud. He had his Bills hat and Jersey on. It was a Trent Edwards jersey. He would bounce back and forth between his truck and the field. He was listening to the game. He would come back and give frequent loud updates. I asked him if he could not broadcast the plays as I was recording the game and wanted to watch it when I got home. He told me to "**** off" After the first match which ended at the same time as the first half my daughter started her match on the same field. This same dude was there. He must of had another grandchild there. He kept up the play by play. I then asked him agian. I said I am a huuuuuuge bills fan my self and wanted to watch the game not knowing the outcome. He gets in my face and tells me to take a swing. I realize that I am by my self with three young kids under 6 years old on a soccer field. So as the soccer game is being played I feel that I should leave the area. I have to walk onto the field and tell my son we have to leave. He does not want to go. The man yells at me saying "what a pussy" I gather all three my kids up and start walking to my car. He then follows me to my car. I have three small kids and my wife is pulling a double shift as a nurse in the ER and can't be there. As I open my sliding door to my van he takes a swing at me as I am helping my son into the van. It lands on my jaw. My son falls to the ground. I cant believe this is happening. My one son is scared (the one who is handicapped) and runs away, right into traffic. My other two kids are in the van. As I go to chase my son who is running into traffic, the same dude grabs my jersey and wont let me go. I turn around and knock him out. I chase after my son and get him. As they are helping the jerk off the ground someone calls the cops. The police started to arrest me, Then a guy in a dophins jersey comes up and sets things straight. He was video taping the whole thing. I almost knocked him out as my son ran out into traffic as he would rather video tape then help. Should I have just kept my mouth shut? And I still am feeling soooooo angry as when I was at my van I watched my son run into traffic and this dude is holding me back.
                    I call shananaginns. I really don't buy your story.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                      • Aug 2008

He deserved to get arrested just for wearing a Trent Edwards jersey.
                      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by zone
                        I call shananaginns. I really don't buy your story.
                        i agree. no normal person is just going to tell someone "**** off" unless they felt threatened by a rude comment or something. OP should have had a radio set listening to the game in one of his ears. why would anyone want to wait to know what happened in a game like this? you can always watch the game later but i would never not want to know what is currently happening during a Bills game. This was huge for us. You should have been thanking him for updating you.
                        Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-25-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          this is why its hard to go to ball games any more. a lot of the fights are between bills fans.
                          \

Yeah, and why were there Bills fans there and a Dolphin fan and you Bills fans are fighting each other instead of beating up the Dolphin fan ?
                          The Polian Curse

Comment

• DGreg
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                            if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal. I'm sure you asked him politely to not broadcast the plays right? doubtful, why else would someone come back with a "**** off" response.
                            LOL, I did not tell him to shut up. We live in a society. This was not at a tailgate party, but at a Pre K soccor game. I guess there are no rules. Drunken Men can just be jerks around Pre K kids and god for bid any one says anything. F off. I should have knocked him out right away.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by DGreg
                              LOL, I did not tell him to shut up. We live in a society. This was not at a tailgate party, but at a Pre K soccor game. I guess there are no rules. Drunken Men can just be jerks around Pre K kids and god for bid any one says anything. F off. I should have knocked him out right away.
                              if this even really happened, you started the whole thing by opening your big mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X