PDA

View Full Version : Got into a fight over the bills

DGreg
09-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I was at my kids local soccer game. All of the parents set up on one side of the soccer field. There were several small fields as this was "U6" or under 6 years old. I had my twin boys (4 years old and my one son is handicapped) in a match at 1 pm and another at 230 pm with my 6 year old daughter. During the first match there was an older man who was quite loud. He had his Bills hat and Jersey on. It was a Trent Edwards jersey. He would bounce back and forth between his truck and the field. He was listening to the game. He would come back and give frequent loud updates. I asked him if he could not broadcast the plays as I was recording the game and wanted to watch it when I got home. He told me to "**** off" After the first match which ended at the same time as the first half my daughter started her match on the same field. This same dude was there. He must of had another grandchild there. He kept up the play by play. I then asked him agian. I said I am a huuuuuuge bills fan my self and wanted to watch the game not knowing the outcome. He gets in my face and tells me to take a swing. I realize that I am by my self with three young kids under 6 years old on a soccer field. So as the soccer game is being played I feel that I should leave the area. I have to walk onto the field and tell my son we have to leave. He does not want to go. The man yells at me saying "what a pussy" I gather all three my kids up and start walking to my car. He then follows me to my car. I have three small kids and my wife is pulling a double shift as a nurse in the ER and can't be there. As I open my sliding door to my van he takes a swing at me as I am helping my son into the van. It lands on my jaw. My son falls to the ground. I cant believe this is happening. My one son is scared (the one who is handicapped) and runs away, right into traffic. My other two kids are in the van. As I go to chase my son who is running into traffic, the same dude grabs my jersey and wont let me go. I turn around and knock him out. I chase after my son and get him. As they are helping the jerk off the ground someone calls the cops. The police started to arrest me, Then a guy in a dophins jersey comes up and sets things straight. He was video taping the whole thing. I almost knocked him out as my son ran out into traffic as he would rather video tape then help. Should I have just kept my mouth shut? And I still am feeling soooooo angry as when I was at my van I watched my son run into traffic and this dude is holding me back.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:25 PM
you can't tell people what to do. maybe his grand kids wanted updates while playing. you should have just have shut the hell up.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
lol

Billz_fan
09-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, That stinks man :/ Sorry you had that happen.

However you did what you had to do. You tried to walk away and he would not let you. Your a better man than I as I would have knocked him out the first time he got in my face :laughter:

Glad nothing legal happened to you. All things considered the outcome was good. Your family was unharmed and that's the biggest thing no matter what.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:29 PM
if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal. I'm sure you asked him politely to not broadcast the plays right? doubtful, why else would someone come back with a "**** off" response.

Billz_fan
09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
The way I read it he asked him not told him. Big difference.

edit: now if it did not go down that way of course that changes things. I am just going on what he said.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-25-2011, 11:32 PM
if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal.

You are right. Except part where the guy supposedly threw first punch and followed him. I don't buy the entire story, I think it's semi fabricated. Ya you don't have right to tell people to shut the F up

Mad Max
09-25-2011, 11:32 PM
He sounded like he got what was due him. You tried to walk away, and he attacked you.

The only thing I feel you did wrong was try to talk to him again after you asked if he would not announce the game action. His first response should have told you he was a douchebag of high order. Just walk to the other side of the field if you don't want to hear him.

justasportsfan
09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
this is why its hard to go to ball games any more. a lot of the fights are between bills fans.

zone
I was at my kids local soccer game. All of the parents set up on one side of the soccer field. There were several small fields as this was "U6" or under 6 years old. I had my twin boys (4 years old and my one son is handicapped) in a match at 1 pm and another at 230 pm with my 6 year old daughter. During the first match there was an older man who was quite loud. He had his Bills hat and Jersey on. It was a Trent Edwards jersey. He would bounce back and forth between his truck and the field. He was listening to the game. He would come back and give frequent loud updates. I asked him if he could not broadcast the plays as I was recording the game and wanted to watch it when I got home. He told me to "**** off" After the first match which ended at the same time as the first half my daughter started her match on the same field. This same dude was there. He must of had another grandchild there. He kept up the play by play. I then asked him agian. I said I am a huuuuuuge bills fan my self and wanted to watch the game not knowing the outcome. He gets in my face and tells me to take a swing. I realize that I am by my self with three young kids under 6 years old on a soccer field. So as the soccer game is being played I feel that I should leave the area. I have to walk onto the field and tell my son we have to leave. He does not want to go. The man yells at me saying "what a pussy" I gather all three my kids up and start walking to my car. He then follows me to my car. I have three small kids and my wife is pulling a double shift as a nurse in the ER and can't be there. As I open my sliding door to my van he takes a swing at me as I am helping my son into the van. It lands on my jaw. My son falls to the ground. I cant believe this is happening. My one son is scared (the one who is handicapped) and runs away, right into traffic. My other two kids are in the van. As I go to chase my son who is running into traffic, the same dude grabs my jersey and wont let me go. I turn around and knock him out. I chase after my son and get him. As they are helping the jerk off the ground someone calls the cops. The police started to arrest me, Then a guy in a dophins jersey comes up and sets things straight. He was video taping the whole thing. I almost knocked him out as my son ran out into traffic as he would rather video tape then help. Should I have just kept my mouth shut? And I still am feeling soooooo angry as when I was at my van I watched my son run into traffic and this dude is holding me back.
I call shananaginns. I really don't buy your story.

RoscoeMagic
He deserved to get arrested just for wearing a Trent Edwards jersey.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
i agree. no normal person is just going to tell someone "**** off" unless they felt threatened by a rude comment or something. OP should have had a radio set listening to the game in one of his ears. why would anyone want to wait to know what happened in a game like this? you can always watch the game later but i would never not want to know what is currently happening during a Bills game. This was huge for us. You should have been thanking him for updating you.

Billz_fan
09-25-2011, 11:38 PM
this is why its hard to go to ball games any more. a lot of the fights are between bills fans.\

Yeah, and why were there Bills fans there and a Dolphin fan and you Bills fans are fighting each other instead of beating up the Dolphin fan ? :laughter:

DGreg
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
if someone told me to shut up and i would have told them to **** off as well. where do you get off telling someone what they can and can't say. you were in the wrong and you started the whole ordeal. I'm sure you asked him politely to not broadcast the plays right? doubtful, why else would someone come back with a "**** off" response.

LOL, I did not tell him to shut up. We live in a society. This was not at a tailgate party, but at a Pre K soccor game. I guess there are no rules. Drunken Men can just be jerks around Pre K kids and god for bid any one says anything. F off. I should have knocked him out right away.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:43 PM
LOL, I did not tell him to shut up. We live in a society. This was not at a tailgate party, but at a Pre K soccor game. I guess there are no rules. Drunken Men can just be jerks around Pre K kids and god for bid any one says anything. F off. I should have knocked him out right away.

if this even really happened, you started the whole thing by opening your big mouth.

Mr. Pink
You should have just kept your mouth shut after your first attempt at telling him not to broadcast the score didn't work...imo.

wmoz11
If the story is accurate you did the right thing. Someone endangers your children you gotta act. Fighting is absolutely ******ed, but certain situations require it. As long as you did everything you could to avoid it you're fine.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
If you came on here for a pat on the back then you're just as dumb as the guy with the big mouth. You had to have been talking **** for someone to follow you and your family to your car and punch you. this is so hard to believe that i doubt it even happened.

Oaf
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
D move by the fins fan to just film and gawk, but at least he set the record straight instead of you getting screwed. Anyway we could see the footy or a still or two from it?

Crisis
09-25-2011, 11:57 PM
You should be picking fights with the fin fan, not other bills fans.

zone
09-26-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't even believe this story on so many levels but for starters, what one Bills fan that is a big enough fan to be on a Internet discussion of them would choose to watch some sh**y pre-K soccer game while the Bills were on, let alone a second Bills fan who who has a truck and coincidentally 2 different grandkids that are more important than the Bills.

Demon
09-26-2011, 12:13 AM
You should of ordered pizza and wings and skipped the damn kids game and watched the game live.

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't even believe this story on so many levels but for starters, what one Bills fan that is a big enough fan to be on a Internet discussion of them would choose to watch some sh**y pre-K soccer game while the Bills were on, let alone a second Bills fan who who has a truck and coincidentally 2 different grandkids that are more important than the Bills.

Maybe the guy felt his children one of whom is disabled were more important than some spectator sport?

He probably also thought this game wouldn't be competitive...15 in a row and all that...so he recorded it.

zone
09-26-2011, 12:16 AM
Maybe the guy felt his children one of whom is disabled were more important than some spectator sport?

He probably also thought this game wouldn't be competitive...15 in a row and all that...so he recorded it.
In hindsight sounds like that was a bad decision after he was "asulted in the face".

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
In hindsight sounds like that was a bad decision after he was "asulted in the face".

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure "grandpa" who got knocked the F out in the end feels his decision may have been a little worse.

zone
09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
I turn around and knock him out.

Lol, nice punch.

zone
09-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure "grandpa" who got knocked the F out in the end feels his decision may have been a little worse.
You really buy this dude that chose a kids soccer game over the Bills knocked out a grandfather in front of his child at a soccer game?

This guy is so full of it, it's hilarious though!

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 12:33 AM
You really buy this dude that chose a kids soccer game over the Bills knocked out a grandfather in front of his child at a soccer game?

This guy is so full of it, it's hilarious though!

He's got a join date of 2006...so he get's my benefit of the doubt. (he's not one of the hundreds of donkeys that show up for a week, spam, and bounce).

There are a lot of douchebags at kids games, and many fights occur at those games, people have died due to fights at kids games. So his story is easily within the realm of possibility.

He might be embellishing in areas, though. I mean who TF creates that WYS wings type of story for giggles?

Demon
09-26-2011, 12:36 AM
He's got a join date of 2006...so he get's my benefit of the doubt. (he's not one of the hundreds of donkeys that show up for a week, spam, and bounce).

There are a lot of douchebags at kids games, and many fights occur at those games, people have died due to fights at kids games. So his story is easily within the realm of possibility.

He might be embellishing in areas, though. I mean who TF creates that WYS wings type of story for giggles?

Don't be so gullible.

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Don't be so gullible.
\

lol, I'll be alright buddy...I'm not buying anything off of ebay from him

Billz_fan
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
I agree with Mad Max that the story is certainly within the realm of possibility. It's not one tenth as hard to believe as the dozen or so story's I hear on the news during the week that I cannot believe happened and it's on the news for Christ sake. So his little fight story is certainly within believability.

With that said in the decades since we have had the technology to record tv events and games etc. Not 1 time have I ever been able to record a game and make it home to watch it without some F%*k wad spoiling it before I get to see it. So I do not even try anymore. Recording games is a waste of time if you are going to be around any people at all :laughter:

If I were recording the game (which I would not be) I would have just shrugged when the guy starting blurting the score and chalked up another failed attempt so there would have been no fight for me as I would have never said anything. Mainly because I have also learned that if you tell someone you are trying to record and do not want to know the outcome then you are gonna get told much more than if you never said anything because everyone starts to F*c* with you about it.

There is just no use to try and record a big event like that and then go out in public and expect not to hear anything. The only way it works is if you are a Bills fan recording a game and you live in another state where no one is talking or cares about the game.

Ingtar33
09-26-2011, 12:56 AM

I don't either.

I hate to be disbelieving but this feels like it's made up. I've been in real fights before. you can be a ripped trained boxer, and break your hand on a guys face and not knock him out. and you laid him out in one punch? i'm not buying it.

I've thrown and been hit by a lot of punches, i'm a pretty strong dude. i've never seen a dude laid out in a single punch unless it was to the crotch, or a suckerpunch to the back of the head of someone not paying attention.

Who attacks a guy with kids in their arms? unless that old man was drunk, i can't buy this. Throw in the fact if you did what it sounds like you did. you deserved to get smacked in the face. Who the hell tells someone else to shut up about telling other fans about a football score. Are you that much of a child?

bosshogg21
09-26-2011, 01:55 AM
You shoulda showed the guy what you were gonna do to him if he didn't stop shouting out the updates by beating up the dolphin fan in front of him.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 02:13 AM
i agree. no normal person is just going to tell someone "**** off" unless they felt threatened by a rude comment or something. OP should have had a radio set listening to the game in one of his ears. why would anyone want to wait to know what happened in a game like this? you can always watch the game later but i would never not want to know what is currently happening during a Bills game. This was huge for us. You should have been thanking him for updating you. Unless that normal person is an alcoholic. An alcoholic doesn't need to be liquored up to fly off the handle. I should know, I've lived with one.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 02:20 AM
if this even really happened, you started the whole thing by opening your big mouth. I have to agree with that. From the Op's initial post, he provoked it, and it got out of hand. The bad news for the Op is whether its kids soccer or not, its public domain. He has no legal right to tell someone to turn down a radio or to stop talking simply because the Op didn't like what that Person was talking about. You can ask someone to turn down a radio, or to talk about something else, but that is really as far as you can take it there. If that person refuses, there really is nothing you can do about it. JMO

JD
09-26-2011, 02:32 AM
I gaurantee you were talking so much **** while walking to your car. Your story doesnt add up..

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 02:45 AM
Get the video from the Fins fan and post it.

Meathead
09-26-2011, 04:11 AM
... and i asked him, just as nice as could be, in an english accent, dear old chap could you be a sport and not announce the scores? im much obliged, old bean

then he just hauled off and hit me

TMu11
09-26-2011, 05:36 AM

Now he was drunk too?

This is going a bit far....

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2011, 05:54 AM
If you are getting into a fight at a kid's soccer game, regardless of the reason, you are pretty much a loser.

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 05:59 AM
It would be cool to get a hold of the tape.

NorthCarBills
09-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Did he call you Frances?

TacklingDummy
09-26-2011, 07:05 AM
I was at my kids local soccer game. All of the parents set up on one side of the soccer field. There were several small fields as this was "U6" or under 6 years old. I had my twin boys (4 years old and my one son is handicapped) in a match at 1 pm and another at 230 pm with my 6 year old daughter. During the first match there was an older man who was quite loud. He had his Bills hat and Jersey on. It was a Trent Edwards jersey.

yordad is that you?

TigerJ
09-26-2011, 07:10 AM
If you asked rather than told, you were not off base. However, after I asked once, and he kept it up, I would have moved. A soccer field is pretty big and I'd be surprised if you couldn't get out of earshot of this goon. If I couldn't, I would have just tolerated it and watched the game knowing the outcome.

EricStratton
09-26-2011, 07:15 AM
It helps to resign to the fact that in today's world it is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid hearing the outcome of an NFL game before you watch it later.

Plus the story is bullcrap.

Stewie
09-26-2011, 07:16 AM
you can't tell people what to do. maybe his grand kids wanted updates while playing. you should have just have shut the hell up.

I hope this isn't a serious post.

If anyone put my children in danger, by attacking me or otherwise, I'd murder them. Murder.

EricStratton
09-26-2011, 07:17 AM
BTW - For those knocking the guy for being at a game and not watching the Bills I did the same thing.

Family comes first.

I just wasn't dumb enough to think I could DVR it and avoid a score nor was I creative enough to make up a story about beating up an old man.

zone
09-26-2011, 07:24 AM
BTW - For those knocking the guy for being at a game and not watching the Bills I did the same thing.

Family comes first.

I just wasn't dumb enough to think I could DVR it and avoid a score nor was I creative enough to make up a story about beating up an old man.
/sarcasm

TacklingDummy
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM

The 1st thing you don't do is wear anything that has Buffalo Bills on it. If you are DVRing it you don't need some dummy walking by you and saying "Good Game today, eh?"

My wife has told me to stop wearing Yankee or Bills stuff when we go in public.

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2011, 07:32 AM
The 1st thing you don't do is wear anything that has Buffalo Bills on it. If you are DVRing it you don't need some dummy walking by you and saying "Good Game today, eh?"

My wife has told me to stop wearing Yankee or Bills stuff when we go in public.
She probably does not want to be seen with you in public period.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2011, 07:38 AM
She probably does not want to be seen with you in public period.

We are trying to stay incognito in the social service line. Everyone else there has on sport shirts and pajama bottoms. Just trying to blend in.

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Who plays soccer on Sunday?

EricStratton
09-26-2011, 07:57 AM

About 100000 kids in New Jersey alone.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I hope this isn't a serious post.

If anyone put my children in danger, by attacking me or otherwise, I'd murder them. Murder.

it was dead serious. you should re-read the post. all of this started because the OP opened his big mouth to begin with. as stated once before, you ask once, if that didn't work. you shrug it off.

bf1
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
If true, you can't blame the guy for getting mad at you. If true that was a real ***** move on the the other guy's part to come after you when you are with your small kids.

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
About 100000 kids in New Jersey alone.

So when are they suppose to go to church?

bf1
09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
So when are they suppose to go to church?

That's a growing issue in church. I hear it a lot at my church.

The leagues by me try to coordinate. Soccer early, baseball later. They are busy coordinating leagues, they can't consider church or pro sports. It'll become impossible.

Night Train
09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
An amazing story. Sorry that happened.

A few years ago, I had to pull my 7 year old daughter from baseball because a Dad and the Grandfather of a boy would absolutely lose it at every single practice & game, if their son didn't get a hit or make a play in the field. I felt so sorry for the boy. Delusional duo who would dress up in some sort of baseball uniform themselves every game. Some mother finally said something to them and they got all pissed off.

I told the coach why I pulled her and he didn't have the sack to say something to the Dad & the Grandfather. The poor boy will probably be in a Psych Ward by the time he's 18 or I'll read about him killing the two.

Philagape
09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
You're absolutely right to defend yourself and your kids, but you're absolutely wrong to expect a score-free zone around you wherever you go.
Especially yesterday. Those scores deserved to be shouted real-time in Antarctica.

EricStratton
09-26-2011, 10:39 AM

The leagues by me try to coordinate. Soccer early, baseball later. They are busy coordinating leagues, they can't consider church or pro sports. It'll become impossible.

No games in our league (Mid New Jersey which has 800 clubs and about 8000 teams) before 11:30 am.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2011, 11:12 AM
pussified

psubills62
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
It helps to resign to the fact that in today's world it is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid hearing the outcome of an NFL game before you watch it later.

Especially when you proceed to log onto a message board that has the end result plastered all over every thread.

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM

What's wrong with Saturday?

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
If done politely, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking someone to not shout out the score. In today's society, there are thousands of parents probably DVR'ing games and such.

I am absolutely mystified by the rancor this guy is getting for asking someone not to shout out the score.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
If done politely, there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking someone to not shout out the score. In today's society, there are thousands of parents probably DVR'ing games and such.

I am absolutely mystified by the rancor this guy is getting for asking someone not to shout out the score.

if you believe this guy politely asked him to not shout the score out then let me sell you a nickle for 50$........ it's worth it, honest.

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 11:38 AM
if you believe this guy politely asked him to not shout the score out then let me sell you a nickle for 50$........ it's worth it, honest.

I've done it myself, so I believe it can be done.

bf1
09-26-2011, 12:05 PM
What's wrong with Saturday?

I agree. But probably because of more scheduling conflicts.

Philagape
09-26-2011, 01:13 PM

It's that he didn't take no for an answer. Asking once is fine, asking again is his problem.

Beebe's Kid
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I have placed an inquiry with children services.

Soccer on Sunday? During the season? My boys aren't old enough to go the Ralph yet, but when it's gameday, they are rocking their Fitzy jerseys, and yelling lets go Buffalo.

Part of what's wrong with this country is soccer, and the other is bad parenting. At this rate your kids could be like my buddy's yesterday...showed up in a Brady jersey.

:penalty:

Oh...and this story gets 15 yards for bull****.

B-DON
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Please just go away. Your posts are more worthless than a fat ass on a nun. They're horrible and never have one ounce of insight.

Mr. Miyagi
09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
So the Dolphins fan was videotaping two Bills fans fighting each other.

Nice.

I'm not sure if I believe it if you gather up your kids to walk away, the dude would still follow you all the way up to your car and take a swing at you while you're helping your kids in the car. You had to be mouthing off the whole time at the very least.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Please just go away. Your posts are more worthless than a fat ass on a nun. They're horrible and never have one ounce of insight.

you are the minority here smart guy.

B-DON
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
you are the minority here smart guy.
Doubtful. All you do is spew nonsense and swear. Are you still in high school cuz then it would be understandable?

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
It's that he didn't take no for an answer. Asking once is fine, asking again is his problem.

I disagree, but then I bet asking him not to use that kind of foul language around little kids might get the same result.

better days
09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I've done it myself, so I believe it can be done.

It can be done. But have you ever had someone take a swing at you after asking politely?

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Doubtful. All you do is spew nonsense and swear. Are you still in high school cuz then it would be understandable?

go to hell friend.

TMu11
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM

And this post is insightful and praise-worthy?

I don't get the nun "joke," do you like fat asses?

B-DON
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
And this post is insightful and praise-worthy?

I don't get the nun "joke," do you like fat asses?
Where did I ever say praise worthy? His post suck and never bring insight. Someone needs to inform him of this since he obviously doesn't get. Go look at his posts in other threads. They're straight up horrible and never bring any insight to the thread unless you like reading bleeped out words. His posts suck. Plain and simple

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Where did I ever say praise worthy? His post suck and never bring insight. Someone needs to inform him of this since he obviously doesn't get. Go look at his posts in other threads. They're straight up horrible and never bring any insight to the thread unless you like reading bleeped out words. His posts suck. Plain and simple

dude, you still have leslie frazier as your avatar. are you ******ed?

B-DON
09-26-2011, 04:03 PM
dude, you still have leslie frazier as your avatar. are you ******ed?
Oh no I haven't updated my avatar. What's that have to do with your second grade posts. It's like u just learned how to cuss and want everyone to know. All good tho. One day you'll grow up and learn how to post like a big boy

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
this sounds fishy to me

if it happened the way you say the other guy is a lunatic
but i wager there is two sides to this story and his might paint you as
threatening him to turn it off or else.

But i may be wrong... if it went down the way you describe exactly then the other dude should be dragged out back and beaten with a cat'o-9 tails

DGreg
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it did happen as I said. I was very excited during the game. My daughter was doing well and I was emotional. She was scoring goals. I was rooting her on. Maybe when I asked him to stop broadcasting I could have been direct. However I was not rude or loud. If I had it to do all over again, I would have kept my mouth shut. But why should I have to.

Any ways Go Bills.

bluerosekiller
09-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah, it did happen as I said. I was very excited during the game. My daughter was doing well and I was emotional. She was scoring goals. I was rooting her on. Maybe when I asked him to stop broadcasting I could have been direct. However I was not rude or loud. If I had it to do all over again, I would have kept my mouth shut. But why should I have to.

Any ways Go Bills.

I should probably just let this thread die out, but I can't sleep, I'm loaded up on pain meds post knee surgery, so against my better judgement, he goes...

Personally, I have no reason not to believe your story, but folks here do have a right to scrutinize it since you've gone ahead & made it a topic of public discussion here. And some of them have made valid points regarding their doubts about whether the events you describe actually went down as you say they did, if at all.
I suppose the only way to dispell the idea that the story is a total fabrication from an attention seeker here is to provide some sort of proof that it did, indeed, occur. Perhaps by providing a link to a story in your local paper or even just a line or two about it in the siren calls or arrest reports section of it.
And, even if you provide said link, there're still those who will insist that you must have done something more than you describe in order to provoke this individual into attacking you like you say he did.
I must admit, my cynical side is telling me that there must be more to the story than you're telling us. 'Cause everyone always goes out of their way to portray themselves & their actions in the best possible light when recounting an incident. It's human nature. You know?
But, then again, there ARE a lot of really ****ty people out there these days & when you factor in alcohol, things can & often do get ugly for no apparent reason. Unfortunately, ESPECIALLY at kids sporting events/games when emotions run high for some people who're overly competitive & miss the point that maybe winning or losing a game isn't SO damned important & that at that level maybe just having some fun should be the #1 goal.
Hell, not a week goes by without some ugly incident involving violence prone parents making the national news. So...

Meathead
09-28-2011, 08:06 AM
excuse me kind sir i hate to bother you but could you kindly do me a small fav ... hey whered those nunchucks come from

Bill Cody
09-28-2011, 08:57 AM
The part that makes this story believable is a fin fan videoing the event instead of helping when a kid runs into traffic. Who here can't buy that?:laughing:

ublinkwescore
09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
if that guy had any class, he should have respected the wishes of a fellow bills fan to not have the game ruined for him before he can see it.

northernbillfan
09-28-2011, 02:18 PM
A true Bills fan would have been taping the game as well instead of checking for updates.

northernbillfan
09-28-2011, 02:19 PM
It helps to resign to the fact that in today's world it is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid hearing the outcome of an NFL game before you watch it later.I was able to avoid the results on Sunday until I made it home to watch the game and I didn't get home until 6 EDT.