PDA

View Full Version : On the INT's...Pats get jacked up?

psubills62
09-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Was just watching the highlights on Sportscenter (when was the last time I could say that??), and took notice of a couple of interesting plays by the Bills on two of the INT's.

George Wilson's INT, on the return, if you watch just behind Wilson at one point, a guy runs into Welker, blocking him right into a second Bills guy and Welker goes absolutely flying. Guy got brutalized on that block.

Florence's INT, right after the ball is tipped in the air, whoever was covering Edelman coming across the middle takes a look at the ball. As soon as he sees it's in the air, the guy doesn't even look to see if it's intercepted, he just crushes Edelman and knocks him to the ground.

Love seeing the attitude and physicality of this team. Also love seeing those Patsies get jacked up. Just wish I could have added one more guy to this post in Brady.

BertSquirtgum
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM
If the Bills want to win in December, they are going to have to find a way to get to Brady. The Patriots will have everything fine tuned by then.

YE OLE COTTON
09-26-2011, 02:23 AM
This team is definitely playing with an edge. The personnel changes almost without fail made us bigger, stronger, and nastier at every position. The results are showing!

TMu11
09-26-2011, 05:32 AM
If the Bills want to win in December, they are going to have to find a way to get to Brady. The Patriots will have everything fine tuned by then.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Our front 4 were ineffective at best

mikemac2001
09-26-2011, 05:35 AM

yes but a tip a few balls....atleast they did something

psubills62
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I'm not really happy with how they played (except in defending the run, specifically Green-Ellis). They did have a holding penalty or two called, and should have had more than that.

ddaryl
09-26-2011, 09:37 AM
That is not completely true.. They collapsed the pocket around Brady for much of the day.. Yeah he had time to throw on many plays, but the collapsing pocket was a solid reason for those 4 INT's... just because they didn't put up the sack numbers or the hits on Brady doesn't mean they didn't make it uncomfortable for him... Brady didn't have lots of room to step up in the pocket on every play, and not many if any team is going ot be able ot bring that kind of pressure on the Brady because their OL is rock solid

BUT overall I do agree we need to find ways to hit him more often.

trapezeus
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
i think getting troup back will make a big difference.

psubills62
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
i think getting troup back will make a big difference.
Did he play against NE?

madness
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Was just watching the highlights on Sportscenter (when was the last time I could say that??), and took notice of a couple of interesting plays by the Bills on two of the INT's.

George Wilson's INT, on the return, if you watch just behind Wilson at one point, a guy runs into Welker, blocking him right into a second Bills guy and Welker goes absolutely flying. Guy got brutalized on that block.

Florence's INT, right after the ball is tipped in the air, whoever was covering Edelman coming across the middle takes a look at the ball. As soon as he sees it's in the air, the guy doesn't even look to see if it's intercepted, he just crushes Edelman and knocks him to the ground.

Love seeing the attitude and physicality of this team. Also love seeing those Patsies get jacked up. Just wish I could have added one more guy to this post in Brady.

Brady was about to get jacked up on Florence's run to the end zone but saw Byrd lining him up. He wisely gave up on the play like the sissy-girl he is.