PDA

View Full Version : Off my chest...

wmoz11
09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah, everything has been said that needs to be said, but I just want to get all my feelings out in one post.

I've been a Bills fan since birth, even though my dad was a Giants fan. I grew up in the northern tier of PA. Not close enough to Philly or Pittsburgh to be a fan of those teams. We got the Binghamton CBS feed my whole life so I became a Bills fan from having them on TV all the time and them being a Super Bowl team growing up.

I've been through it all. My friends all laugh at me when they see my license plate. They laugh at me when I draft Bills players in fantasy. They laugh at me when I taunt after a Bills win.

You know what, though? Over time, the Bills have been part of what makes me who I am. I look forward to that 2nd weekend in September like others look forward to payday. I know we're going 6-10 every year and I still get just as excited as any Steelers or Eagles fan.

My dad, you know - that Giants fan I talked about earlier, has become a huge Bills fan. I've gone on to college, moved away from home, and he has since found himself watching CBS every Sunday at 1PM. He calls me during halftime and talks to me about Freddie needing to get more involved. He asks me about Dareus and his ability to stuff the run.

Okay, so my Dad likes the Bills because his only son does. I get that. Not a big deal. Well, when he's calling me and freaking out over every first down and every INT, it means a lot. And as much as I love him, it's not family that's doing it. It's the ****ing Buffalo Bills. They're so hard to root for because of their history the last decade, yet they're so fun to root for because when they win it's a ****ing party.

Sorry for the long post. I'm sure I'll get the "tl;dr" response, but I wanted to get it out there. I love the Bills whether they're good or not. Being good makes it so much better, though....

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 01:35 AM
Enjoy the moment man. We haven't had many days like this in a long time, so no-one can be faulted for gushing.

Hopefully this will get you over your mancrush on poz!

:duel:

wmoz11
09-26-2011, 01:38 AM
We do deserve this moment, don't we, Max? My man-crush on Poz will remain, but I can still admit when we've got improvements (see: Nick Barnett).

BTW, how about our boy Landry Jones?

Mad Max
09-26-2011, 01:53 AM
We do deserve this moment, don't we, Max? My man-crush on Poz will remain...

Hey we all got our faults.

BTW, how about our boy Landry Jones?

Landry Muthaf#$*%n Jones, see now there's a proper mancrush! He's legit, right behind Luck in my book. I just wish they rolled up Mizzou a little more...

Either way we're out of the race for him now as well as the Luck race, we're not even in the Barkley race now, barring a total collapse.

I mentioned in another thread that if Fitz can maintain this level of performance for at least this season, then we may have to grab a mid rounder as solely a back up. We're not drafting Robert Griffin III in the 2nd to have him sit on the bench for 4 years.

Brandon Weeden would be my target...dude is ancient (28) but he just wins A LOT and will be available in the middle rounds.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Totally hear that man. My mom and I have a very similar Bills relationship.

Crisis
09-26-2011, 02:10 AM
I don't think anybody but Bills fans can appreciate this win so much... 8 years of frustration out the window with one field goal.

We've been terrible for over a decade now, and nothing epitomizes the past 10 years more than the losing streak to the Patriots... I know we'll probably get **** from other fans for our "superbowl" being in week three, but I really don't give a damn. You can't even put into words how much this win means to me... It's like the nerdy kid finally growing a pair and beating the **** out of the bully who's made his life hell for the past 8 years.

We've all either grown up with this team, or have some kind of deep connection with the team to stick with them through all these years... and for all that to pay off finally? Feels good, man.

YE OLE COTTON
09-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Enjoy the moment man. We haven't had many days like this in a long time, so no-one can be faulted for gushing.

Hopefully this will get you over your mancrush on poz!

:duel:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we are going to have more days like this to come. I think we legitimately have a good team on our hands here.

wmoz11
09-26-2011, 02:15 AM
I know we'll probably get **** from other fans for our "superbowl" being in week three, but I really don't give a damn. You can't even put into words how much this win means to me...
Holy ****. Said the same thing to many people today. No one understood it. They said, "dude, you're still the bills, it's week 3..."

I don't even think current young Bills PLAYERS know how much it means. I've had an awesome 25 years of life. I have an unbelievable family, I've played at a high level in sports, been to a good school, had great girlfriends.... and today is still one of the best days of my life.

Can't even express what today means and symbolizes.