• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

X-Era's official I was wrong thread

I have to come to the collective masses and admit being wrong in multiple areas.

1) Fitz- Not only is he adequate as a starting QB, he's better than that and a guy that can be counted on to win games. I am perfectly fine with Fitz as our starter going forward. We need to re-sign him and that will cost plenty of money. But, I'm good with us making that investment and I also think the search for a "franchise" guy is postponed. Now, I think I said I was unsure if he was all we need at the position or not. But I certainly didn't claim he was. For that, I was wrong.

2) Free agency- Even at points during yesterdays game I thought to myself that we could have used a proven CB or this or that. But there is no denying the play on the field. The OL has played great. They have given Freddy room to lead the league in rushing and have only given up one sack on Fitz. Many of those guys came from nowhere. Pears, Urbik, Rhinehart (who played great yesterday), even Bell. Then you look further at guys like Chandler, Nelson, Donald Jones, Stevie, Fitz, Freddy... This FO knows what talent looks like. I think a lot of it goes to Chan who is coaching the hell out of these guys but still. The front office provided the fans with a team of guys that can compete on at least an equal level. We didn't need to spend a lot of money to get better talent, we just developed what we had. I disagreed with the approach, for that I was wrong.

3) The next big thing we need to do is show some of these guys the money. Fitz, Stevie, Freddy, and yes Bell all need to be re-signed. I have claimed that the Bills may not make the investment on these guys. I look forward to being wrong on this too...

4) Finally, the future is bright. I was convinced we were in for many more years of the same ole deal. But I am most happy to say that I was wrong on this one.

Go Bills!!!!!

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: X-Era's official I was wrong thread

I'll agree that last year coming out of TC I had Fitz cut. The guy has really been surprising. Makes one think, did the Bills know what they had and put Edwards on a short term tryout just because he was younger and they had to make a decision about his contract.

As far as FA - this team still needs major help. You can't give up almost 500 yards on Def and expect every team to throw four INTs. They are in the hunt; they are two to three players away from being playoff steel.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

If all the gloom and doom posters from the spring/summer did this, we'd be out of bandwidth.

You're a good egg and we're all a bit stunned at this start, without question.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Now if we can get the old Jan back things'll be outstanding in these here parts...

Comment

• CoolBreeze
          • Feb 2009

Where's OpIV's " I was wrong" thread?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
            Never gonna happen, since he's usually right and it's only week 3. Let's save that until week 17 if we're sniffing the playoffs.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• bf1
              • Oct 2010

I wouldn't say I was wrong per se, but I will say that I grossly underestimated Chan's coaching abilities. I liked Chan all along, but wow. I think things go hand and hand. I think Chan is working with what he has and that has them firing on all cylinders. For example, I don't think the offensive line is any better, but the playcalling is making them good. That's not taking anything away from the o line. I think the play calling (under Jauron especially) made the offensive line look way worse than they actually were. I also don't mean to take credit away from Fitz. I just feel Chan is the x factor in this whole thing. His composure on the sidelines has to rub off on the team.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

You don't have to apologize for Bell. He was awful and in danger of losing his starting job before the season started. Since then he has played great and not only protected Fitz's blindside but is opening huge holes in the running game.

Demetrius Bell and Levitre are the biggest unsung players in my mind at this point.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                  You don't have to apologize for Bell. He was awful and in danger of losing his starting job before the season started. Since then he has played great and not only protected Fitz's blindside but is opening huge holes in the running game.

Demetrius Bell and Levitre are the biggest unsung players in my mind at this point.
                  Levitre may be the best lineman on this team.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
                    That would be "presumptuous" of you...

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      Levitre may be the best lineman on this team.
                      Not may be. He IS the best lineman on the team. Has been the past two years too.
                      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by methos4ever
                        Now if we can get the old Jan back things'll be outstanding in these here parts...
                        I was wrong, too, about the O-line and the TE position, as well as the Lee Evans' trade.

If you had seen me at Duffy's chugging vodka and screaming for the Bills, you'd know I'm back.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• methos4ever
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I was wrong, too, about the O-line and the TE position, as well as the Lee Evans' trade.

If you had seen me at Duffy's chugging vodka and screaming for the Bills, you'd know I'm back.
                          That definitely does the ole heart glad. Last time I saw a post from you it had that BILLS acronym and was disappointed you still felt that way!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                            I have to come to the collective masses and admit being wrong in multiple areas.

1) Fitz- Not only is he adequate as a starting QB, he's better than that and a guy that can be counted on to win games. I am perfectly fine with Fitz as our starter going forward. We need to re-sign him and that will cost plenty of money. But, I'm good with us making that investment and I also think the search for a "franchise" guy is postponed. Now, I think I said I was unsure if he was all we need at the position or not. But I certainly didn't claim he was. For that, I was wrong.

2) Free agency- Even at points during yesterdays game I thought to myself that we could have used a proven CB or this or that. But there is no denying the play on the field. The OL has played great. They have given Freddy room to lead the league in rushing and have only given up one sack on Fitz. Many of those guys came from nowhere. Pears, Urbik, Rhinehart (who played great yesterday), even Bell. Then you look further at guys like Chandler, Nelson, Donald Jones, Stevie, Fitz, Freddy... This FO knows what talent looks like. I think a lot of it goes to Chan who is coaching the hell out of these guys but still. The front office provided the fans with a team of guys that can compete on at least an equal level. We didn't need to spend a lot of money to get better talent, we just developed what we had. I disagreed with the approach, for that I was wrong.

3) The next big thing we need to do is show some of these guys the money. Fitz, Stevie, Freddy, and yes Bell all need to be re-signed. I have claimed that the Bills may not make the investment on these guys. I look forward to being wrong on this too...

4) Finally, the future is bright. I was convinced we were in for many more years of the same ole deal. But I am most happy to say that I was wrong on this one.

Go Bills!!!!!
                            No doubt Chan is a great HC but I think Nix deserves most of the credit for finding the players.

Comment

• cgbm
                              • Jan 2011

ok guys. i will also finally admit. as far as it seems now. that i was WRONG. fitz is playing great and we are winning games. so i am happy with our qb for now. which is good cuz were not going to get a good qb in the draft when were drafting at 32 :)

so now what.
                              a decent qb can win a fluke super bowl. but a franchise qb makes a perennial powerhouse.

Comment

Working...
                              X