PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts.

acehole
09-26-2011, 08:10 AM
1. Cici is the real test for coach Chan and the Bills.

2. Donald Jones...please work on your hands.

3. We need to have killer mentality...not just when the chips are down.

4. Play calling was pissing me off yesterday.

5. Nelson has got the it factor. Finesse for a big dude.

6. We could not stop Welker...and we should have done a better job don't you think?

7. Seeing Brady Say "FACK" on the sidelines after the INT was worth the price of NFL Sunday Ticket.

8. Seeing Bilicheck ***** to the refs with 1.43 left was priceless.

9. Nice game mclovin. Light come on? or inconsistent?

10. Looks like letting lee and pos and witner go changed some chemistry for the better.

11. We stayed with our base Defense and said to Brady beat us. At first I was like throw a blitz in there man! In the end I think Chan was saying our guys are good enough to slow you down and stop you without trickery..... I think that may have worked to our favor in destabilizing Brady.

12. I don't know if we found a chink in the armor or not but this is worth noting. Since we cant get to Brady in time with a pass rush...or defend a perfectly thrown ball. Getting in his passing lanes and making noise and getting your hand up seemed to work more then anything I have seen....it was like finding out Bledsoe did not like getting blitzed up the middle. Welker is 3 ft tall without a passing Lane to throw in I bet we take him out on a good % of Plays.

13. It is written somewhere in the catacolms at one Bills drive... You may never be able to cover a TE on any given day for any reason.

14.WTF best Oline in football? System is great for olinmen...told yall.

15. Stat wise I would be shocked if we didn't make playoffs.

16. We beat the Pats and the entire world loves us now...RW better use extra money to pay the players...(After season). Keep them hungry until the end of this season..don't change chemistry.

The Popcorn
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
14.WTF best Oline in football? System is great for olinmen...told yall.

Let's see.... 8 months was about..... nevermind.... just show us where you said that.

ddaryl
09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
4. Play calling was pissing me off yesterday.

Why ? curious

PromoTheRobot
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
1. Cici is the real test for coach Chan and the Bills.

Word! Who have we beaten? A bunch of stiffs? Not believing until we take out the Bengals and prove 49 points last year was no fluke.

PTR

Joe Fo Sho
09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Word! Who have we beaten? A bunch of stiffs? Not believing until we take out the Bengals and prove 49 points last year was no fluke.

PTR

Ha, you're right but I kind of see his point.

This is the definition of a trap game. With all of the media attention/positive press this team has been given the past two weeks, we'll see if the Bills keep their minds right.

That said, Chan and crew has given me absolutely NO reason why I think their egos will blow up.

Let's blow out the Bengals, keep the #1 scoring offense, and GO BILLS!!!

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
So Cincinnati is better than the Raiders and Patriots?

psubills62
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
So Cincinnati is better than the Raiders and Patriots?
No, but it will show truly how focused this team is to be able to pull out these two straight comeback victories and then hopefully beat the Bengals on the road.

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
The OP made is sound like this was the first real test of the season.

ddaryl
09-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah Cincy is classic let down game for a team that could be getting full of itself.. So this next game is all about staying focused.

acehole
09-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Well with the game on the line turnovers would have killed that drive late in fourth...I thought run run run get a field-goal if you have to but do not launch it in the air...it worked out of course but it was dangerous. We need to run the ball more... when the cold weather comes we better have a handle on that run game. I was cringing evertime the ball left fitz hand in the fourth....plus It would have eaten clock and kept Brady off....not that I was right and they were wrong but on a few plays they had long yardage they ran up the gut and I am like are they trying to lose this game? It worked out but it was confusing.

Why ? curious

acehole
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Let's see.... 8 months was about..... nevermind.... just show us where you said that.

Look it up I have nothing to prove to a hater.

Mad Bomber
09-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah Cincy is classic let down game for a team that could be getting full of itself.. So this next game is all about staying focused.
Agreed. Chan mentioned at his presser that our next step is to learn to handle prosperity.

acehole
09-26-2011, 04:13 PM
This is funny I know....but it is harder for a coach to get their team up for an inferior opponent then a great team sometimes...

Over confidence can kill a team also...I would like to see how chan deals with that...and yes that is the test of a good coach.

PTR

Mad Bomber
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Well with the game on the line turnovers would have killed that drive late in fourth...I thought run run run get a field-goal if you have to but do not launch it in the air...it worked out of course but it was dangerous. We need to run the ball more... when the cold weather comes we better have a handle on that run game. I was cringing evertime the ball left fitz hand in the fourth....plus It would have eaten clock and kept Brady off....not that I was right and they were wrong but on a few plays they had long yardage they ran up the gut and I am like are they trying to lose this game? It worked out but it was confusing. Are you talking about the slant to Freddy that almost went for a TD? Watch the tape...it was the safest play imaginable. When Mayo blitzed, Freddy slipped into the area he vacated, and Fitz hit him wide open. Freddy was watching Mayo at the snap, and as soon as he started toward Fitz, Freddy looked back at Fitz, who had also seen it and was looking for Freddy (the hot read). There wasn't anybody near him, and that play sealed the game. Thank God he didn't score on that play...

The Popcorn
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Look it up I have nothing to prove to a hater.

Not hating on you at all. Just messing with you. It's obvious that your thong is caught up a little too tight around both cracks.

acehole
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Not hating on you at all. Just messing with you. It's obvious that your thong is caught up a little too tight around both cracks.

Indeed sir bad day sorry.

acehole
09-26-2011, 04:23 PM
It was a patch before that...the two series before...I will watch the game again and tell you where I was scratching my head.

Are you talking about the slant to Freddy that almost went for a TD? Watch the tape...it was the safest play imaginable. When Mayo blitzed, Freddy slipped into the area he vacated, and Fitz hit him wide open. Freddy was watching Mayo at the snap, and as soon as he started toward Fitz, Freddy looked back at Fitz, who had also seen it and was looking for Freddy (the hot read). There wasn't anybody near him, and that play sealed the game. Thank God he didn't score on that play...

Beebe's Kid
09-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Read the program from Sunday... Fitzy's best moment, or something to that effect was beating Cincinnati last year. They are his former team, and he wants to win.

Play calling was ****ing incredible, minus couple 3rd and long screens, which I've never been a fan of. Complaining about play calling is on the level with insulting the announcers or the refs. It's easy, and all you have to say if the play didn't work was that you would have done something else... Instant Genius; just add *****ing.

FlyingDutchman
09-26-2011, 04:51 PM
No, but it will show truly how focused this team is to be able to pull out these two straight comeback victories and then hopefully beat the Bengals on the road.

agreed. Chan even said in his post game conference that the mental toughness is there, but they're not there yet. He said next test is to see how they deal with prosperity

acehole
09-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Wasnt *****ing btw....just some questionable stuff.....but I guess that is part of it...you cant be predictable either...it is only a bad play when it don't work...but flying that ball all over could have gone very bad on some of those drives....especially with the game on the line......guess I am not used to aggressive play calling.

Read the program from Sunday... Fitzy's best moment, or something to that effect was beating Cincinnati last year. They are his former team, and he wants to win.

Play calling was ****ing incredible, minus couple 3rd and long screens, which I've never been a fan of. Complaining about play calling is on the level with insulting the announcers or the refs. It's easy, and all you have to say if the play didn't work was that you would have done something else... Instant Genius; just add *****ing.

TheBrownBear
09-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Agree with what Ace is saying on some of the playcalling. There were a couple of series there when the score was 24-17 where we went three and out without committing to the run game at all. I thought it was a mistake at the time, because we were running the ball effectively and that would have helped keep Brady off the field for a few extra minutes. It's easy to overlook when you ultimately come out the victor, but it's worth a critical look in hindsight.

casdhf
09-26-2011, 06:01 PM
I think that Pats D stepped up against the run in the second half, I thought.

Goobylal
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
The play-calling was great, just the execution (in the first half) was off. As for the way they defended Brady, look for teams to copy that blueprint.

acehole
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
The play-calling was great, just the execution (in the first half) was off. As for the way they defended Brady, look for teams to copy that blueprint.

I agree with this we shreeded there Pass deffense with undrafted FA's and 7th round picks...