PDA

View Full Version : Bills need to pay some people and soon

DesertFox24
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
This offseason

Fitz - Big money
Freddy - Bills need to show the team and other players in the league that we will reward people who outperform their contract. This will go a long way to helping with other FA we want
Stevie - Nothing to say pay him Holmes money, he is more productive than holmes
Bell - Big money because of position
Parrish - this one will be iffy, chan loves the guy and we all do as well because of his special teams ability and he is great on bubble screens. Would not pay him big money but needs some
Urbik - We need to sign him to a 4 year deal
Rinehart - I have grown to like him depends on what he does filling in for Urbik but if he does what he did yesterday need to consider resigning him
Chandler - pay him top 10 TE money, we finally have one lets not lose himNext Offseason

Wood a little less than Mangold
Levitre needs to make minimum top 10 Guard money
McKelvin - great game yesterday need to see this season and next before he is resigned
Byrd needs to get done as well
People no on this list are Kellen Heard, Spencer Johnson, Morrison, Colin Brown, etc...

I really hope if this OL keeps playing the way they do that the Bills pay these guys and keep them. I also want Stevie, Fitz, Freddy, and Bryd resigned, those are the must. I could see the loser of Urbik Rinehart being let go, but would much rather we keep him because we need depth and would allow us to draft just one OT and then get some more defensive Line, OLB, and CBs

Saratoga Slim
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm not worried at all about Fitzy. He knows he's in the right situation and the Bills are clearly looking at him as the guy for the next 5 years or so. He won't touch free agency.

I'm a little more worried about Stevie, but I do think they'll get him done too, so long as he is reasonable and doesn't beg a prima donna Top-5 WR money move.

As for FJ...I think the Bills might be waiting until a little later in the season to decide how to handle Freddy. He's 30 and I think they'd like to wait and see a) whether Spiller wakes up and looks like he can take the reins, and b) if Freddy starts to break down with the wear and tear of featured back status over the course of a full season.

there's no doubt they want him back, and there's no doubt that he deserves the money. But I do understand if that situation drags out a bit. Extending someone after week 3 can sometimes comback to bite you. Remember Jauron and that 4-0 start?

Saratoga Slim
09-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Plus, the sheer number of big money contracts on your list above means treading carefully. You don't have to be a cheap team to drag your feet a little on shelling out the cash necessary to extend your QB, LT, #1 WR and RB all at once. That's going to be some major $$.

I think we see Fitzy soon, perhaps a few of the role players, then Stevie a little later in the year. I'm still not sure how things will go with Freddy. 30 is old for a RB, even if he doesn't have as many miles on him as some.

mysticsoto
09-26-2011, 08:49 AM
FJ is ranked #4 in the league and is averaging 101 yds/game!!!

He deserves to be paid!!!

ServoBillieves
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Fitz - Yes, and soon, but not BIG money...
Freddy - NOW, PAY THE MAN NOW! Top 5 RB in the league, keep him.
Stevie - Yes, and he'll get it done. I can agree with Holmes money.
Bell - A year ago I would've laughed at this, but he's proved he deserves to be at LT. Big money? No. Moderately high money? Yes.
Parrish - Anyone miss him? No? I'm OK with letting him go. Johnson Jones n' Nelson are good enough for me, and maybe Easley and Roosevelt can step up.
Urbik - I could go with a cheap 3 year deal, Rinehart did good yesterday so it's a coin flip between the two, if not keeping both.
Rinehart - Read above
Chandler - Top 10 TE money? He's proved he deserves to be on the field but I could let him see top 20 money, it's been 3 games...

Next year, yes, Wood an Levitre absolutely deserve looooong term contracts, whereas Byrd needs to step up his pass coverage to merit a decent contract. McLovin's status with the team all depends on Williams game and McGee's health.

I would keep Heard, I would keep Spencer, don't know who the other FA's are at the time being but it seems (it HAS seemed) like some key cogs on this entire team need to be re-signed ASAP before they continue to play out of their minds, as they have all season and last year.

Mahdi
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM
This offseason

Fitz - Big money
Freddy - Bills need to show the team and other players in the league that we will reward people who outperform their contract. This will go a long way to helping with other FA we want
Stevie - Nothing to say pay him Holmes money, he is more productive than holmes
Bell - Big money because of position
Parrish - this one will be iffy, chan loves the guy and we all do as well because of his special teams ability and he is great on bubble screens. Would not pay him big money but needs some
Rinehart - I have grown to like him depends on what he does filling in for Urbik but if he does what he did yesterday need to consider resigning him
Chandler - pay him top 10 TE money, we finally have one lets not lose himNext Offseason

Wood a little less than Mangold
Levitre needs to make minimum top 10 Guard money
McKelvin - great game yesterday need to see this season and next before he is resigned
Byrd needs to get done as well
People no on this list are Kellen Heard, Spencer Johnson, Morrison, Colin Brown, etc...

I really hope if this OL keeps playing the way they do that the Bills pay these guys and keep them. I also want Stevie, Fitz, Freddy, and Bryd resigned, those are the must. I could see the loser of Urbik Rinehart being let go, but would much rather we keep him because we need depth and would allow us to draft just one OT and then get some more defensive Line, OLB, and CBs
Can't pay Parrish because he is injured too often. We can find another player similar to Parrish in the draft.

Why would we pay Chandler top 10 TE money? He is no more than a redzone threat at the moment and if he does breakout this year he would still not have earned that kind of cash. 1.5 mil per season is more than enough if we want to secure Chandler. Kid is making peanuts right now.

Ebenezer
09-26-2011, 09:40 AM
some of those guys are under contract and some are RFAs and EFAs. Patience. RW will need to get to the cap floor at some point. There will be money to be handed around.

baalworship
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
I agree with giving Freddy a raise but I don't want him signed to a long term contract. Even without the wear and tear he is 30 years old. Bump him into 7 million a year range for the next 3.

psubills62
09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Guys, do we really need to make these kinds of threads 10 times every game?

We and OBD both realize these guys need to be getting some money. The fact that they've already started working on Johnson and Fitzpatrick gives plenty of reason for hope.

Three games does not necessarily give proof, but I think for now the front office has earned the benefit of the doubt.

RoscoeMagic
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM

I hope I speak for everyone when I say this needs elaboration. As does Chandler top 10 TE money. As does throwing money at Parrish since he can't stay on the field.

Everything else seems fair. Worry about this offseason first though, I think Rinehart should probably be resigned for backup money unless we can get an upgrade. And Bell big money? Well, it's three games. I like him, but relax, let's see him make it through the year.