PDA

View Full Version : Fitz's Fumble at the End of the Game

SabreEleven
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Did Fitz fumble on the NE goal line when the Bills were trying to kill the clock? The Patriots started celebrating like they won the Super Bowl but when they showed the replay it looked like he never put the ball on the ground. What happened there?

trapezeus
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
i think after he was down and wilfork slammed his head to the ground the ball moved a little. then out of frustration and being used to getting the calls they always want, they just went beserk to see if they could get the call or stem the momentum. but it didn't happen. the ball definitely moved but i thought i saw fitzs legs down when the ball moved.

it also didn't help their case that fitz still had the ball.

Extremebillsfan247
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Did Fitz fumble on the NE goal line when the Bills were trying to kill the clock? The Patriots started celebrating like they won the Super Bowl but when they showed the replay it looked like he never put the ball on the ground. What happened there?Wood didn't get the ball into Fitzpatricks hands, just dropped it. At least that is what it looked like to me. I could be wrong there. Wood was off his game a lot yesterday. I think Wilfork got in his head a little. It almost cost this team a loss.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2011, 11:11 AM
He never lost the ball, from what I could see. The refs blew the whistle right away too.

madness
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
It looked like he lost the ball but fell on top of it.... after both knees were down.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
It looked like he lost the ball but fell on top of it.... after both knees were down.

Yes Fitz dropped it but fell on it immediately. But you know he was not the strongest guy down in that pile ...

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2011, 11:31 AM
From what I saw, he put his knee on the ground, then fell over. He was down before the ball ever did anything.

ddaryl
09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
They were hoping for a pile scrum and winning the decision via the court of opinion by saying they had it. Old trick, but when Fitz got up there wasn't a single Patriot near him or the ball.

chernobylwraiths
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Once a QB goes to one knee, the play is dead.

And the fact that he got hit by a NE guy while getting up was completely BS. But I think the refs had reached their quota of personal fouls by then.

BertSquirtgum
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
There was a lot of unsportmen-like things going on by the patriots in the last 1:45 minutes of play.