• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Were the Pats getting predictable??

In real time, there seemed to be some trends to the Pats offense based on who was the RB.

1. Benjarvis Green-Ellis - when he was in the game the Pats spread the offense, were pass happy and when BJGE got the ball he was running off tackle.

2. Dan Woodhead - it seemed that the only time the Pats went into the no-huddle was when DW was in the game. Even then there seemed to be a cadence to the plays. On 1st down DW lined up in the backfield and ran the ball. On 2nd down he lined up in the slot as the Pats went five wide.

3. Stevan Ridley - The Pats leading rusher, Ridley lined up behind Brady and was primarily running the ball between the tackles.

OK, I am not a coach. I don't break down game film. I didn't see the game ov TV; I was at the stadium watching in real time but it just seemed as if NE had offenses scripted based on the RB. Anybody else catch this or am I overthinking?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Were the Pats getting predictable??

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    In real time, there seemed to be some trends to the Pats offense based on who was the RB.

1. Benjarvis Green-Ellis - when he was in the game the Pats spread the offense, were pass happy and when BJGE got the ball he was running off tackle.

2. Dan Woodhead - it seemed that the only time the Pats went into the no-huddle was when DW was in the game. Even then there seemed to be a cadence to the plays. On 1st down DW lined up in the backfield and ran the ball. On 2nd down he lined up in the slot as the Pats went five wide.

3. Stevan Ridley - The Pats leading rusher, Ridley lined up behind Brady and was primarily running the ball between the tackles.

OK, I am not a coach. I don't break down game film. I didn't see the game ov TV; I was at the stadium watching in real time but it just seemed as if NE had offenses scripted based on the RB. Anybody else catch this or am I overthinking?
    You may be right, but you are also overthinking.

Comment

• Mski
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ebenezer

i dont think your overthinking at all, their offense is incredibly predictable, let Brady throw the ball to Welker. seems everyone should know this, yet no one, including us have been able to stop that, we were just lucky enough to be the team who had the ball last.
      RIP Tommy D!
      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

The lack of TEs limited what they did, especially in the run game. The Pats are more variable in their 2 TE sets, but they couldn't use them like they did because Hernadez was gone and Dan Gronkowski got hurt.

In the end, they scored enough points. Offense wasn't their problem. I think being predictable on offense isn't an issue.

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
          In the end, they scored enough points. Offense wasn't their problem. I think being predictable on offense isn't an issue.
          like i said, it certainly wont be an issue, until someone figures out how to stop it.
          Its like the year Denver won the superbowl with Davis, everyone knew their offense was hand the ball off, hand the ball off, pass to shannon sharp, repeat. very predictable, but couldnt be stopped
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

couldn't have been that predictable, they pretty much scored anytime after we scored.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

It's predictable as hell but it's not like we could stop the two players we knew were getting the ball everytime anyways.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
              X