• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone Exclusive: OpIv: Post game rant

So, since I am now without DirecTV, I attempted to watch the game using the PS3 Sunday Ticket app for the first time. The took forever to load, then it was slow and it kept cutting out to buffer. I missed several key plays on NE's first touchdown drive, which was kept alive by a stupid Buffalo penalty

Technology was failing me and the Bills were shooting themselves in the foot and appeared headed towards another epic defeat at the hands of Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck. As the Bills fell behind 21-0, it looked as if I was headed towards a very frustrating afternoon. There was no way in hell we were going to come back and get the win for the 2nd straight week.

Then, something happened. The PS3 app settled down and it was just like streaming a Netflix movie. And the Bills didn't roll over and die. They showed an unbelievable amount of resolve and toughness. And they made a game out of it. I thought "well, they're not going to get the win, but at least they're tough enough to come back and challenge."

Then, something else happened. Something that's never happened before. The Bills got in Tom Brady's head WITHOUT hitting him. He started making mistakes. Stupid, amateur, JP Losman/Trent Edwards/Rob Johnson type mistakes. And the Bills made them PAY.

I kept waiting for the soul-crushing collapse. That epic last-minute failure like the Music City Mirage or the MNF collapse against Dallas in '07 or the '08 opener against NE. But it didn't come. This team is just too mentally tough, despite the lack of experience and the unheralded way that many of these guys made it to the NFL.

Full article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Zone Exclusive: OpIv: Post game rant

Don't understand what you saw in Aaron Williams yesterday. Got a long ways to go from my look of it with his assignments making plenty of plays including Gronkowski's easiest route of the afternoon.

But great callout to Levitre. He's my early favorite to make the Pro Bowl this year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Yea I was also confused how you could fairly have issue with McKelvin for some of his misses, but not knock for Williams in what was probably his worst game as a pro so far? He got smoked by Welker repeatedly.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Yea I was also confused how you could fairly have issue with McKelvin for some of his misses, but not knock for Williams in what was probably his worst game as a pro so far? He got smoked by Welker repeatedly.
        I was shocked that they kept leaving him on Welker. Ochostinko was running **** routes, he could have covered him .

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Probably should have been more specific on Williams.

No one on our team can cover Welker, and while Williams did struggle today, I still think he'll become a good pro. And he was on the field instead of the bench for a reason. If he misses any time, the secondary certainly won't get any better because of it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
            I was shocked that they kept leaving him on Welker. Ochostinko was running **** routes, he could have covered him .
            What better to give the kid some real time experience and use that as a teachable moment.

Now they can go back and break down the game tape so he can make adjustments and learn from his mistakes.

It was his position, his man.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I disagree with your assessment on Wilson. Brady was placing those balls perfectly, Gronkowski's was just using his size on GW. There wasn't much he could do IMO>
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

I want to know how Welker doesn't break every NFL receiving record. He can't be covered by anyone. He's almost always open. When he's not open, he's so small and fast that he gets lost behind defenders, and finds ways to get open. He's unbelievable.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

I can't bring myself to be too concerned with a CB who struggles in year 1 - very, very few of them don't. If he's struggling next year too...then I'll be worried.

Still not sure why he was on Welker to begin with - although I'm not sure any of our CB's would have been able to cover him. I just think A. Williams would be better on the outside.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    I want to know how Welker doesn't break every NFL receiving record. He can't be covered by anyone. He's almost always open. When he's not open, he's so small and fast that he gets lost behind defenders, and finds ways to get open. He's unbelievable.
                    uggh that's annoying.

There were way too many plays where Welker lined up on one side of the field and would end up making the catch on the complete opposite side of the field, and I'd have to watch the replays to see how he kept running through the middle of our D without anyone picking him up. It seemed to be a combination of him outrunning LB's in the zone and just getting lost in the shuffle on crossing routes.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

He always KILLS the Bills.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
                        My IQ Test results came back negative
                        • Oct 2002

Just because merriaman didnt have a sack doesnt meant he didnt play well.. I think he did a phenomenal job of containing the outside and forcing the RB to go up the middle agasint our 2 big men. Most of the time it was our 4 DL vs there 5 OL and a TE sometimes, We lack pass rush as it is nevermind 4vs5.

Comment

Working...
                        X