• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Sports Nation

This is by far the worst show on ESPN. I never really watch it because its just a stupid guy who things hes funny and a hot chick whos only on there because shes hot.

I watched it today though as I was eating and WOW, Is he a pats homer or what. Two segments about the bills.

First one "are the bills for real or did pats have an off game"

He replied pretty much calling the bills a bunch of little girls. He said there story is cute and all but the pats will when the division the bills will finish 7-9 and there little fantasy of making the playoffs is out of reach. SN voted 65% in favor of the bills obviously.

Next was "luckier touchdown houstons crazy grab or dareus tip and florence TD.?"

He goes well if Brady throws a touchdown its either the receivers fault or luck. Then said the ball luckily got batted up and they just happened to be there to grab it.

How the hell is a great play like that by dareus doing whats he taught and get his hands up, then the ball tips up decently high in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD why would it not be caught? theres 10 other guys on the field someone is going to be standing close to the middle nevermind having 3-4 seconds to get under it. what an idiot remark that was wow thats why i hate that show!
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Sports Nation

Cowherd can be good at times but he seems to favor the bigger names. He's strictly for entertainment purposes only. Not info

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Michelle Beadle is the modern day "Mary Ann" and therefore the only reason I don't immediately turn the channel when Sports Nation is on...as Cowherd is as bad as Skip Bayless, both always playing up the contrarian point of view even when that point of view is completely asinine.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

wait a minute, Mary Ann from Gilligans Island?
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mad Max
          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
          • Mar 2003

Yes that Mary Ann.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

lol. who references her when it comes to hot women. yeah, she's totally hot, but from the 60's and only about 18% of this board would even know that reference.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• HughC
              • Mar 2008

It's not a case of these guys hating this team or loving that team. They take an extreme opinion in an attempt to get people to talk about them, which generates more web hits, viewers, or listeners, which generates ad revenue. Same formula is used on all bspn shows, most sports talk radio, and many websites. And since you're talking about it here, it looks like that formula works.

Their only interest is money, not any certain teams.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                lol. who references her when it comes to hot women. yeah, she's totally hot, but from the 60's and only about 18% of this board would even know that reference.
                I get the reference so what does that say about me? Oh yeah, I'm an older fart too. And yes she is today's Mary Ann.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by imbondz
                  Apparently I do.

The reason I referenced her is because she's not hot in the traditional sense just like Beadle, but still very alluring in a girl next door sort of way. Mary Ann is the most famous girl next door of all time.

Notice how confused you were at the use of the reference yet you still RECOGNIZED the reference.
                  Last edited by Mad Max; 09-26-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

ya i love that chick on sports nation, shes hot but idk she actually works well with cowherd

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

ESPN's located in Pats territory (Connecticut), what do you expect?

Comment

• Zero
                        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
                        This is by far the worst show on ESPN. I never really watch it because its just a stupid guy who things hes funny and a hot chick whos only on there because shes hot.

I watched it today though as I was eating and WOW, Is he a pats homer or what. Two segments about the bills.

First one "are the bills for real or did pats have an off game"

He replied pretty much calling the bills a bunch of little girls. He said there story is cute and all but the pats will when the division the bills will finish 7-9 and there little fantasy of making the playoffs is out of reach. SN voted 65% in favor of the bills obviously.

Next was "luckier touchdown houstons crazy grab or dareus tip and florence TD.?"

He goes well if Brady throws a touchdown its either the receivers fault or luck. Then said the ball luckily got batted up and they just happened to be there to grab it.

How the hell is a great play like that by dareus doing whats he taught and get his hands up, then the ball tips up decently high in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD why would it not be caught? theres 10 other guys on the field someone is going to be standing close to the middle nevermind having 3-4 seconds to get under it. what an idiot remark that was wow thats why i hate that show!
                        I wouldn't care too much about about what Cowherd says. The dude rarely says anything insightful and loves to point out the blatantly obvious and then act like he's the smartest man in the room. His sports acumen is about as strong as your typical casual sports fan. He's just an entertainer...

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jmtejada
                          I wouldn't care too much about about what Cowherd says. The dude rarely says anything insightful and loves to point out the blatantly obvious and then act like he's the smartest man in the room. His sports acumen is about as strong as your typical casual sports fan. He's just an entertainer...
                          The only time that donkey can be the smartest man in the room is when he's alone...and even then it'll be debateable.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mad Max
                            Michelle Beadle is the modern day "Mary Ann" and therefore the only reason I don't immediately turn the channel when Sports Nation is on...as Cowherd is as bad as Skip Bayless, both always playing up the contrarian point of view even when that point of view is completely asinine.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1292823711
                            I love Michelle Beadle. She is not only Mary Ann, but she is a FUNNY Mary Ann.

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days
                              I love Michelle Beadle. She is not only Mary Ann, but she is a FUNNY Mary Ann.
                              Right, plus as a bonus she keeps the donkey in check...quite often clowning him in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X