Was anyone else worried until the FG went through the uprights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Was anyone else worried until the FG went through the uprights?

I was so happy to see Jackson get tackled. I was screaming for him to fall down so we could run the clock out and kick a FG. Had NE got the ball back with almost 2 minutes to go they most likely would've tied it up and sent the game to OT.

Was anyone else still worried about us doing something to screw it up until we kicked the FG? You can tell we are not used to kneeling on the ball to end the game. That was one thing our line and Fitzpatrick needs work at. They are not used to being in that situation.

I was still worried until the ball went through the uprights that something freakish would happen and we would blow it. What a relief to get this monkey off our back and finally beat the Patriots again.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Was anyone else worried until the FG went through the uprights?

Anyone who wasn't worried hasn't been a Bills fan for very long.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Part of the problem they have trouble with it is because Fitzpatrick was trying to take a knee without losing much yardage. So he was doing it as close to the line as possible and holding onto the ball tightly. Plus Vince Wilfork is a cheap shot ******* who just wanted to keep hitting Fitz. That was really pissing me off!

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

If you watch it again, it's actually Levitre who got cheapshotted for the penalty. Bumbling announcers couldn't tell WHAT was going on. Wilfolk put his paw on the underside of his helmet in the pile and pushed it sideways as far as he could.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by cocamide
          Anyone who wasn't worried hasn't been a Bills fan for very long.
          I dreadfully fear game winning FG's.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Hell yes. Wouldn't be the first time we had the ball on the one, something freakish happens and the other team returns the miscue for a TD going the other way.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

even AFTER the field goal I was waiting for something bad to happen.... a late penalty or some crazy thing to ruin it all
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
                even AFTER the field goal I was waiting for something bad to happen.... a late penalty or some crazy thing to ruin it all
                Haha, there might be a few of us STILL waiting for some ref BS to go down.

Comment

• BigZ
                  • Sep 2003

Anyone who has followed the Bills for the last decade couldn't even LOOK at the field goal attempt, let alone feel a little nervous!

Comment

• Beebe
                    • Aug 2011

I was so scared

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

yes.

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                      I was so happy to see Jackson get tackled. I was screaming for him to fall down so we could run the clock out and kick a FG. Had NE got the ball back with almost 2 minutes to go they most likely would've tied it up and sent the game to OT.

Was anyone else still worried about us doing something to screw it up until we kicked the FG? You can tell we are not used to kneeling on the ball to end the game. That was one thing our line and Fitzpatrick needs work at. They are not used to being in that situation.

I was still worried until the ball went through the uprights that something freakish would happen and we would blow it. What a relief to get this monkey off our back and finally beat the Patriots again.
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

NO. I'm feeling more and more confident in these guys with every passing week.

Winning is an attitude, and these guys got it. They got the "swag" that I've been pining for in a Buffalo Bills team for a long time.

I knew that thing was going in, no doubt about it.

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix have exorcised the ghosts of Skeletor and Donahoe.

We are trending upwards FINALLY instead of treading water.

I finally have faith in my team to match the love that I've always had.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

I had it on the radio on my way back from PA towards home in Charlotte. Lost it in WV and just kind of gave up after having no reception and the Bills down 21. Kept checking NFL.com's mobile site for scores, kept going, scared the hell out of my gf as she was driving for the second leg of the trip, then I realized "Wow, I have 'I heart radio' and can listen"

Lost again when Fitzy was taking a knee, then when it finally came back, I heard we were trying a field goal.

I turned to her, said "wow, he'll miss it. He's good, but he'll miss it."

He didn't, and I lost my damn mind as we crossed over in to Virginia.

BOOYAH!
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Between Haynesworth and Wilfork, New England has a monopoly on pieces of **** on the DL.
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

At least I wasn't the only one who was still worried there was a chance we could screw it up.

You can tell Fitzpatrick and our team isn't used to taking a knee to end the game. I think that was the worse set of knee-downs I have ever seen in my life lol. At least it worked out. Hopefully there are more of them to come. I was so pumped up and nervous by the time the game was over I needed a valium.
                              Last edited by BillsFever21; 09-26-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X