The best thing for the Bills was the Lee Evans trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwharter
    • Feb 2004

The best thing for the Bills was the Lee Evans trade.

I believe the best thing for the Bills was the Lee Evans trade because he was only a deep threat receiver. He was not a short pass receiver, if he were here I do not believe we are 3-0. I just somehow believe even though he was a great receiver and great in the locker room and all, I just don't see the Bills doing what they have been doing the last 2 weeks with him because instead of going for the shorter passes they would have gone for long passes along the sideline which was the route that Lee ran all the time. I just think the receiving corps we have now is the best we've had since the Super Bowl era.
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: The best thing for the Bills was the Lee Evans trade.

Yeah I dunno about all that
    Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 09-26-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

so far you cant argue with the results. loved lee but theres no way you can say hes been missed. right now buddy looks like he stole a fourth rounder
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

He's been injured all season so far so it wouldn't have mattered up till now but I get what you are saying. He was a one trick pony but a deep threat never hurts to spread the defense back some and to tie up a safety.

I agree our group of WR's are playing great right now especially for a group of 7th rounders, castoffs and undrafted rookie FA's. I attribute a lot of that to great play design and system along with a smart QB who knows where to throw the ball to. I'll take a QB with brains and a decent arm over a QB with just a great arm anyday. Fitzpatrick also has guts which you can't teach.

In the end I would still rather have a healthy Evans on the field giving us that deep threat over Ruvell Martin or Rosevellt. Especially Martin. That guys is just plain bad.
        Last edited by BillsFever21; 09-26-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• kwharter
          • Feb 2004

I am just saying because we do not have that deep threat anymore and no superstar defenses are having trouble figuring out who they should block.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Steve Johnson is a deep threat. Donald Jones proved to be a deep threat yesterday.
            You don't need speed to be a deep threat.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

u don't need a deep threat when you score 40 pts a game

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Like I said before, It appears Lee was fast but couldn't read defenses and adjust his route.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• kwharter
                  • Feb 2004

Yes they are deep threats but that is not the only route that they run. I never saw Lee go over the middle. I think that the Bills are executing everything a lot better because there is more of a choice for receiver threat.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

would have been a great trade if we got more than a 3rd.

Does having Ruvell Martin make us better than having lee? no.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

There have been many good things for the Bills in their turnaround, but it is absolutely ridiculous to think dumping Lee Evans was one of them, let alone the "best."

I'd rather have him than Ruvell Martin or Naaman Roosevelt, if only for depth, as well as the occasional deep threat. We haven't missed him in the first 3 games, but it's still a very long season.

We should wait to see what we get for him with the fourth round pick to determine whether this was a good move.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I swear, the next thing I hear will be that Lee was the only thing holding us back from winning Super Bowls over the last several years.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

I dont see how taking away a piece of our offense equates to winning more games. He wasnt a big pass dropper, so he didnt effect us negatively.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Johnson is the ultimate quick-slant WR, I love it. Have missed this since Andre Reed (though Moulds was good at it too).

I'm so jealous at the Packers possession WRs like Driver and Jennings, nice to have a guy that can do it too.

About our WR corps in general, I think we could use a 4th WR. Jackson could be it, but we're counting on him to be our house in the running game. Smith had a bad drop, and Martin more than once. I'm hoping they do in fact use Spiller more there or Roosevelt steps up into that role because Nelson/Jones/Johnson could use just a little more help.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

He was a liability because because he took playing time away from receivers who were better suited to the offense, like Donald Jones.
                              Having the right skills is critical for the offense. Fitz's completion percentage is up seven points from last year, and at least part of the reason for that is he now has receivers who can get open on more than one route.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X