X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Lewis says Bengals' turnaround will begin this week vs. Bills

"We're early in the year. We've got a lot of season ahead of us," Lewis said, according to The Associated Press. "And you know, at the end of the week when we're 2-2, there's going to be probably the other third of the league in the same situation."

3,000,000th post on BZ!

• RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Lewis says Bengals' turnaround will begin this week vs. Bills

Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

I have a feeling this coming Sunday is when our Pass Rush is going to make an appearance.

I pity Andy Dalton.

Comment

• BLeonard
        BoB Sabermetrician
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
        ...And, you know what? Had Chan Gailey said the same thing last week about the Patriots, the Pats fans would probably be laughing too...

This is a classic trap game for the Bills. Huge come from behind win against a division rival, now has to go on the road and play what looks to be an inferior team.

Don't take this one for granted.

Fun fact: When the Bills beat New England, they ended the longest winning streak that one NFL team had over another... Guess who holds the record now?

Answer: The Bills, against the Bengals... 10 games.

Cincinnati might play like they're due to break that streak... Don't overlook them.

-Bill
        Last edited by BLeonard; 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BLeonard

Fun fact: When the Bills beat New England, they ended the longest winning streak that one NFL team had over another... Guess who holds the record now?

Cincinnati might play like they're due to break that streak... Don't overlook them.

-Bill
          ha. that is awesome
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Let's extend that streak. And here's to hoping we don't have to play them again next year...which would probably mean we finished last again.

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

I'm worried about this game. Has trap game written all over it for me. Coming off a big win, emotions are high. I hope Chan and crew can settle everyone down and focus on the next task.
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I agree with BLeonard- classic trap game.

And, we have some flaws- most notably, the secondary and the pass rush.

The Bills are putting up a lot of points, but they're also slow. We can't take anyone for granted.

This is an important game- it would be great to go into the bye with 4 conference wins and no worse than a 4-2 record.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

...And, you know what? Had Chan Gailey said the same thing last week about the Patriots, the Pats fans would probably be laughing too...

This is a classic trap game for the Bills. Huge come from behind win against a division rival, now has to go on the road and play what looks to be an inferior team.

Don't take this one for granted.

-Bill
                  You're right, this is the NFL "any given Sunday" is probably the truest idiom in football.

Having said that, I highly doubt the actual team would be naive enough to overlook anyone. They haven't won anywhere near enough to get complacent. If anyone of them started to read their press clippings...I'm sure Gailey would snap them into reality.

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    This is an important game- it would be great to go into the bye with 4 conference wins and no worse than a 4-2 record.
                    The fact we're beating AFC teams is huge for tie-breaking purposes at the end of the season. This is our biggest game until the Jet's game in week 9.
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

-Bill
                      I agree .

51-3 bills
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Bills don't yet understand the concepts behind a "trap" game. Bengals are better than last year (see their win against the CLE) but if we execute, this should be a winnable game. 24-14 Bills

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

This is a must win game given the schedule. And Lewis really couldn't have given better locker room fodder for the Bills.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

The Bills shouldn't have much problem with Cinci, but we have to execute. We played out of our minds our first road game of the season, hopefully this one is the same.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Oaf
                              Bills don't yet understand the concepts behind a "trap" game. Bengals are better than last year (see their win against the CLE) but if we execute, this should be a winnable game. 24-14 Bills

Dalton didn't look good in that game and the Bengals won because the Browns knocked Dalton out. That and a huge coverage breakdown that allowed AJ Green to go down the sideline uncovered for the game winning TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X