• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

The Totally Scientific Power Rankings Week 3

Ladies and gentlemen, the Totally Scientific Power Rankings are up for this week.

The Bills aren't at number one, but that's a good thing as everyone that ends up at number one loses the following week.

Follow the link and all will be revealed!
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: The Totally Scientific Power Rankings Week 3

I don't want to be the one to say this but I'm going to anyway. I think Detroit should be number 2, and Buffalo 3. If these 2 teams had to play this coming Sunday, I'd have a tough time picking the Bills to win that one, and I picked the Bills to beat New England. Just saying. The Lions are a really good football team right now. If Stafford stays healthy, they are going to the playoffs this year.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

The Bucs @ #17 & the Titans @ #10. Science sucks.

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by better days
        The Bucs @ #17 & the Titans @ #10. Science sucks.
        Titans took the Ravens apart, and Baltimore has laid the smack down in it's other two games.

Agreed that something wierd has happened with the Bucs though.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I honestly don't think Denver has a ghost of a chance versus Green Bay this week, so they ought to stay at #1. I don't think this is the season that anybody makes it all the way to the Super Bowl without losing, however. Buffalo is going to lose, and so whil Detroit and Green Bay. Buffalo has had an amazing beginning to their season, but they do have some weaknesses, and I could not argue that they should be #1, nor do I think that being undefeated at this point in the season necessarily warrants being ranked ahead of every team that is not undefeated. I amnot attempting a power ranking myself, but I would not complain about any power ranking that didn't rank the Bills somewhere less than 7. below 7 is starting to show some anti-Bills bias.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dujek
            Titans took the Ravens apart, and Baltimore has laid the smack down in it's other two games.

Agreed that something wierd has happened with the Bucs though.
            The Titans lost to a mediocre Jags team, & barely beat a mediocre Broncos team. The Ravens game was an anomaly, those do occur in science.

The Bucs barely lost to an undefeated Lions team, & beat the Vikings & Falcons. The Bucs should be #10 & the Titans #17.

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

The main thing that's making the difference is the net yards though.

Tampa Bay is averaging 69.7 yards a game LESS than their opponents, while Tennessee is averaging 91.3 yards per game MORE than theirs.

Also the Titans are +2 in turnover differential, while the Buccaneers are at 0.

These small things all add up to place the Titans above the Buccaneers. And while there are 7 places between them, there are very few actual points between them when the formula shakes out.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dujek
                The main thing that's making the difference is the net yards though.

Tampa Bay is averaging 69.7 yards a game LESS than their opponents, while Tennessee is averaging 91.3 yards per game MORE than theirs.

Also the Titans are +2 in turnover differential, while the Buccaneers are at 0.

These small things all add up to place the Titans above the Buccaneers. And while there are 7 places between them, there are very few actual points between them when the formula shakes out.
                Well, The Bucs played BETTER Teams. Aside from the Ravens, the Titans played a couple Mediocre teams. And as I said the Ravens game was an anomoly which you will see next Sunday. The Titans play Cleveland, another Mediocre team, but I would not be surprised to see them lose because the game is in Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                X