PDA

View Full Version : They read this board?

acehole
09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article572341.ece

"We mixed it up a little bit, hardly any blitzes at all," Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams said. "They're really savvy in what they do protection-wise. The center will back up and turn and try to clear out the middle. While you're engaged in a rush he'll try to pick you off so Tom can step up. That was one thing we talked about during the week, condensing the pocket, getting push up in his face, so he couldn't really step up and move around the way he likes to. We were able to do that in spots. On a couple of the picks we were able to get there in his face."

ddaryl
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article572341.ece

That was one thing we talked about during the week, condensing the pocket, getting push up in his face, so he couldn't really step up and move around the way he likes to. We were able to do that in spots. On a couple of the picks we were able to get there in his face."

this part is what I've been saying to the those questioning our pass rush.. Our DL is big and powerful but not super quick .. So we contain the pocket and push it inward on Brady.... Merriman came close a few times, but there is also no denying the Patriots have a great OL as well..

It was a solid game plan and a great use of the type of players we have on our DL. They didn't rush themselves up-field and out of the play they just tried to shrink Brady's comfort area and push the pocket inward

psubills62
09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
What I don't understand is why people say we would have been down 28-7 if Scott hadn't gotten that pick. Woodhead was 2 yards short of the first down marker, and that pass was on third down. Granted, Belichick is crazy, but there's ZERO reason to go for it in that circumstance. He's up 21-7. If the Bills stop him, not only does he get no points in the red zone, the Bills would still have time to get points and get a big momentum swing.

He would have kicked the field goal...we would have been down 24-7, not 28-7.

trapezeus
09-27-2011, 10:31 AM
the DL didn't get a sack and hasn't provided panic-ing pressure for the QB's, but the thing is that they are still really good against the run. and teams so far have tried and failed and then abandoned completely. which allows more LB's to slide into coverage. That in turn means that there is mroe to process and more time the QB is sitting in the pocket.

i honestly think if we can get troup back healthy, the line play will look night and day different. the rotation will be killer.

justasportsfan
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
i honestly think if we can get troup back healthy, the line play will look night and day different. the rotation will be killer.
:up:

acehole
09-27-2011, 03:19 PM
When is Troup coming back?

the DL didn't get a sack and hasn't provided panic-ing pressure for the QB's, but the thing is that they are still really good against the run. and teams so far have tried and failed and then abandoned completely. which allows more LB's to slide into coverage. That in turn means that there is mroe to process and more time the QB is sitting in the pocket.

Beebe's Kid
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I think the same thing about Troup. I think he is playing this week.

Our rotation puts Heard on the field too much, and it seems like every time we get him on the field too much, we give up points.

I am hoping that this week will be big for the pass rush.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
this part is what I've been saying to the those questioning our pass rush.. Our DL is big and powerful but not super quick .. So we contain the pocket and push it inward on Brady.... Merriman came close a few times, but there is also no denying the Patriots have a great OL as well..

It was a solid game plan and a great use of the type of players we have on our DL. They didn't rush themselves up-field and out of the play they just tried to shrink Brady's comfort area and push the pocket inward
I agree. The pocket was consistently collapsing. On his last TD to Welker, he went down immediately after throwing the ball.

We didn't see as much of him bouncing up and down with 5 yards of clearance as we have in the past.