• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Power rankings

ESPN has us 6th. We've beaten the Pats (3), Raiders (13), and Chiefs (32). So we've moved up from 30th to 6th in just a short 3 weeks.

Of course, the Lions are 3rd, though they've beaten the 14th, 28th and 32nd ranked teams. Two of the teams we've beaten are ranked higher than their best win, yet we're 3 spots lower. Sometimes...you just wonder what people are thinking.

View the 2024 NFL power index on ESPN. The FPI is the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season.

CBS has us at #3, with Packers and Lions at 1 and 2 respectively.

"Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Power rankings

I could care less about the rating.. The more disrespect we have the happier I am with THIS team....

Comment

• dog14787
      • Oct 2010

The Bills would be the Top seed in the AFC If the playoffs started now, averaging a league high 37 points a game . Home field advantage throughout, If Buffalo defeats the Bungles we will still be the top seed a quarter of the way through the season.

I love it ...

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

This fan bases fascination with being treated "unfairly" is one of the things Ill never understand.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          This fan bases fascination with being treated "unfairly" is one of the things Ill never understand.
          Personally, I don't want the attention. Let people keep calling the Bills crappy, and over-looking them. I don't want any media attention brought to the team that can cause distractions. Let them continue to be the unknown underdogs, and make them earn respect by making the playoffs.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            Personally, I don't want the attention. Let people keep calling the Bills crappy, and over-looking them. I don't want any media attention brought to the team that can cause distractions. Let them continue to be the unknown underdogs, and make them earn respect by making the playoffs.
            I just don't understand how a set of literally meaningless numbers can get some people so worked up.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• northernbillfan
              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

As long we allow teams to score 21 and 14 unanswered points, we will remain below the top five.
              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

I just don't understand how a set of literally meaningless numbers can get some people so worked up.

Exactly. It's not the BCS.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Exactly. It's not the BCS.
                  Don't get me started on that ******ed system.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Does it sound like I'm worked up?

My primary issue with things like power rankings relates directly to my inability to comprehend instances when people show absolutely inane and illogical thinking. And even then, with regards to "caring" it's on the level of me wanting to correct spelling.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                      As long we allow teams to score 21 and 14 unanswered points, we will remain below the top five.
                      I was thinking similar thoughts, that Buffalo's defense is being regarded as suspect, and they need to tighten up to show they are a complete team.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                        • Jul 2002

The only thing I like about it is that I get to see a lot more highlights on TV. It's fun to watch our big plays over and over and over and over....

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

After 3 games, calling us the 3rd or 6th best team is ludicrous. It's too small a sample (statistically speaking) to make a judgment just yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about our performance to date, but that's just too soon. The Bills need to show consistency in winning. We can't expect to fall behind double digits and consistently come back. I have concerns about our defense.

If (am I allowed to use that word, or am I being presumptuous?) the Bills revert to their old ways by getting our hopes up and then kicking us in the nads, then our "power rankings" will take a nose dive (since that's negative, then I guess it's OK for me to use "if" - many of you will know what I'm referring to).

Anyway, I'm just enjoying the ride right now. I like the attitude this team has, based on the players' and Chan's comments following the Pats* victory. This team is on the first steps to building a winning culture. First step...learn to win the games you used to lose. Second step...learn to "deal with prosperity" (per Chan) and win the games you should - don't get full of yourselves. Third step...just win, baby!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

It's people's opinions. Everyone has one, it doesn't mean they're meaningless. Heck, by that logic, the entire premise of this board is meaningless. Don't get too worked up about it. Ranking things is only natural.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                              After 3 games, calling us the 3rd or 6th best team is ludicrous. It's too small a sample (statistically speaking) to make a judgment just yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled about our performance to date, but that's just too soon. The Bills need to show consistency in winning. We can't expect to fall behind double digits and consistently come back. I have concerns about our defense.

If (am I allowed to use that word, or am I being presumptuous?) the Bills revert to their old ways by getting our hopes up and then kicking us in the nads, then our "power rankings" will take a nose dive (since that's negative, then I guess it's OK for me to use "if" - many of you will know what I'm referring to).

Anyway, I'm just enjoying the ride right now. I like the attitude this team has, based on the players' and Chan's comments following the Pats* victory. This team is on the first steps to building a winning culture. First step...learn to win the games you used to lose. Second step...learn to "deal with prosperity" (per Chan) and win the games you should - don't get full of yourselves. Third step...just win, baby!
                              but then it's too small a sample for every team. we've earned respect around the league, and that respect i'm sure spills into the locker room. i love it
                              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                              X