• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Still no respect

I know it's only a small portion of a long season, but I still see signs of lack of respect for the team.

Sportscasters saying, "Maybe the Mayans were right, the world is ending soon."

Texts from friends saying, "Enjoy it while it lasts." or "Don't worry, the real Buffalo will show up soon."

Sports radio talk show hosts, "I can't believe what's happening in Buffalo. Is this for real?"

Do you think Detroit fans are putting up with this crap too?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Still no respect

**** em, I don't want respect. I hope we get disrepected all the way to the playoffs. This team seems to have a chip on it's shoulder, I want it to stay there.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      I know it's only a small portion of a long season, but I still see signs of lack of respect for the team.

Texts from friends saying, "Enjoy it while it lasts." or "Don't worry, the real Buffalo will show up soon."

Sports radio talk show hosts, "I can't believe what's happening in Buffalo. Is this for real?"

Respect is earned over time and success, neither of which we have shown consistently.

Wait till seasons end before we start looking for this.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I live close to Detroit, and they are much like Bills fans. A lot of them are going over board and saying they'll win the division, and a lot of them are still expecting the usual Lions collapse.
        There are a few that remain optimistic, but not overly, and realize that it's a long way to go.
        The media here loves the Lions, and really aren't hating on them. Detroit sports fans are unlike any other fans in the world.

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

I heard one talking head mention our 5-1 start... only to melt down. So, I really don't expect the majority of people to really start taking Buffalo seriously until after our Bye. Which is fine with me, as long as they show our highlights.
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I think nbf is right...as is DB. While respect is earned over time, it doesn't seem the Lions are putting up with this stuff. Mainly because respect is also earned if you're the object of preconceived notions that finally manage to become true. It's simply because people have been predicting Detroit's resurgence for a couple years now. Since it's happening, it's as if it was expected, thus they get the respect they've earned.

Us on the other hand? Since it wasn't expected, we still need to "prove ourselves." Even though the teams we've beaten are overall a better group than what Detroit has beaten...
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

No doubt Detroit fans are putting up with this too. I did hear Marshall Faulk admit he was wrong about the Bills which is a HUGE amount of respect coming from him.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                I live close to Detroit, and they are much like Bills fans.

Detroit sports fans are unlike any other fans in the world.

Last edited by Oaf; 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• G Wolly
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Respect is earned over time and success, neither of which we have shown consistently.

Wait till seasons end before we start looking for this.
                  This.

My friend was *****ing to me about us getting no credit for blowing out KC in Week 1.

I told him a similar thing. We've won 3 games in a row. Given the Pats win is one of the hugest in some time, but we're gonna have to do more than this, and keep doing it consistently before we become league-relevant again, instead of the lower level pee-ons.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Hate to say it but this team is poised to make a run for it all in 2012.... Unfortunately the world is scheduled to end on 12-21-2012.

Maybe we can get the world to push back that Schedule to February 10 or so 2012... That would work for me.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I know it will take a while before the team gains media respect. I was hoping for some from friends. Maybe a comment or two like "Wow, you've waited a long time to see a team that looks good. It must feel good."

Of course if I had a question or comment like that, I'd say, they will let me down soon enough, because that's what I'm used to.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

I know it will take a while before the team gains media respect. I was hoping for some from friends. Maybe a comment or two like "Wow, you've waited a long time to see a team that looks good. It must feel good."

Of course if I had a question or comment like that, I'd say, they will let me down soon enough, because that's what I'm used to.
                        As I told the Giants fan at the bar on Sunday before kickoff as he prayed over his meal "Throw one in for the Bills to, they are gonna need it".
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          As I told the Giants fan at the bar on Sunday before kickoff as he prayed over his meal "Throw one in for the Bills to, they are gonna need it".
                          I'm surprised to hear that, I didn't think you were a believer.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days
                            I'm surprised to hear that, I didn't think you were a believer.
                            He's not...but he may have converted after the Bills and Giants both won
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Who cares about some lip service respect? I want W's. The rest will come.

Comment

Working...
                              X