PDA

View Full Version : Bills' statistics so far are eye-catching

madness
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Do not adjust your computer monitor or check your eyeglasses, Bills fans.
The numbers you are about to read are real. Through the first three weeks of the season, the Buffalo Bills are the highest-scoring team in the NFL, with 113 points (37.7 per game). They're averaging 431 yards per game, which is third in the league.

"We've gotten off to a great start, no doubt," Bills running back Fred Jackson said, before adding the caveat that's become mantra in the Bills locker room. "We have a lot of work that we can still look at and see where we can improve as an offense even with the stats we're putting up now. There are a lot of plays that we look at on film that can still be made by us.

"There's still a lot of games to be played and a lot of work," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. "There's a lot of stuff we can correct from this last game. The goal is to get better every week and we need to continue to do that."

"They deserve it," center Eric Wood said of the national attention paid to Fitzpatrick, Jackson and receiver Stevie Johnson. "They're playmakers, and playmakers in this league get a lot of publicity."

Wood said it could be viewed as a sign of respect, but pointed out that the Bills were big underdogs heading into Sunday's game with New England.
"I'm sure people are making tons of excuses [Monday] for the Patriots losing that game, and that's fine," Wood said. "We don't want you [the media] to pump us up. We don't need people pumping us up. We've got a good, solid group of guys, good leadership that will keep us going in the right direction."

As he was finishing an interview, the rest of the offensive line came up behind Wood to pull him away. He was late to a meeting.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article572347.ece

Ebenezer
09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Meetings are more important than talking to the press??? AWESOME!!

BAM
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I swear I see something that makes me like this team and its players more and more every day.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
To a man, their attitude is "we have a lot of work to do". That speaks volumes about the attitude this coaching staff is instilling in this team. They didn't seem giddy about this win; they seemed to have a more businesslike approach to the rest of the season. That is what you need to become consistent winners.

Crisis
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
To a man, their attitude is "we have a lot of work to do". That speaks volumes about the attitude this coaching staff is instilling in this team. They didn't seem giddy about this win; they seemed to have a more businesslike approach to the rest of the season. That is what you need to become consistent winners.

I think a lot of it has to do with where they were drafted... most of our best players are undrafted or late-round picks that have had to work hard to get where they're at.

It's a double-edged sword because our 1st rounders usually suck... but its definitely what helps makes guys like Freddie and Stevie so easy to like.

RoscoeMagic
09-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Highest scoring team in the NFL and all I heard the past two days is how bad NE's defense is.

Wake up media! It's the Buffalo offense!