All this excitement is for nothing, if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

All this excitement is for nothing, if...

We don't lock up the big three.

We've put up with cost cutting moves and we've built a team out of of low draft picks and no namers. None of this matters if when they develop we let them walk.

Not signing these guys would be the biggest kick in the balls. One that my fandom would have a hard time taking. Not 1 out of 3, not 2 of 3, but all 3.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: All this excitement is for nothing, if...

Not worried about this much at all.. I believe it will happen.

We did keep costs low and I know the rules say the league must hit a certain total payroll by the end of this season.. I could see the Bills getting at least one player off that list before seasons end
    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

These are guys you can build around.

Give them the help they need. Piece by piece, year by year.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Sigh...how many times do we need to talk about this?

I have confidence that they'll be signed. Jackson is the most iffy, but mainly because he's got years on his contract and it seems to me that OBD really doesn't value him all that highly.

That being said, I'm very, very confident with Fitz and Johnson. Considering indications are that Nix and co. have already had contract discussions with both of them, that says to me that they'll be signed, especially if they keep performing like this. At the least, one of them will be signed, the other franchised. Wouldn't be surprised if they got a deal done with Bell also.

Jackson is an unusual case. He's a team player and despite complaining, has really done nothing outside of a few comments to indicate he's going to mope or pout. That's simply a situation to keep an eye on. I'm not concerned about it yet. If the Bills sign everyone else that they feel they need to and extended time goes by with Jackson getting anything, then I'll be worried.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

You gotta get them all done this offseason and ideally before the draft so we know where we are going in. We know we have holes to fill along both lines and throughout the entire defense. We don't need to create holes on the offensive side.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            You gotta get them all done this offseason and ideally before the draft so we know where we are going in. We know we have holes to fill along both lines and throughout the entire defense. We don't need to create holes on the offensive side.
            Well, Jackson is under contract for 2 more years so they don't really have to get him done before the draft to know where they stand. That said this is exactly what Nix said the Bills would do, RESIGN their own players. I have faith they will get it done.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

In all honesty, I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we signed all three, and I agree that it's imperative, but expect at least one to price their own value higher than the team would expect to pay. Fitz will sign, but I could see Johnson or Jackson bolting for a bigger pay day.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
              X