PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View; Feigning disappointment while maintaining confidence

northernbillfan
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM
When did I know the Bills were going to beat the Pats? Right at the start of the “X Factor” on Tuesday before the game. But Kevin, I saw your facebook status at 14-0 that said “happy to be in Boston for this asskicking, bah!” Obviously you know nothing about universe manipulation. I was feigning disappointment while maintaining total confidence throughout to get the bad vibes out and bring in the new ones.

On the Tuesday before the game, the second contestant on “X Factor” was a smooth singing dude who had the judges on the first note. They asked him where he came from. He said the standard ex-pat response, “originally, I’m from Buffalo, but I live in LA right now.” And they passed him through to the next round. Millionaire Matchmaker, 21-3 comeback, the Sabres pre-season is looking pretty spectacular, and then this. Buffalo’s fortunes are reversing.

I remained pretty upbeat the entire week about a Bills win being a distinct possibility. Everything the pundits said about why the Bills couldn’t win were also negatives about the Pats. “Bills beat two bad teams.” “They gave up a lot of points to the Raiders.” SO? The Pats beat Miami, a team the pundits don’t seem comfortable calling terrible even though we all know better. Then the Chargers are a team that hasn’t shown up in September since 2003. The Pats beat two weak teams and let them put up more points in the process. So why couldn’t the Bills win this game? It made no sense aside from the fact that we hadn’t won this game since 2003. Don’t forget what your mutual fund prospectuses say. “Past returns do not guarantee futures results”.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/09/28/one_fans_view_feigning_disappointment_while_maintaining_confidence.php)

delectrolux
09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
That was an excellent read. Well-written, spot-on and funny.

better days
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
When did I know the Bills were going to beat the Pats? Right at the start of the “X Factor” on Tuesday before the game. But Kevin, I saw your facebook status at 14-0 that said “happy to be in Boston for this asskicking, bah!” Obviously you know nothing about universe manipulation. I was feigning disappointment while maintaining total confidence throughout to get the bad vibes out and bring in the new ones.

On the Tuesday before the game, the second contestant on “X Factor” was a smooth singing dude who had the judges on the first note. They asked him where he came from. He said the standard ex-pat response, “originally, I’m from Buffalo, but I live in LA right now.” And they passed him through to the next round. Millionaire Matchmaker, 21-3 comeback, the Sabres pre-season is looking pretty spectacular, and then this. Buffalo’s fortunes are reversing.

I remained pretty upbeat the entire week about a Bills win being a distinct possibility. Everything the pundits said about why the Bills couldn’t win were also negatives about the Pats. “Bills beat two bad teams.” “They gave up a lot of points to the Raiders.” SO? The Pats beat Miami, a team the pundits don’t seem comfortable calling terrible even though we all know better. Then the Chargers are a team that hasn’t shown up in September since 2003. The Pats beat two weak teams and let them put up more points in the process. So why couldn’t the Bills win this game? It made no sense aside from the fact that we hadn’t won this game since 2003. Don’t forget what your mutual fund prospectuses say. “Past returns do not guarantee futures results”.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/09/28/one_fans_view_feigning_disappointment_while_maintaining_confidence.php)

I said the same about the Pats* wins the week before the game. I knew the Bills had a shot to beat the Pats* before they played.

Cntrygal
09-28-2011, 09:18 PM
:10: