• Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Forked Thread: Stevie Johnson needs OUR help

Forked from: Stevie Johnson needs are help

Originally posted by Stevie Styles 13
    #BillsMafia So what are we calling it when #Bills go in the crowd after we get into PayDirt? Need a good name...
    I think we should develop an exclusive Bills celebration. The announcers recently called the lambeau leap imitation the Buffalo Bounce (ugh.) Think of the Dirty Bird, or the Mile High salute. Why do you remember these? Because those Falcons and those Broncos were good. We're good too. A signature move may help establish that.

There's a bottle of tequila on the table in the middle- limes are included. Let's brainstorm. Come up with an idea, take a shot on me. Thank the ones you like.

If we cohesively use Twitter, #billsmafia, etc. I bet we can encourage the players to think of something, or suggest the best idea that we come up with.
    Last edited by Oaf; 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Forked Thread: Stevie Johnson needs OUR help

See we are the Buffalo Bills, i like the idea of people doing the "make it rain" money gesture in the endzone.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I like guys who hand the ball to the official and trot off the field. That's class.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

every player on every team jumps into the stands. its not just a packers thing anymore, even if they started it.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
          See we are the Buffalo Bills, i like the idea of people doing the "make it rain" money gesture in the endzone.
          Any connection btw your first statement, and your second?

@Jan - you're old school, and that's fine. I don't see anything classless about the salute or the dirty bird.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I like guys who hand the ball to the official and trot off the field. That's class.
            That's boring IMO. I like guys who show their creative side and show their emotion. Handing the ball to the official may show class but why does that matter?
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by hydro
              That's boring IMO. I like guys who show their creative side and show their emotion. Handing the ball to the official may show class but why does that matter?
              Class and professionalism always matter. And I watch games to see top rate on-field performances, not phony, choreographed celebrations.

I'm old, though, so you'll have to excuse me.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

the young players can leap in the stands, the older players can hand the ball to the ref. win-win.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Yeah, I just grew up watching the greatest player of all time, Jim Brown, quietly give the ball to the ref and head off the field. I always loved that.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Jul 2007

Since it's Stevie asking for a name, not our opinion of what the player does with the ball, I'll stay on topic.

And by staying on topic... maybe the Johnson Jump? Jones Jump? Nelson Nosedive? Wilson Vault? Scott Skydive? Soaring Spiller? Johnny Jump? Jackson Jolt? The Ryan Rise?

Man I have too much time on my hands...
                    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Personally Id love to see the fans steal what the University of Wisconsin does and play "Jump Around" and have the stadium shake from everybody jumping for a few minutes.

COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

THAT is awesome, DB.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Oaf
                          Any connection btw your first statement, and your second?
                          just a play on words and what i think would be such a terrible celebration that it would actually be amusing. Imagine a player pretending to swipe hundred dollar bills off the top of the ball while pretending to make it rain.

based on the pacman jones connection to make it rain, i'm guessing this would be fined heavily by the NFL. but i'd have laughed.

Comment

• Mski
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Personally Id love to see the fans steal what the University of Wisconsin does and play "Jump Around" and have the stadium shake from everybody jumping for a few minutes.
                            that would be a great suggestion for ted black and the #sabres , i'd bet they'd even try it too
                            RIP Tommy D!
                            12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mski
                              that would be a great suggestion for ted black and the #sabres , i'd bet they'd even try it too
                              Feel free to make any and all suggestions to all Buffalo sports teams.

If any of you ever get the chance to be in the Wisconsin student section when jump around comes on please for the love of God go and do it. Nothing better than 20,000 drunk co-eds jumping, and screaming.

Ok there are a few things better but you get my point.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X