X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Gailey

If Gailey can take a bunch of players that no one wanted enough to draft high or draft at all, I can only imagine what he can do with high draft picks.

If he can keep doing this we will be able to do what the pats do by grabbing nobodies ,turning them into good players that we can trade for picks in the future and be contenders for a long time.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Gailey

It's all about the system. if you make an excellent system, then you can mold almost anyone to be excellent. The Pats have been doing that for a decade.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
      It's all about the system. if you make an excellent system, then you can mold almost anyone to be excellent. The Pats have been doing that for a decade.
      I agree to a certain extent but SO FAR it SEEMS like Gailey, just like BB is able to adjust his system based on the players he has. He knows how to use their strengths. No set systems in place. Adjust.

I'm still not sold on the OL being a good unit. Without Fitz, we're in trouble. Hopefully Thigpen is learning from Fitz on how to get rid of the ball fast.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-28-2011, 10:39 AM.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Indeed. I can't imagine what one more off-season will do for this team.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        If Gailey can take a bunch of players that no one wanted enough to draft high or draft at all, I can only imagine what he can do with high draft picks.

If he can keep doing this we will be able to do what the pats do by grabbing nobodies ,turning them into good players that we can trade for picks in the future and be contenders for a long time.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Good coaches can get production out of unexpected players.. It also helps tremendously if your GM and scouts can recognize talent as well and mental attitude/chemistry

Bad franchises pick up discarded name recognition FA vets and expect them to make a difference.
          Last edited by ddaryl; 09-28-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I agree to a certain extent but SO FAR it SEEMS like Gailey, just like BB is able to adjust his system based on the players he has. He knows how to use their strengths. No set systems in place. Adjust.

I'm still not sold on the OL being a good unit. Without Fitz, we're in trouble. Hopefully Thigpen is learning from Fitz on how to get rid of the ball fast.
            Hopefully we will NEVER find out how much Thigpen has learned.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Week 3 he's a Coach of the Year candidate with Jim Schwartz.

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                Hopefully we will NEVER find out how much Thigpen has learned.

Last regular season game when we're resting our starters
                sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm high on gailey right now, but the test will be when they get shut down and exposed how he gets the team back after a loss. can he make bigger adjustments with these nobodies and really out manuever people after the morale hits a low?

I'm guessing that he can based on his halftime adjustments alone. but we'll see. i don't think any of us see the 72 dolphins falling to us. but you know what? we are approaching 2012 and everything is on the table until it isn't.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i'm high on gailey right now, but the test will be when they get shut down and exposed how he gets the team back after a loss. can he make bigger adjustments with these nobodies and really out manuever people after the morale hits a low?

I'm guessing that he can based on his halftime adjustments alone. but we'll see. i don't think any of us see the 72 dolphins falling to us. but you know what? we are approaching 2012 and everything is on the table until it isn't.
                    Well, i think he can do that based on last year. After going 0-8 he had the team go 4-4 in the last 8 games. Morale could not be much lower than being 0-8.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      Bad franchises pick up discarded name recognition FA vets and expect them to make a difference.
                      Such as the Jets......

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

One thing that stands out is how Gailey's style carries over to the whole team in the whole "fool me once mantra". From Fitz and Jones being on the same page when they both read Cover 1 to Wilson recognizing Gronkowski's seam route and McKelvin's film study on what basic routes Ocho Cinco was only able to run. This team seems very prepared for any situation.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

last year, they were the trap game. perhaps teams weren't ready. no one is overlooking them from a coach's perspective now. they are bringing everything they got. can he scheme around it?

I think he does. i'm not arguing it, but we will have to see it.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

The interesting thing is that he was seen as underachieving when he had a lot of (albeit aging) talent in Dallas. Granted the bar was ridiculously high, but maybe this is his forte - building confidence in guys who haven't "made" it yet and getting them to buy into his system. The question is, how well will he do when the cupboards are stacked (if Ralph ever stacks them)?

Getting top talents with the humility of guys like Dareus is probably the best approach going forward. That said, I'd like to hear what guys like Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin and Deion have to say about what he's doing with the Bills today.

Comment

• Das_Bills
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by imbondz

Except Maybin

Comment

Working...
                              X