X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Lindell to the Pro Bowl

Lindell was named AFC Special Teams player of the week. On his way to the Pro Bowl if he keeps winning games like that.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Lindell to the Pro Bowl

easy there. he's so clutch that fitzpatrick felt unable to lose a single yard during the kneel downs. i'm not sold that he's pro bowl material. pro bowl kickerse are able to make 40+yard FG more regularly than him.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
      • Aug 2008

I think we'll have a few probowlers this year...don't think Lindell will be one of them but I like the enthusiasm
      Last edited by RoscoeMagic; 09-28-2011, 03:27 PM.
      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
        easy there. he's so clutch that fitzpatrick felt unable to lose a single yard during the kneel downs. i'm not sold that he's pro bowl material. pro bowl kickerse are able to make 40+yard FG more regularly than him.
        Yeah, I agree. He did have a good game though. Aside from the winning FG, he had GOOD Kickoffs all game.

Janakowski should be the Pro Bowl Kicker hands down.

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days
          Yeah, I agree. He did have a good game though. Aside from the winning FG, he had GOOD Kickoffs all game.

Janakowski should be the Pro Bowl Kicker hands down.

Jani is bombing them this year....plus has anyone returned vs him?

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

"Who the hell is Rian Lindell?"

Sincerely,

Steelers fans, Cowboys fans, 49ers fans, Packers fans, Bengals fans... et cetera... et cetera...
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Must've been a pretty poor week for special teamers around the league.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DBrown77
                Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                • Mar 2005

I have been getting aggravated because he still cant get a touchback after gaining 5 yards on the kickoff. Good thing our coverage unit has been decent.

I have been getting less and less confident in him lately.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DBrown77
                  I have been getting aggravated because he still cant get a touchback after gaining 5 yards on the kickoff. Good thing our coverage unit has been decent.

I have been getting less and less confident in him lately.
                  I thought the same thing, but in retrospect I have to ask if that's what the tactic is?

Are we intentionally not getting touchbacks so we can pin them deeper than the 20 with speedsters and good tackling? Or is he really that weak of a kicker that he doesn't hunt for the back of the endzone and take the easy way out? I'm not sure, but all I know is we're 3-0 and ST hasn't been a huge issue like with Marshawn's new team.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Lindell is clutch most of the time, though he had a few costly misses last year. In all honesty, the game winner against New England was a chip shot even though it was a pressure situation. As for the pressure, Lindell discounted it saying every kick is a pressure kick because he wants to keep his job.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                      I thought the same thing, but in retrospect I have to ask if that's what the tactic is?

Are we intentionally not getting touchbacks so we can pin them deeper than the 20 with speedsters and good tackling? Or is he really that weak of a kicker that he doesn't hunt for the back of the endzone and take the easy way out? I'm not sure, but all I know is we're 3-0 and ST hasn't been a huge issue like with Marshawn's new team.
                      I was thinking the same thing myself. It certainly played out that way.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

Lindell can definitely boot it into the endzone if he wanted, come on.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ServoBillieves

I think that's absolutely the strategy. If you look at the kickoffs, we've generally been able to keep the returners from getting beyond the 20. If Lindell kicks it just a yard or so into the end zone, then our guys are five yards closer to begin with to tackle the guy. I think our ST's units have been much better than people would have expected based on preseason (similar to our offense).
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                          X