PDA

View Full Version : Lindell to the Pro Bowl

better days
09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Lindell was named AFC Special Teams player of the week. On his way to the Pro Bowl if he keeps winning games like that.

trapezeus
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
easy there. he's so clutch that fitzpatrick felt unable to lose a single yard during the kneel downs. i'm not sold that he's pro bowl material. pro bowl kickerse are able to make 40+yard FG more regularly than him.

RoscoeMagic
09-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I think we'll have a few probowlers this year...don't think Lindell will be one of them but I like the enthusiasm :up:

better days
09-28-2011, 03:30 PM
easy there. he's so clutch that fitzpatrick felt unable to lose a single yard during the kneel downs. i'm not sold that he's pro bowl material. pro bowl kickerse are able to make 40+yard FG more regularly than him.

Yeah, I agree. He did have a good game though. Aside from the winning FG, he had GOOD Kickoffs all game.

Janakowski should be the Pro Bowl Kicker hands down.

mikemac2001
09-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I agree. He did have a good game though. Aside from the winning FG, he had GOOD Kickoffs all game.

Janakowski should be the Pro Bowl Kicker hands down.

Jani is bombing them this year....plus has anyone returned vs him?

ServoBillieves
09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
"Who the hell is Rian Lindell?"

Sincerely,

Steelers fans, Cowboys fans, 49ers fans, Packers fans, Bengals fans... et cetera... et cetera...

YardRat
09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Must've been a pretty poor week for special teamers around the league.

DBrown77
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I have been getting aggravated because he still cant get a touchback after gaining 5 yards on the kickoff. Good thing our coverage unit has been decent.

I have been getting less and less confident in him lately.

ServoBillieves
09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I have been getting aggravated because he still cant get a touchback after gaining 5 yards on the kickoff. Good thing our coverage unit has been decent.

I have been getting less and less confident in him lately.

I thought the same thing, but in retrospect I have to ask if that's what the tactic is?

Are we intentionally not getting touchbacks so we can pin them deeper than the 20 with speedsters and good tackling? Or is he really that weak of a kicker that he doesn't hunt for the back of the endzone and take the easy way out? I'm not sure, but all I know is we're 3-0 and ST hasn't been a huge issue like with Marshawn's new team.

TigerJ
09-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Lindell is clutch most of the time, though he had a few costly misses last year. In all honesty, the game winner against New England was a chip shot even though it was a pressure situation. As for the pressure, Lindell discounted it saying every kick is a pressure kick because he wants to keep his job.

better days
09-28-2011, 10:12 PM
I thought the same thing, but in retrospect I have to ask if that's what the tactic is?

Are we intentionally not getting touchbacks so we can pin them deeper than the 20 with speedsters and good tackling? Or is he really that weak of a kicker that he doesn't hunt for the back of the endzone and take the easy way out? I'm not sure, but all I know is we're 3-0 and ST hasn't been a huge issue like with Marshawn's new team.

I was thinking the same thing myself. It certainly played out that way.

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Lindell can definitely boot it into the endzone if he wanted, come on.

psubills62
09-28-2011, 11:18 PM

I think that's absolutely the strategy. If you look at the kickoffs, we've generally been able to keep the returners from getting beyond the 20. If Lindell kicks it just a yard or so into the end zone, then our guys are five yards closer to begin with to tackle the guy. I think our ST's units have been much better than people would have expected based on preseason (similar to our offense).