X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Great article by yahoo: No place like Buffalo

The article is great, everything about this article is great, but check out this part...

“This team ain’t moving,” says Kelly, reiterating the owner’s position. He is sitting at a small table in the RV. Kelly has plans to buy the team someday. He says he has investors who are willing to put down significant money and keep the Bills here. Around Buffalo, his is the name you hear most when people talk about Wilson’s inevitable replacement. It would be natural, of course, for Kelly to own the team; the beloved quarterback swooping in to save the franchise. And it would be the dearest hope of the fans that he indeed buy it. After all, in what other NFL city would the team owner host a tailgate in the middle of the parking lot?
    Link- http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...im_kelly092811

It's a long rumor, but Jimbo seems confident.
    Impossible is Nothing.

• RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Great article by yahoo: No place like Buffalo

You beat me by 3 mins! Mods delete mine!

I like Lindell's quote

“Quite frankly they might want to win more than I do,” says Lindell who had the game-winning field goal to beat the Patriots. “A guy might have been a fan for 50 years. I’ve only been a Bills fan for nine.”
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Wow, great article. Thanks.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

What a great article. And NO MENTION of the weather or wings.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

nice article. I've had season tickets since the last bills lease, and the Flutie push to sell them. I've probably been to 3 games in the last 5 years or so (I let my father do what he wants with the tickets. Sometimes he goes... mostly in Sept, when it's warm out... though he's getting up there so the crowds have kept him away usually usually he gives them away to my step brother). I didn't know Jim tailgated, that's pretty cool.

****. If this keeps up I'll have to go to a game sometime this year, ideally a playoff game.
          Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-28-2011, 10:17 PM.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

This was a very nice read.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

Great article for sure. There are many fans like myself (former WNYers) who although thousands of miles from home still understand that Bills football is more then a spectator sport. It's part of who we are. I've lived all over the country, and beyond a doubt, Bills fans are the best. Also glad the players are giving the whole WNY area it's due respect. WTG Bills WTG Bills fans.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• MikeNC
                • Dec 2005

The City of Buffalo is like an anchovie, 99% of the people that tell you they don't like them never had one...99% of people that tell you Buffalo is a crappy city have never been there, they don't know what their missing. Buffalo may be one of the smallest markets, but they are probably in the top 3 for fan loyalty.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

The only negative is the taxes, thanks to horrid state gov't & NYC. Reform is coming.

I love living here and I traveled everywhere for years in the military.

This was my home and 100 times better than anywhere else, IMO. What I always heard was " there's not a lot of jobs there " which drew my standard response " I don't need a lot of jobs...I need one ".

Great city,parks,arts,theater,festivals,sports,water & the best people...I like snow.

It has everything I want.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                    • Nov 2004

great article, and very true. I can also say I live on the West Coast when I do run into Bills fans, they are very friendly and knowledgable about football.

I love the fact we have players that arent "high profile" or high ego guys like Fitz, Jackson, SJ they are very accessible to the fans, jumping into the crowd after a TD. Even more impressive is the former players Kelly, Thurman, Rueben Brown staying active in Buffalo and supporting the team. Makes me proud to be a Bills fan.
                    Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• malvado78
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Demon
                      The article is great, everything about this article is great, but check out this part...

Link- http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...im_kelly092811

It's a long rumor, but Jimbo seems confident.
                      That article gave me chills.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

the article tells the story well.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

awesome article. i think one thing that is noticable, and maybe its because i'm new to twitter, but the players on this team are embracing the city.

After each win, they are like, "we are doing it for the city and our fans." David Nelson pumping the crowd up at 21-7 and being excited. Everyone on the team is saying, "thanks to the crowd at the ralph."

They don't seem like the last bunch of teams that just roll in just before training camp, explain to us how hard it is to win games in the NFL and then warn us that they don't have to be doing this for us (ala kawika mitchell). Those guys didn't care about the team, the fans or the city.

These guys do. and even if this season crashes and burns, i think we believe in them and they believe in us and that's how we are finally goiong to build the team up.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MikeNC
                            The City of Buffalo is like an anchovie, 99% of the people that tell you they don't like them never had one...99% of people that tell you Buffalo is a crappy city have never been there, they don't know what their missing. Buffalo may be one of the smallest markets, but they are probably in the top 3 for fan loyalty.
                            I love anchovies, & Papa Johns does not offer them. Papa's is about the best pizza you can find down here.

GOD I miss Buffalo food. Bocci pizza, Mighty Taco, Wings from anywhere in Buffalo, Teds hot dogs, Andersons Ice cream, Schwabels Roast Beef, Friday Fish fry from any corner bar.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Nice article. Best I've read about the city in a long time.

I would seriously move there if my wife would let us.

Comment

Working...
                              X