PDA

View Full Version : SI article on Fitzpatrick

psubills62
09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Good read.

The Bills are simply a group of pals from whom nobody expects much, so they might as well do all they can to win. Gailey's mismatch-exploiting offense has spurred the resurgence, which began last season with a 4--4 finish after an 0--8 start, but at times he has wisely yielded to the force of Fitzpatrick's personality and analytical skills. Two weeks ago against Oakland the Bills scored on all five of their second-half possessions to erase a 21--3 deficit, with Fitzpatrick often improvising in the huddle. "He was pretty much drawing plays in the sand," says Nelson, who caught the winning touchdown. "Stevie, you go inside here; David, you go outside there. We were calm, collected, we felt like we knew what we were doing."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1190862/1/index.htm

Romes
09-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Love his sense of humor.

Rustbelt
09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
2010 camp my buddy is a jesus freak and is getting a bunch of autographs that he is going to give out later. a bunch of mid twenty year olds are crowding Fitz and he goes gee guys you going to put the up above your bed, haha? I jokingly replied yea, next to my yale poster and he just laughed his ass off and high fixed me. Down to earth.

Night Train
09-29-2011, 03:21 AM
And to think little more than a year ago, many here wanted him run out of town.

Shows how little we actually know.

John Doe
09-29-2011, 05:14 AM
And to think little more than a year ago, many here wanted him run out of town.

Shows how little we actually know.

Even those members of this forum that are considered to be experts have been dead wrong about a lot of things.

Night Train
09-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Even those members of this forum that are considered to be experts have been dead wrong about a lot of things.

We're just silly fans with 24/7 internet, meaning we have more info than ever.

and we still know next to nothing, concerning sports. :nod: