PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate the shout song?

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 08:08 AM
I assume I can hate the song and at the same time love the Bills?

It's a dull song, not that great of a tune at all. Not music to my ears, not a good dancing song. Also I wish the Bills had a song that was theirs unique and not a copy of the Isley Brothers.

mikemac2001
09-29-2011, 08:10 AM

It's a dull song, not that great of a tune at all. Not music to my ears, not a good dancing song.

Ugh..........

Better question

Are you the only person who hates the shout song?

RoscoeMagic
09-29-2011, 08:10 AM
That's akin to liking cheeseburgers but hating cheese :scratch:

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't think it is possible for a Bills fan to hate the shout song....

OpIv37
09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
It does seem dated and I could see how people outside of Buffalo could find it cheesy, but I grew up listening to that song over and over again as Jim Kelly marched the team up and down the field..... It's part of the team.

And, when you listen to some of the cheesy **** that gets played in other stadiums, it's a huge improvement. Stuff like that lame-ass Zombie Nation song gives me douche chills.

RoscoeMagic
09-29-2011, 08:12 AM
I don't think it is possible for a Bills fan to hate the shout song....

What about our fellow deaf fans? :scratch:

mikemac2001
09-29-2011, 08:15 AM

That can't hear it

but they can feel it

tampabay25690
09-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I think everyone luvs the shout song...

RoscoeMagic
09-29-2011, 08:18 AM
That can't hear it

but they can feel it

Is that because of their heightened sense of touch? :scratch:

SabreEleven
09-29-2011, 08:19 AM

It's a dull song, not that great of a tune at all. Not music to my ears, not a good dancing song. Also I wish the Bills had a song that was theirs unique and not a copy of the Isley Brothers.

You must have just became a Bills fan at 4:01pm on Sunday.

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM

That's a fairly judgmental and closed minded response.

better days
09-29-2011, 08:21 AM

How can you HATE what you can't hear?

RoscoeMagic
09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
How can you HATE what you can't hear?

I hate some of these posts even though I can't hear them :scratch:

better days
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
It does seem dated and I could see how people outside of Buffalo could find it cheesy, but I grew up listening to that song over and over again as Jim Kelly marched the team up and down the field..... It's part of the team.

And, when you listen to some of the cheesy **** that gets played in other stadiums, it's a huge improvement. Stuff like that lame-ass Zombie Nation song gives me douche chills.

mr kotter should google the San Diego Super Chargers song or the Miami Dolphins #1 song if he wants to hear LAME.

The shout song is BY FAR the BEST Song in the NFL. I defy anyone to name an NFL song that is better. The BIlls make me wanna SHOUT.

And Otis Day & the Knights version is much better than the Isleys.

better days
09-29-2011, 08:30 AM
That can't hear it

but they can feel it

And I would bet they LOVE what they FEEL.

better days
09-29-2011, 08:33 AM

Or from his previous posts & this one, maybe he is not a Bills fan at all, just a troll trying to get a rise out of real Bills fans.

FlyingDutchman
09-29-2011, 08:34 AM
The only times I think its cheesy is when we're gettin killed or something and we kick a field goal and it starts up...Besides that, when youre in that stadium and the Bills have a big score, that place fills with energy with that song

mikemac2001
09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Or from his previous posts & this one, maybe he is not a Bills fan at all, just a troll trying to get a rise out of real Bills fans.

nah i think he is a fan just don't think its a very good topic

ddaryl
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Verse one: :air:
The Bills make me wanna SHOUT!
Kick your heels up and SHOUT!
Throw your hands up and SHOUT!
Throw your head back and SHOUT!
Verse two:
C’mon now the Bills are makin’ it happen now…
Stand up c’mon and shout Yea…..
Chorus one:
Say you will-Shout it right now baby
Say you will-C’mon C’mon
Say you will-And shout
Say you will-Yea…
Verse three:
SHOUT! Buffalo’s happen’ now
SHOUT! We’re on the move now
SHOUT! The Bills are happenin’ now
SHOUT! They’re makin’ it happen now
SHOUT! We’ve got the spirit
SHOUT! A lotta’ spirit, yea
SHOUT! Just watch it happen now
Chorus two:
Hey…Hey…
(Repeat)
Let’s go Buffa-lo…Let’s go Buffa-lo
(Repeat)

ddaryl
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Verse one: :air:
Kick your heels up and SHOUT!
Throw your hands up and SHOUT!
Throw your head back and SHOUT!
Verse two:
C’mon now the Bills are makin’ it happen now…
Stand up c’mon and shout Yea…..
Chorus one:
Say you will-Shout it right now baby
Say you will-C’mon C’mon
Say you will-And shout
Say you will-Yea…
Verse three:
SHOUT! Buffalo’s happen’ now
SHOUT! We’re on the move now
SHOUT! The Bills are happenin’ now
SHOUT! They’re makin’ it happen now
SHOUT! A lotta’ spirit, yea
SHOUT! Just watch it happen now
Chorus two:
Hey…Hey…
(Repeat)
Let’s go Buffa-lo…Let’s go Buffa-lo
(Repeat)

ummm NO!

better days
09-29-2011, 08:44 AM

You are right, but some of his posts are REALLY LAME.

trapezeus
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
its part of the tradition. i grew up on it. i agree when we are losing and score a meaningless field goal or when jauron took the safe points than go for the win, it kind of feels draining. but when the bills have big plays, it feels great.

I'd be disappointed if they touched it.

madness
09-29-2011, 08:55 AM

I'd say it could possibly be easy to hate it as well as not get caught up in the song... if you have never been inside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

I do know that it irks the hell out of opposing fans though. We stopped at a rest stop on the way home of the Raiders game and a Raiders fan was telling his buddy how he hates that #%$&ing song. I left out a little :evil: laugh as I walked by since they were walking into a bathroom with about 10 Bills fans which all most likely overheard their conversation. Sure enough as I walked to the exit the Shout song started echoing out of the bathroom!

Tiburon1724
09-29-2011, 08:56 AM
listening to the entire song sure it can come off as lame, but nothing is better than everyone in the stadium singing along after a score. (and anything is better than "Miami Dolphins #1")

BAM
09-29-2011, 08:57 AM
I freeking love the song. Especially the part where the crowd echos "LET'S GO BUFFALO." Also it's pretty awesome to see the Bills players recently getting down to it.

pjw
09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Weren't they talking about not paying the royalties for the song years ago? Everybody made a big deal about how we couldn't get rid of the song and Ralph had to pay for it.
I think it may have even went away for the pre season or a couple games. I don't remember all of the details.

trapezeus
09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Weren't they talking about not paying the royalties for the song years ago? Everybody made a big deal about how we couldn't get rid of the song and Ralph had to pay for it.
I think it may have even went away for the pre season or a couple games. I don't remember all of the details.

I don't remember the details, but i recall that the bills actually just said that as a PR move. The intention was to create some negative buzz before and then play the song to the surprise of the fans. They even came up with a terrible replacement song. However, the anger by everyone was so great, they just told everyone that they had the song and they've never tried to do anything so stupid (regarding the song at least) since.

trapezeus
09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
or, i'm totally wrong. link tells the story.

http://www.billsdaily.com/articles/lamb/shout.html

Tatonka
09-29-2011, 09:45 AM
It isn't my favorite either but I don't think any of the NFL songs r good.

BertSquirtgum
09-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Well somebody slap this person silly. The shout song is amazing.

djjimkelly
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
mr kotter

i think

the bills are making happen now!

DrGraves
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
wow. you are not a bills fan.

SabreEleven
09-29-2011, 10:30 AM
That's a fairly judgmental and closed minded response.

Looks like you are in the minority here.

Night Train
09-29-2011, 10:42 AM

In-A-Gotta-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly just never took.

A great regret. :air:

imbondz
09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
To me it sounds like it was written this year

imbondz
09-29-2011, 11:29 AM
love the shout song

plus the bridge in the song is genius. the chord progression is beautiful. the beat, rhythmic nuances. love it. and that's not even taken into consideration the melody.

It's riot worthy if they ever change it.

better days
09-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Looks like you are in the minority here.

And a VERY SMALL minority at that.

SABuffalo786
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
NO - NO IT'S NOT

YOU'RE A BAD PERSON FOR SUGGESTING IT. /ALLCAPS

hemi13
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I LOVE THE SONG and it's the first song my kids ever sang. It will never get old to my family.

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
The only times I think its cheesy is when we're gettin killed or something and we kick a field goal and it starts up...Besides that, when youre in that stadium and the Bills have a big score, that place fills with energy with that song

Right. Which makes me think that people love the energy, more than the song itself.

It was a question I was wondering about. How else can you ask a question, except to ask it?

Oaf
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
It's a great take on a classic song. Isn't this the second time you've posted this thread? Give it a break.

EDIT: I think the NEW one is lame.

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Better_days seems to be positioning himself as my mortal enemy here. If this was a football game, better_days would be the guy who was the last to jump on the pile after the tackle had already been made and the whistle blown.

From now one better_days and I will take opposite positions on everything, whether we want to or not. We can never agree on anything. Period.

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
It's a great take on a classic song. Isn't this the second time you've posted this thread? Give it a break.

EDIT: I think the NEW one is lame.

No, I don't think so. My last thread was to say that you should not blitz Tom Brady. The Bills did exactly that, they stayed away from blitzes and played a lot of nickel/dime. It seems to have worked out well for us.

dasaybz
09-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Does anybody else freaking hate Jim Kelly, Thurm, Andre, and Bruce but me? I mean, they just sucked balls and all, but I LOVE the Bills.

mikemac2001
09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Right. Which makes me think that people love the energy, more than the song itself.

It was a question I was wondering about. How else can you ask a question, except to ask it?

Do people sing the song in local bars where u are at?

Have you been at the ralph the past two weeks?

Because i have never seen one person dislike the song

BertSquirtgum
09-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Does anybody else hate this thread?

mikemac2001
09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Does anybody else freaking hate Jim Kelly, Thurm, Andre, and Bruce but me? I mean, they just sucked balls and all, but I LOVE the Bills.

RandolphDuke
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Mr_kotter, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

mr_kotter
09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Do people sing the song in local bars where u are at?

Have you been at the ralph the past two weeks?

Because i have never seen one person dislike the song

No and no. I thought maybe it was like atheism or something where lots of people just keep quit about it because everyone gets all angry on the topic. Guess not though.

better days
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Better_days seems to be positioning himself as my mortal enemy here. If this was a football game, better_days would be the guy who was the last to jump on the pile after the tackle had already been made and the whistle blown.

From now one better_days and I will take opposite positions on everything, whether we want to or not. We can never agree on anything. Period.

You came on this board & called me an idiot. I really want to be your friend LOL

And I posted in the 1st page of this thread, so I'm not the last to jump on the pile.

Beebe's Kid
09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Hate the Shout song? Hate the song that plays when the Bills score, and you sing along with 73,000 of your closest friends? You can't dance to it?

This isn't the club, cousin.

I will say that I am all over Black Betty when we score a TD, and Seven Nation Army for kickoffs...the Ralph just needs to get them louder. I also like when Leodis returned kicks and they played "I Get Alot" before hand.

Mad Max
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Is it outdated. Check.
Is it cheesy. Check.

Is it GLORIOUS. Check and MATE!

<object height="360" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WwJgHiDnT-M?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="480"></object>

Buckets
09-30-2011, 09:40 AM
I loved when we played "Another One Bites The Dust" at the games.

Saratoga Slim
09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree with most of the posts here. It's about tradition. Anyone ever been to Philly and heard "FLY, EAGLES, FLY?" That's like a 1940s high school alma mater, very queer, but it causes my Philly guys to set things on fire.

I agree with Mr. Kotter that "Shout" may not be very cool in a vacum, but it's not about the quality of the song anymore, it's about what it makes you feel based on past experience. We've all heard it enough during past moments of glory that it provokes a conditioned response. I smell bacon and my mouth starts to water, because I've never had bacon and not been happy about it. Same thing when I hear "Shout"--I've only ever heard it when something good just happened, so it's got only positive associations for me. Pumps me up. Played it at my wedding.

T-Long
09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
If the Shout song was no longer, what in the hell would I dance around the house to with my kids after a Bills win?? It seems un-American.

BillsFanCupp38
09-30-2011, 11:28 AM

You just committed BillsZone suicide with that comment...:shoothead:

Questioning the song is like questioning your fanhood...

McBFLO
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Can we ban Mr kotter? This thread is ban-worthy.

better days
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Can we ban Mr kotter? This thread is ban-worthy.

I wonder if you will qualify for the mortal enemy list & join me there with this post.