X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Wow! I Haven't Seen This in a While

It's not too significant in that the mocker is using team record to determine draft order. Since Buffalo is the only undefeated team in the AFC, the Bills can't be picking higher than 31st with this methodology. I think the specific pick is kind of irrelevant. I don't know much about Hightower, but I would guess he's is a monster at shutting down the interior running game of opponents, but he would be irrelevant with regards to outside running and is probably something of a liability in underneath pass coverage.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Wow! I Haven't Seen This in a While

What exactly are you talking about here? Link? Anything?

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

Lol.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• B-DON
        hi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
        It's not too significant in that the mocker is using team record to determine draft order. Since Buffalo is the only undefeated team in the AFC, the Bills can't be picking higher than 31st with this methodology. I think the specific pick is kind of irrelevant. I don't know much about Hightower, but I would guess he's is a monster at shutting down the interior running game of opponents, but he would be irrelevant with regards to outside running and is probably something of a liability in underneath pass coverage.
        I haven't seen it either lol

Comment

• paranoid
          • Sep 2009

I love this thread.

Based on the data presented in the link by the OP, I think that the Bills should try to pick up a pass-rushing threat, most likely from the Big 10 (maybe PSU). I am thinking a light, fast, end rusher with a great first step.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Oops! I got everything in but the link.

I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

I wouldn't be mad with that pick but would prefer an olineman. Our cb's are pretty thin too. I'd be happy with ilb, ol, or cb with our early picks. I wouldn't mind a better re to go with Williams and dareus either but Edwards seems serviceable

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

I think Burfict will go a lot higher than 15th overall. He's already drawing comparisons to Ray Lewis. I don't think he gets out of the top 10 in the 2012 draft. Bills would most likely go in the direction of DB, or OL that late in the first round. I don't see them going after another ILB after drafting Sheppard this year, and with Moats still on the roster. Those are 2 up and coming linebackers that the Bills will probably expect to produce in 2012 NFL season. I'm not saying it wont happen, but that it's highly unlikely. JMO
                Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 09-30-2011, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Yeah it's different having to scroll all the way down the page to see the Bills selection..lol I guess I'm Ok with the Hightower pick..At 32 the bills should take BPA

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Hightower and Cousins (the second round pick) would be a pretty good haul in my opinion. I have to believe Hightower will go earlier than 32, though. Would prefer an OLB over an ILB, but would be pretty happy with that pick.

Cousins is a QB that intrigues me, he's not a bad prospect at all. Wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 2nd as a backup at the very least. That's one of the positions where depth really concerns me.

While we do need OL, I'm wondering if we'll truly address it early in the draft, especially with the way our current OL is playing. I think we'll grab one or two late in the draft, but right now I don't see any OL picks in rounds 1-3 for us. I think the Bills will also look to continue retooling the secondary. JMO.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ

30 LB Dont’a Hightower*
                      -Early in the game he lost contain when Adams reversed field on his bubble screen, he stayed at home but looked like his feet were stuck in mud as he tried to make a play but couldn’t.

-Delivered a huge hit to Wilson, that really seemed to be the beginning of the end for the Razorbacks QB.

-Drops into coverage very well, is smooth in his drop and does a good job surveying the field and knowing what’s happening around him.

-Is nearly as smooth moving laterally as he is on his drop, flows extremely well and can fight off blocks well enough to make plays.

-He is so effective when reading and reacting. On a 4th and 1 run by Arkansas, Hightower read the play, saw the hole, and filled it before the Arkansas RB could even get to the line of scrimmage.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by B-DON
                        I wouldn't be mad with that pick but would prefer an olineman. Our cb's are pretty thin too. I'd be happy with ilb, ol, or cb with our early picks. I wouldn't mind a better re to go with Williams and dareus either but Edwards seems serviceable
                        Lol, people are still on the "must have first round OTs" kick?

Lol.

Comment

• JCBills
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
                          Hightower and Cousins (the second round pick) would be a pretty good haul in my opinion. I have to believe Hightower will go earlier than 32, though. Would prefer an OLB over an ILB, but would be pretty happy with that pick.

Cousins is a QB that intrigues me, he's not a bad prospect at all. Wouldn't mind grabbing him in the 2nd as a backup at the very least. That's one of the positions where depth really concerns me.

While we do need OL, I'm wondering if we'll truly address it early in the draft, especially with the way our current OL is playing. I think we'll grab one or two late in the draft, but right now I don't see any OL picks in rounds 1-3 for us. I think the Bills will also look to continue retooling the secondary. JMO.
                          QB depth? As backups, Thigpen and Smith are more than fine.

Cousins is interesting anyways. He'll need to add a few pounds, but he's quite an accurate passer.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

burfict is way overrated and I live like a block from asu... You should hear all the asu homers build him up constantly. He's slow. Disappears in games. Looks like a safety on the field, no matter what he's listed at.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by JCBills
                              Lol, people are still on the "must have first round OTs" kick?

Lol.
                              Have you seen Mansfield Wrotto play? Painful. This team still needs a third OT in case of injury or if Bell decides to relapse, which he briefly did in the preseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X