PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fitzpatrick/Franchise

Figster
09-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick is currently rated the 2nd best QB in the NFL with an 83.7 QB rating in between Tom Brady 85.3 (Top) and Aaron Rodgers79.1 (3rd)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7020881/nfl-week-3-total-qbr-season-leaders

Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown thrown 9 TD's/ 3 INT's for 841 yards in the Bills 3-0 start of the 2011 season. The Bills are the number one scoring team in the NFL with a franchise record 113 points in the first 3 games. Fitzpatrick/Bills just set an NFL record for comebacks in back to back games. When you take everything into consideration, Fitzpatricks leadership abilities, his intelligence, the time Fitzpatrick spent during the off season getting in sync with his receivers, and the strong bond he has formed with our 2nd year HC, Chan Gailey, we have to ask ourselves,

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick the QB of the future? I Billieve He is

Note:I made this thread on the fly after duplicating another thread, sorry guys

mikemac2001
09-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Posted like 3 times

Figster
09-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Posted like 3 times

Thanks Mike, I should have looked harder,

Is there a way to delete a thread that I don't know about? anyone?

bluerosekiller
09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I've been saying since about midway through last year's 0-8 streak that I thought Fitz was showing the sort of form, leadership & grit that could lead this team through the next several seasons. And while some agreed with me, most didn't want to hear anything about it & said that they'd only be satisfied with a high profile, high draft pick, "franchise" QB.
Now, those folks had every right to their opinions & maybe some of them STILL feel that way for all I know. And if they do, that's cool.
Hell, I wasn't much of a fan of Fitz the previous year. I was one of those dumb asses that thought Trent Edwards still deserved the opportunity to start.
But, his play slowly grew on me the more I saw of him in 2009 & I ( mistakenly ) got a sort of "poor man's Doug Flutie" sort of vibe from him with all that scrambling he did & those occasional bombs to TO. And then, as soon as he ( THANK YOU CHAN!!! ) took over from Edwards last season, I quickly began to like what I saw, even though The Bills didn't win until the ninth game.
Fitz displayed skills I wasn't aware that he had & MUCH more importantly was able to keep his team playing for him when almost any other team would have mentally bailed & simply gone through the motions the second half of the season. A very important intangible that can't be taught.
Now it's all coming together for him & The Bills although I'm sure that there will be some tough times ahead & they lose some games. Sending us all tumbling back down to earth in the process, but...
At only 28 years old with a his brains, physical skills & growing experience as a leader in the NFL, he'll win more games than he loses for us & we have our long term starter for the forseeable future.

Jim

Mad Bomber
09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Even ESPN radio talked about Fitz today...he has started 16 games under Chan, and has passed for 3800+ yards, 32 TDs (one short of the Bills record set by Jimbo) and 18 INTs.

Not a bad "season".

Figster
10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Even ESPN radio talked about Fitz today...he has started 16 games under Chan, and has passed for 3800+ yards, 32 TDs (one short of the Bills record set by Jimbo) and 18 INTs.

Not a bad "season".

The Buffalo Bills have rallied 6 times in franchise history from an 18 point deficit, Fitz owns 3 of them.

The Bills have overcome 21 point deficit 4 times in franchise history, Fitz owns two of them.

Ryan Fitzpatrick/Bills are the comeback Kings of the NFL

The Popcorn
10-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Not a bad "season".

Those stats would earn him a Pro Bowl spot.

PromoTheRobot
10-01-2011, 10:24 AM

But he'll never be more than a backup because he went to Harvard and was drafted in the 7th round. We need studs...like Tony Romo, UDFA from powerhouse Eastern Illinois.

PTR

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Fitzpatrick and the Bills are quickly becoming one of the best stories in the NFL.

I don't like the label, "franchise QB." What does it mean exactly? Who cares?

All that matters is he wins games and plays at a high level. If he continues it, there will be no need to replace him.

Figster
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Fitzpatrick and the Bills are quickly becoming one of the best stories in the NFL.

I don't like the label, "franchise QB." What does it mean exactly? Who cares?

All that matters is he wins games and plays at a high level. If he continues it, there will be no need to replace him.

Franchise QB is what the franchise deems it is in my opinion and there is not a QB out there that fits this misfit group of unknowns better then Ryan Fitzpatrick

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Franchise QB is what the franchise deems it is in my opinion and there is not a QB out there that fits this misfit group of unknowns better then Ryan Fitzpatrick

Gaileys Misfitz's are the real deal...

Good call. I can't imagine this offense rallying around any QB better than they are doing with Fitzpatrick. Barring a complete and total Trent Edwards-like meltdown, Fitz is going to get the long term contract he deserves.

It's going to be fun going in to every season knowing you have a QB that knows how to win games. :air:

better days
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Well, except for Brady & Rivers. He could be an alternate along with Rivers, but Brady will be #1.

Figster
10-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Well, except for Brady & Rivers. He could be an alternate along with Rivers, but Brady will be #1.

Pro bowl has become somewhat of a popularity contest and If Fitzy keeps playing at a high level the way he is, Ryan Fitzpatrick may become a pretty popular fella when all is said and done.

better days
10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Pro bowl has become somewhat of a popularity contest and If Fitzy keeps playing at a high level the way he is, Ryan Fitzpatrick may become a pretty popular fella when all is said and done.

Well you are right that is what it is, but unless the Bills get some games flexed, people around the Country won't really know too much about Fitz because they will not have seen him play.

Figster
10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Well you are right that is what it is, but unless the Bills get some games flexed, people around the Country won't really know too much about Fitz because they will not have seen him play.

Seems like with the comebacks/fantastic finishes Buffalo has displayed so far it would be a no brainer to flex the Buffalo Bills into prime time against some of the NFL's marque opponents to achieve top notch television ratings.

Note: I know for many of you, going prime time would be like the kiss of death, but the 2011 Buffalo Bills are a different football team in my opinion.