PDA

View Full Version : Gailey on Cowherd right now

imbondz
09-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Good stuff

imbondz
09-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Said Stevie is fine.

Cincy D is for real, said they're ranked #3 in the league?

I must have missed the beginning

madness
09-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Said Stevie is fine.

Cincy D is for real, said they're ranked #3 in the league?

I must have missed the beginning

Yes, they are very solid.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
They're ranked 3 because they haven't played anyone worth crap yet. Watch their D end up middle of the pack after this game.

justasportsfan
09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
how to convince team that the bengals are good
Show them film. Film don't lie.

How teams like bills are able to turn thier season around.
He thought they were a batter team than 4-12. Records don't always show how good/bad a team is.

What he thinks about all the attention.
"i've only been on this show once" Now he's on again so it's comes with the territory when you win.

imbondz
09-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Cowherd said something like, 'have you noticed the change in media attention' or something like that and Gailey said, 'well i've only been on your show once before, so yes'

ghz in pittsburgh
09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
They're ranked 3 because they haven't played anyone worth crap yet. Watch their D end up middle of the pack after this game.

You can also argue that because of their D, the teams they have played so far looked like crap on offense.

RoscoeMagic
09-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the update guys. :up:

ServoBillieves
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
We can talk all day about their defense... but how great is their offense?

Bengals D #3, but we are throwing against Nate Clements, name one of their linebackers other than Maualuga (I assume most fans who wanted him would know him) and name 2 d-lineman.

It's Andy Dalton throwing to another rookie, a felon (shocker?) and another could-be felon. 2 pounds of weed, assault, and whatever the hell else can't bode well for how terrible this team is morally. I believe they will put up a fight, but also they aren't that great physically and mentally.

Bring it Bungles.

psubills62
09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
We can talk all day about their defense... but how great is their offense?

Bengals D #3, but we are throwing against Nate Clements, name one of their linebackers other than Maualuga (I assume most fans who wanted him would know him) and name 2 d-lineman.

It's Andy Dalton throwing to another rookie, a felon (shocker?) and another could-be felon. 2 pounds of weed, assault, and whatever the hell else can't bode well for how terrible this team is morally. I believe they will put up a fight, but also they aren't that great physically and mentally.

Bring it Bungles.
Off the top of my head, I know one of their other LB's is Keith Rivers - not sure if he's starting, though. I think Michael Johnson was also playing at OLB effectively as a pass rusher.

DL: Peko is their main DT who anchors against the run. Fanene already has two sacks I believe.

I tend to agree with you, though. They've got a high-ranking D that has faced some piss-poor offenses. We've got a high-ranking O that has faced some piss-poor defenses. Our defense and their offense are comparable statistically too, I believe. It will be interesting to see which units are for real and which aren't.

madness
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Regardless of their opponents, they've looked very good.

better days
09-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Regardless of their opponents, they've looked very good.

Are you refering to the Bills offense or the Bengals defense?

Mr. Pink
09-30-2011, 02:53 PM
You can also argue that because of their D, the teams they have played so far looked like crap on offense.

Nah, the Browns offense is crap.

madness
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Are you refering to the Bills offense or the Bengals defense?
Well... both... but specifically the Bengals D. They're not a top 5 per say, but they have some new pieces which can put together a solid outing when they stop the run. Problem is they are still trying to play with more consistency and discipline as they tend to abandon their gaps and give up the big run from time to time (especially with FJ the gap breaker). They're a great bend but don't break D so they'll only get tougher in the RZ. They rotate the heck out of the DL to keep their guys fresh so it will be a good test for our OL to keep Fitz clean. They'll come in intent on stopping FJ but will also dial up the pressure through the middle as Wood and our guards will certainly have their work cut out for them.

They have had a problem covering TE's so Nelson (yes, WR David Nelson) could have a huge day working the seam especially since they yet been spread out. If the OL can keep Fitz clean, our offense will go but the Bengals D have a chance to make this a game.

Dujek
09-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Off the top of my head, I know one of their other LB's is Keith Rivers - not sure if he's starting, though. I think Michael Johnson was also playing at OLB effectively as a pass rusher.

DL: Peko is their main DT who anchors against the run. Fanene already has two sacks I believe.

I tend to agree with you, though. They've got a high-ranking D that has faced some piss-poor offenses. We've got a high-ranking O that has faced some piss-poor defenses. Our defense and their offense are comparable statistically too, I believe. It will be interesting to see which units are for real and which aren't.

Raiders D has looked decent in their other two games. I'd say the Bills offense is for real.

better days
09-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Well... both... but specifically the Bengals D. They're not a top 5 per say, but they have some new pieces which can put together a solid outing when they stop the run. Problem is they are still trying to play with more consistency and discipline as they tend to abandon their gaps and give up the big run from time to time (especially with FJ the gap breaker). They're a great bend but don't break D so they'll only get tougher in the RZ. They rotate the heck out of the DL to keep their guys fresh so it will be a good test for our OL to keep Fitz clean. They'll come in intent on stopping FJ but will also dial up the pressure through the middle as Wood and our guards will certainly have their work cut out for them.

They have had a problem covering TE's so Nelson (yes, WR David Nelson) could have a huge day working the seam especially since they yet been spread out. If the OL can keep Fitz clean, our offense will go but the Bengals D have a chance to make this a game.

The Bills strongest unit VS the Bengals strongest unit. This game should tell us which is legit.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm somewhat worried of the Bungles. There's no way the Bills should be overlooking them. I think they are a much better team than people give them credit for. I hope there are more Bills fans than Bengals fans at the game Sunday.

madness
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Well, unfortunately the Bengals D played like some of us expected them to. They played a great game and focused on their weaknesses by playing disciplined gap control and focusing on shutting down David Nelson.

Our lack of offense exposed our defense and if that becomes a common theme we'll lose 9 out of 10 times.