PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Jennifer Gish- 20 things we could have said

Bill Cody
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Bills-fans-need-help-keeping-it-real-2182849.php

Here's the original article for those that haven't read it.

I think what comes across more than anything is her patronizing tone, like she's patting the head of a golden retriever that's too dumb to know what he doesn't know. I can totally understand why Bills fans lashed back, the article begs a response. But in a way the folks that just wrote "F U" or "you're ugly" are making her point that Bills fans can't be taken seriously, and it lets her off the hook for what she did say which was arrogant and largely wrong.

I think we can come up with a nice list of 20 comebacks if we try. If you can't find it in yourself to keep it clean or classy, just skip this thread, no law you have to play along with me on this. Thanks in advance for that.

I'll start.

20. The home field was an advantage wouldn't you say Jen, and Bill Bellichick looked like he could use some cool air in the last 2 minutes.

justasportsfan
09-30-2011, 12:08 PM

psubills62
09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
My opinion about these things is that people shouldn't even click on the article. Giving it attention in any way is doing exactly what she wants. They don't care how they get attention as long as they get it.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
My opinion about these things is that people shouldn't even click on the article. Giving it attention in any way is doing exactly what she wants. They don't care how they get attention as long as they get it.

But to counter that, they are going to get the clicks anyway. What Bills fans did, and like idiots I may add, is not onlygive her another article, but make her out to be martyr.

If you respond with intelligence and class, then you make her look like a hate filled idiot, as opposed to a woman who some asshate called a c***.

****ing ******s.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 12:23 PM
19. I think you overlooked how many injuries that Patriots had in the secondary when compared with how effective Fitzy has been at spreading the ball around.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah because you guys on this board are so damn classy. :rolleyes:

Get the **** over yourselves.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
the bills fans comments don't let her off the hook at all. are you ******ed?

No they actually do. You played the game that you didn't know the rules and now instead of looking smart and like a decent fan base you look like a bunch of drunk rednecks. Congratulations, thanks to the deadspin piece people are laughing at our fanbase.

Way to go!

Oaf
09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Great idea.

19. We might be delusional, Jen, but there's no delusion in the fact that we will enjoy and defend our wins more than Patriots, Colts, and fans of other teams who take it for granted. Hopefully you got a little bit of understanding of that over the last week.

Regards

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
No they actually do. You played the game that you didn't know the rules and now instead of looking smart and like a decent fan base you look like a bunch of drunk rednecks. Congratulations, thanks to the deadspin piece people are laughing at our fanbase.

Way to go!

I would rather be a drunk redneck than an intellectual **** sucker.

People are laughing at the fan base huh? WHO CARES. The Bills are 3-0. Jennifer Gish is a filthy whore and can go **** herself.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 12:32 PM

To each their own.

ddaryl
09-30-2011, 12:38 PM
ignoring this woman was the proper response.... there are always going to be douche bags and they love it when people respond to their douchebagedness, which gives them the feedback they were searching for...

just look at those in our media who make a heluva a living saying controversial crap and get legitimized for it and gain website hits which = advertising money.

You just made this woman's employer some money and that will probably make the employer happy.. how does that make you feel...

User Manuel
09-30-2011, 12:38 PM
18. If we are pissed now, wait until the Albany River Rats coverage pushes us to page 3! It won't just be letters anymore.

ddaryl
09-30-2011, 12:39 PM

People are laughing at the fan base huh? WHO CARES. The Bills are 3-0. Jennifer Gish is a filthy whore and can go **** herself.

really... seriously ?

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
as serious as a heart attack.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Do you guys think people were laughing at the Bills and their fanbase last year when they were 0-8? I do. Who the **** cares if people are laughing at us. That broad should have been put in her place and i'm sure it was none of you pussies that lifted a finger to defend your beloved city or team.

psubills62
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
But to counter that, they are going to get the clicks anyway. What Bills fans did, and like idiots I may add, is not onlygive her another article, but make her out to be martyr.

If you respond with intelligence and class, then you make her look like a hate filled idiot, as opposed to a woman who some asshate called a c***.

****ing ******s.
Not necessarily. If people ignored her article and didn't read it, none of this would have happened. It was stupid of people to respond like that, but you're pretending like every other fanbase wouldn't have idiots who would respond similarly.

And out of curiosity - what fanbases are laughing at us? Do people even read deadspin? Is this even registering on any radar outside of Buffalo?

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
What kind of self respecting Bills fan could read that article and not get pissed off? Are you guys freakin' serious? It was the equivalent to being spat on in the face.

psubills62
09-30-2011, 12:52 PM
What kind of self respecting Bills fan could read that article and not get pissed off? Are you guys freakin' serious? It was the equivalent to being spat on in the face.
Doesn't mean you can't exhibit some modicum of self-control and intelligence. This isn't some backyard playground and we aren't 10 years old (well, most of us anyway).

Bill Cody
09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
ignoring this woman was the proper response.... there are always going to be douche bags and they love it when people respond to their douchebagedness, which gives them the feedback they were searching for...

just look at those in our media who make a heluva a living saying controversial crap and get legitimized for it and gain website hits which = advertising money.

You just made this woman's employer some money and that will probably make the employer happy.. how does that make you feel...

That's one way to look at it. I disagree though. Unhappy people don't buy newspapers. I just think it's possible to stand up for your team and city without sounding like an imbecile.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Who wants to read a 3 paragraph long response from some classy bills fans when you can get the same point accross just by saying.....go **** yourself.

ServoBillieves
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm just avoiding the little pissing match that Hurkey's putting on...

17. Jen, why the disrespect? Either you're a fan of another AFC East team, or you had a bad experience in Buffalo once. No one knows what this team will do, the future isn't set in stone, and the past has shown that we can usually choke and that Brady and Belichek are unbeatable... but didn't we just beat them? Didn't we intercept Brady more than ANY OTHER TEAM COULD DO last season alone?! It may feel good and easy to pick on Bills fans, but hindsight is 20-20. This is a new team, this is a different system, this isn't camp-Jauron... This is real football, and if we can play it for 13 more games this season, we are in good shape.

Jen, you're low blows and disregard for the Bills fanbase I can barely overlook, but please, knock it off and start doing journalism with solid facts and stop being an instigator.

Sincerely,

Tom Servo, Fan of the Buffalo Bills.

trapezeus
09-30-2011, 01:02 PM
hurkeynuts, what happened is that Gish is like Kevin Spacey at the end of se7en. He is begging brad pitt to shoot him for his own sick and twisted end game for the crimes. He knew pitt would lose it based on the crime. Sell Local Ralph is Morgan Freeman, asking you not to do it. Don't shoot Spacey. You're only giving him what he wants.

It's hard, but it's the right thing to do.

User Manuel
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
My Own List of Twenty things to say to her:

20. I know you are but what am I.
19. I can't see you, your not there.
18. F#@& You.
17. You live in Albany.
16. Really...I mean Really.
15. *****.
14. Scoreboard.
13. You STILL live in Albany.
12. You are ugly and nobody likes you.
11. Fear the Beard.
10. You were picked on a lot in college by people from Buffalo, weren't you?
9. So, you know Bucky Gleason, eh?
8. Suck it, scrub writer.
7. Meet our friend Michael82. He doesn't like you.
6. You are STILL ugly and we STILL don't like you.
5. Did your parents have any children who lived?
4. If you ever write anything like this again I swear to god I will come to Albany and hunt you down like the mongrel rabid, untalented dog you are. Go Bills!

3. I pity you for being a hate filled ball of angst!
2. Pot this is Kettle.....
1. The Bills make me want to shout....profanities at you while I am drinking Genny and eating wings.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 01:13 PM
hurkeynuts, what happened is that Gish is like Kevin Spacey at the end of se7en. He is begging brad pitt to shoot him for his own sick and twisted end game for the crimes. He knew pitt would lose it based on the crime. Sell Local Ralph is Morgan Freeman, asking you not to do it. Don't shoot Spacey. You're only giving him what he wants.

It's hard, but it's the right thing to do.

Yeah but spacey cut off pitt's wife's head. He needed to die.

Oaf
09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm just avoiding the little pissing match that Hurkey's putting on...

17. Jen, why the disrespect? Either you're a fan of another AFC East team, or you had a bad experience in Buffalo once. No one knows what this team will do, the future isn't set in stone, and the past has shown that we can usually choke and that Brady and Belichick are unbeatable... but didn't we just beat them? Didn't we intercept Brady more than EVERY OTHER TEAM COMBINED last season?! Hindsight is 20-20 so it may feel good and easy to pick on Bills fans. This is a new team, this is a different system, this isn't camp-Jauron... This is real football, and if we can play it for 13 more games this season, we are in good shape.

Jen, your low blows and disregard for the Bills fanbase I can barely overlook, but please, knock it off and start doing journalism with solid facts and stop being an instigator.

Sincerely,

Tom Servo, Fan of the Buffalo Bills.

With polite edits. :air:

trapezeus
09-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah but spacey cut off pitt's wife's head. He needed to die.

true but killing spacey doesn't bring her back. let the law take care of it, and don't let spacey get to complete what he wanted to start.

better days
09-30-2011, 01:39 PM
With polite edits. :air:

Well, that will NEVER make her next column.

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM

No, seriously...this makes a lot of sense. You wouldn't want to be construed as smart...and you don't give anybody that impression, so you are safe. Wheww!!!!!

How many of the responses in the Deadspin article were pulled directly from your email?

Oaf
09-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Well, that will NEVER make her next column.

LOL

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
No, seriously...this makes a lot of sense. You wouldn't want to be construed as smart...and you don't give anybody that impression, so you are safe. Wheww!!!!!

How many of the responses in the Deadspin article were pulled directly from your email?

zero. i already stated that in the other thread.

Aesop
09-30-2011, 02:03 PM
I have no sympathy for hack sports writers who offend an entire fanbase and then plays the victim card in a pathetic attempt to make herself relevent when a minute percentage of that fanbase responds inappropiately.

bf1
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
You ****ing ****!!!

Beebe's Kid
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
It is a little unbelievable the amount of attention paid to this article.

This lady clearly has an axe to grind, and if you say nothing...she looks like an idiot. She said the things she said to trigger the responses. It is insane for her to act as if there is justifiable means to feel bad for Bills fans. It is a sports team.

The problem is her argument is illogical, and when you try to enter into an argument that fails to recognize logic, you will never win. There is no arguing with this woman's assessment, and all of the Hurkey's in the world that would rather be drunken rednecks, as opposed to intellectuals, achieved their goal; as did the author.

The only ones that come out of the short end of this argument are the people that are trying to enter the argument from a logical perspective. Reason and logic are not welcome in this fight. This is between the extremely judgmental and condescending, who are basing it on an obvious bias, and the inflammatory reactionaries.

This woman is not a martyr...she just happened to bait the Hurkeys of the world into the argument, and was able to transcend the argument based on their reaction. If there had been no reaction, her article is a piece of trash, but she knew who was coming, and they came. Predictably so, they all responded with vulgarity and sexist remarks. She wins based on a sympathy vote.

Hurkey and the anti-intellectuals win, because they just say they can never lose. They yelled, screamed, shouted and swore with all the vulgarity they could gather and that is all they needed to do to win. They win because they say they win, and if you say they failed to make an educated point, they scream, spit and swear at you for being an "intellectual **********."

Winning this argument is all perception, and no logic...good theatre, but little else. Unfortunately this is a microcosm of our society. Logic is losing.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 02:17 PM

This lady clearly has an axe to grind, and if you say nothing...she looks like an idiot. She said the things she said to trigger the responses. It is insane for her to act as if there is justifiable means to feel bad for Bills fans. It is a sports team.

The problem is her argument is illogical, and when you try to enter into an argument that fails to recognize logic, you will never win. There is no arguing with this woman's assessment, and all of the Hurkey's in the world that would rather be drunken rednecks, as opposed to intellectuals, achieved their goal; as did the author.

The only ones that come out of the short end of this argument are the people that are trying to enter the argument from a logical perspective. Reason and logic are not welcome in this fight. This is between the extremely judgmental and condescending, who are clearly based on bias, and the inflammatory reactionaries.

This woman is not a martyr...she just happened to bait the Hurkeys of the world into the argument, and was able to transcend the argument based on their reaction. If there had been no reaction, her article is a piece of trash, but she knew who was coming, and they came. She wins.

Hurkey and the anti-intellectuals win, because they just say they can never lose. They yelled, screamed, shouted and swore with all the vulgarity they could gather and that is all they needed to do to win. They win because they say they win, and if you say they failed to make an educated point, they say they didn't want to and scream and spit and swear at you...

Winning this argument is all perception, and no logic...good theatre, but little else.

I am much smarter than I portray myself as on this fan site ass hole.

Bill Cody
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
:sadwalk:

Cntrygal
09-30-2011, 02:24 PM
:sadwalk:

I know.... :pet:

Want me to make another thread for you?

Aesop
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM

The only ones that come out of the short end of this argument are the people that are trying to enter the argument from a logical perspective. Reason and logic are not welcome in this fight. This is between the extremely judgmental and condescending, who are basing it on an obvious bias, and the inflammatory reactionaries.

This woman is not a martyr...she just happened to bait the Hurkeys of the world into the argument, and was able to transcend the argument based on their reaction. If there had been no reaction, her article is a piece of trash, but she knew who was coming, and they came. Predictably so, they all responded with vulgarity and sexist remarks. She wins based on a sympathy vote.

Hurkey and the anti-intellectuals win, because they just say they can never lose. They yelled, screamed, shouted and swore with all the vulgarity they could gather and that is all they needed to do to win. They win because they say they win, and if you say they failed to make an educated point, they say they didn't want to and scream and spit and swear at you...

Winning this argument is all perception, and no logic...good theatre, but little else.

Pretty much this.

I have no allegiance to anyone who isn't smart enough to recognize the methods this hack used to drum up a little web traffic to her pathetic rag of a publication as well as anyone who provided her with the ammunition for her follow up article filled with faux outrage.

As for anyone who says this reflects poorly on the Buffalo Bills fanbase...Well, anyone who bases their opinion of an entire fanbase based on 150 emails probably has hard enough time getting dressed in the morning. I would'nt worry too much about what they think of us.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Not necessarily. If people ignored her article and didn't read it, none of this would have happened. It was stupid of people to respond like that, but you're pretending like every other fanbase wouldn't have idiots who would respond similarly.

And out of curiosity - what fanbases are laughing at us? Do people even read deadspin? Is this even registering on any radar outside of Buffalo?

Deadspin is known as one of the most popular blogs out there actually. Its known for its off the main road stories. They broke the Brett Favre penis pics to Jenn Sterger story last year.

Millions read them daily, its a very popular blog.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 02:34 PM
I know.... :pet:

Want me to make another thread for you?

Not sure its even worth it.

Syderick
09-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Critique the message, not the person:

http://auburnpub.com/news/opinion/blogs/in_the_trenches/article_b5131a62-eac5-11e0-80c1-001cc4c002e0.html

Syderick
09-30-2011, 02:53 PM
A Call To Buffalo Bills Fans: Let’s Act Like We’ve Been Here:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-fans/

RoscoeMagic
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
true but killing spacey doesn't bring her back. let the law take care of it, and don't let spacey get to complete what he wanted to start.

If I was Pitt I would have shoved the barrel up Spacey's a-hole then pulled the trigger.

Oaf
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
That's one way to look at it. I disagree though. Unhappy people don't buy newspapers. I just think it's possible to stand up for your team and city without sounding like an imbecile.
I think so too. Non-response is what a writer would have gotten for blasting the Seahawks or Chiefs. make sure to compile however many we get and submit it even if we don't get 20.

better days
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I think so too. Non-response is what a writer would have gotten for blasting the Seahawks or Chiefs. make sure to compile however many we get and submit it even if we don't get 20.

Well, had she blasted the Eagles, Giants, Jets or Pats* it would have been 10X the volume & 10X WORSE than what Bills fans gave her.

BertSquirtgum
09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Go Bills! **** Jennifer Gish.

Meathead
09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
< finding it hard to believe that article would prompt so many people to lose their damn minds

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Who wants to read a 3 paragraph long response from some classy bills fans when you can get the same point accross just by saying.....go **** yourself.
Because the last really does not get anything across to anybody with more than 3 functional brain cells

Dr. Lecter
09-30-2011, 08:04 PM
< finding it hard to believe that article would prompt so many people to lose their damn minds
Some of these people had no minds to start with

Meathead
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
good pernt

Bill Cody
10-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I realize I'm a glutton for punishment. I asked a couple simple things for this thread, post a reply relevant to the thread's premise, if you can't do that don't post. 48 reples so far, 3 bothered to do so, a couple major hijackers. We run a loose board here which I like, not much on telling people what to do or how to do it. But blatantly disrespectful people annoy me. I have no doubt what I've just said is just a further invitation to the hijackers to continue and that's fine, don't really care that much, just a little disapointing but children will be children. Anyway one more shot by me to get back on point.

16. Awww Jen we DO want you to get hurt here...Bils 34 NE 31

Figster
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM

With all the positive things going on with the Buffalo Bills I find it odd this much attention is being given to something so negative...