PDA

View Full Version : What is it about turnovers for the BIlls

trapezeus
09-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Every time the bills have a ridiculous amount of turnovers, they still need overtime to win. That's kind of frsutrating, no?

Bills had 6 TO vs the jets and needed overtime to beat them.
They had4 or 5 vs dallas and lost in the last seconds.
They had a 4 vs NE and won on the last second kick.

Shouldn't it be a blow out when you crush the other team in turnovers? Why is it our fate to have to struggle through amazing performances?

any thoughts?

justasportsfan
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
last year we couldn't stop the run

this year our offense wasn't scoring early.

psubills62
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
To me, turnovers serve to equalize talent differences. If we are +5 in turnovers, but barely eke out a win, that indicates we're a lot less talented than the other team.

If we're +2 in turnovers and eke out a win (like against the Pats), that indicates we're less talented, but not horribly out-classed. Just as an example...when the Pats were at +2 in turnover margin during the Bills game, they led 14-0. When we were +2, we led by 7 and finally by 3.

Just my opinion.

ddaryl
09-30-2011, 03:20 PM
it's a product of a young team learning to win IMO...

I don't buy the talent argument myself.... 4 turnovers from the Pats when Brady is breaking records for yards thrown etc... was just part of the formula needed to beat the Pats..

The Jets last year when our D was piss poor against the run is understandable... that was a talent issue obviously.

How many turnovers did we have against Oakland ? 2

zone
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Don't forget we could have punched it in at the end of the game if we wanted to.

BILLSROCK1212
09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
To me, turnovers serve to equalize talent differences. If we are +5 in turnovers, but barely eke out a win, that indicates we're a lot less talented than the other team.

If we're +2 in turnovers and eke out a win (like against the Pats), that indicates we're less talented, but not horribly out-classed. Just as an example...when the Pats were at +2 in turnover margin during the Bills game, they led 14-0. When we were +2, we led by 7 and finally by 3.

Just my opinion.
i think the defense has to be quite talented to pull that off. the offense on the other hand...

YardRat
09-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Depends on when the turnovers happen.