• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

If the Bills are for real...

...They NEED this game.

A win against Cincinnati would make them 3-0 in the Conference, and 1-0 against the division.

Essentially, the games against the Giants, Eagles and Skins are meaningful only in the W-L column.

In order to seriously compete for a WC spot or a Div title, they need to have Div and Conf tiebreakers.

A win would go a long way to us having that edge.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: If the Bills are for real...

I agree completely. Winning divisional and conference games are huge. They would be 4-0 in conference with a win against Bengals though.
    A big difference I see in myself in this team is I am now going into each game thinking we have a chance to win. That has not happened since the Kelly era.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Its been a nice ride so far, but i will not be 100% convinced we are a serious playoff threat until we are sitting at 5-0. After we have secured wins against the raiders pats and eagles no one can doubt our legitimacy.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

I feel like we need to win yes. I also am concerned about how they are winning. I would like to see them have better 1st half's and play a complete game or 2. The comebacks are nice but I don't think you can do that all year long. Would be nice to break that pattern of the last couple weeks and get out to good start and dominate the entire game.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I don't think this group is reading their press clippings, since people are still asking " how are they doing it ? " (citing the fact most aren't high picks or stars ).

If they did lose, it would due to turnovers or something in that vein. Not because they're going through the motions, believing they're better than they are.

Still, Gailey seems like the right coach to keep them on their toes.

Go Bills !
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Yes these are the type of games that contenders win... Although Cincy's D could keep us in check some, I just don't believe Cincy's O should rack up many points. Our O should be able to put up some points therefore we should win this game

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
              Yes these are the type of games that contenders win... Although Cincy's D could keep us in check some, I just don't believe Cincy's O should rack up many points. Our O should be able to put up some points therefore we should win this game
              I expect the Bills to put up some points in this game while the Bills defense gets after Dalton. I don't expect a blowout like KC, but a SOLID WIN.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

A guy I work with was kind of indignant that we were only favored by 3.

I told him I could not remember the last time the Bills were road favorites.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                  ...They NEED this game.

A win against Cincinnati would make them 3-0 in the Conference, and 1-0 against the division.

Essentially, the games against the Giants, Eagles and Skins are meaningful only in the W-L column.

In order to seriously compete for a WC spot or a Div title, they need to have Div and Conf tiebreakers.

A win would go a long way to us having that edge.

4-0 in conf

1-0 in div

its a huge game being 4-0 this early would give us an edge at the end

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• northernbillfan
                    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I won't believe they will the game until they spot Cincy 21 points.
                    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Seriously though, I hope this isn't a trap game. I hope they don't get caught up thinking about Philly next week and lose their heads in this game.

Besides, my wife is a Bengals fan and to lose to them would be bad for the dynamics of the house.
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If we are who we think we are, we will completely destroyed Cincy.

45-10

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

Going 3-1 does not concern me. Its going 3-2 that I would be worried about. At 3-1 you are still a good football team, and still close to the top of the division and conference. At 3-2 you are average.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

Yes... Division and conference games are huge in tiebreaker situations. But I'm thinking that all the NFC East games are almost equally important due to the "common opponent" tiebreaker... Hell, that puts double emphasis on the AFC West games.

Are there any games that don't have potential tie breaker implications?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              Yes... Division and conference games are huge in tiebreaker situations. But I'm thinking that all the NFC East games are almost equally important due to the "common opponent" tiebreaker... Hell, that puts double emphasis on the AFC West games.

Are there any games that don't have potential tie breaker implications?

We win our div and afc conf game NFC won't matter

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X