PDA

View Full Version : Evans Responds To Indefinite Suspension

BillsFever
06-27-2003, 04:42 PM
In response to his "lifetime" ban for multiple violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy, Jets defensive tackle Josh Evans has issued the following statement, which the folks at Impact Sports have sent to us.

"I cannot believe I am in this situation again my appeal has failed even though I passed a lie detector test confirming that I never smoked or used marijuana," Evans said. "I have embraced the NFL Program for Substances of Abuse, followed its guidelines precisely and have become a better person for it.

"I would never jeopardize my family and compromise the integrity of the Jets organization, my teammates and its fans by violating the Program. Everybody will ultimately believe what they want, but to accept punishment for something I did not do is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to endure."

Though his agents can't comment on the specifics of the positive result, all signs point to a failure to submit to a test, not an actual positive test. Alas, a failure to test is given the same treatment under the substance abuse policy as a positive.

As a result, Evans has been suspended indefinitely by the league. He already has missed a full year, while he was with the Titans.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Typ0
06-28-2003, 07:16 AM
Good news for us actually.

The_Philster
06-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Absolutely. Anything that hurts the Jets can't be all bad. :D

Schobel94
06-28-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey, remember when he was an FA and Donahoe passed on him? He got highly criticized for that, but now, once again, he looks like a freakin genius! He's so smart, he knew there was a high probability of this happening and he just didnt want to deal with it, so instead we got Adams (a year belated), so it all worked out! Hail Donahoe!

SamAdamsFan
06-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Travis Henry will love this. Not having to run past Evans will probably add 20 or 30 more yards to his game both time we play the Jets.

Dozerdog
06-28-2003, 02:46 PM
I think the Jets saw this coming. That's why they grossly overpaid for the stiff Robertson in the draft.