PDA

View Full Version : Fitz, Fred, and Stevie, who signs???

elltrain22
10-01-2011, 07:13 PM
What does your gut, tell you about this question? Ryan Fitzpatrick, Stevie Johnson, and Fred Jackson clearly all want to and SHOULD get paid!

Question is, do you think we'll sign none of them, only 1 player, 2 outta the 3, or you think we'll sign all 3 of these guys.

Also please reply and say which players stay & which go.

kelly2reed4six
10-01-2011, 07:24 PM
What does your gut, tell you about this question? Ryan Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, and Fred Jackson clearly all want to and SHOULD get paid!

Question is, do you think we'll sign none of them, only 1 player, 2 outta the 3, or you think we'll sign all 3 of these guys.

Also please reply and say which players stay & which go.

Really, Fitzgerald? I didn't know AZ traded him to us.

casdhf
10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
I love Fred jackson and he's a fantastic player. But he's on the wrong side of 30 in a league where HBs are everywhere. I think I'd add a year on his deal and give him a good signing bonus, but that's pretty much it.

Night Train
10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I think they'll sign them all. Otherwise, a riot would ensue at OBD.

Ebenezer
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
They will sign them all but not how fans like. Fitz will get done during the season but it will be a long term deal. Stevie gets done in the offseason (possibly franchised) and Freddie doesn't get done until next year.

Novacane
10-01-2011, 07:42 PM
They should do all 3. The only one that maybe does not get done would be Freddy because they want their #1 pick CJ to take the job.

elltrain22
10-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Really, Fitzgerald? I didn't know AZ traded him to us.

A few too many for me. My bad....

:birds: :birds:

psubills62
10-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I said two because I'm not sure Jackson will ever end up getting paid. Fitz and Stevie will though.

Das_Bills
10-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I think all 3 will sign because it would be stupid if the bills don't

elltrain22
10-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Do they have the cash to do all 3??

ServoBillieves
10-01-2011, 10:36 PM
They'll resign Fitzy, I see stevie holding out and the bills disregarding freddie

RoscoeMagic
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Do they have the cash to do all 3??
They have cash to extend the entire roster.

mr_kotter
10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
They need to sign all three. If Nix ****s this up, it will be on par with the Briere/Drury debacle.

Buddo
10-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Because Jackson is still under contract, he will probably be the last to get done. The Bills had him over a barrel when he signed his last deal, due to his erfa status, and he was pretty much low-balled. Not entirely unrealistically, as we still had Lynch then.
The 'Fred needs to stfu and play to his contract' comments you see from time to time, are, imho, way out of line, due to him being vastly underpaid, and having, in effect, been forced to sign for relative peanuts last time around. Note, as he was an ERFA, he couldn't sign with anyone else in the NFL, although I suppose he could have gone to Canada.
I believe the Bills FO willdo this all ass-backwards, as FJ should be the guy who gets the deal first. It isn't even difficult to do fcol. Add another year to his contract, or maybe two, and give him another 5 or 6 million, while bumping up his guaranteed part. That's still chickenfeed in NFL terms, tbh.

As an aside, if I was Fitz, and I continue to play at the level I'm doing, I'd be asking why FJ isn't gong to be made happy, before getting too carried away with my own deal, as without Freddie, there's a lot that doesn't happen offensively. As an NFL QB, you want all your weapons.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Fitz and Stevie will definitely be resigned. Fred is iffy because of his age.

Up to me, I'd sign all three.

T-Long
10-02-2011, 07:07 AM
I think Fitz and Stevie get new deals, but Freddy won't unfortunately. Just my gut feeling.

Saratoga Slim
10-02-2011, 08:10 AM
They need to sign all three. If Nix ****s this up, it will be on par with the Briere/Drury debacle.

No, the way it would be on par with the Briere/Drury debacle is if we lowball all three and none of them sign. That was pathetic.

YardRat
10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm going with 'sign them all' just out of hope.

IMO Fitz will definitely be signed, he's a team-first guy.
Johnson is iffy, because he comes off as having a 'show me the money' mentality.
Freddie is iffy also, because of his age and the unfortunate status of Spiller as a first round investment.

All three, at this point, are probably looking for transition tag-type #'s which the best info I can find is around 14mil for QB's, 8mil for RB's, and 10mil for WR's. In all honesty, depending on specific contract structure, IMO that may be a little bit higher than I'd be willing to go for any of them.

Fitzy = 5 or 6 years at 10 or 11, 20-24 guaranteed.
Freddie = 3-4 years at 4 or 5, 100% guaranteed.
Stevie = 5 or 6 at 8mil, 20-24 guaranteed, with a bunch of incentives.

That would be 19 to 24mil (roughly 15-20% of cap) wrapped up in three guys. That's a pretty big nut.

elltrain22
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm going with 'sign them all' just out of hope.

IMO Fitz will definitely be signed, he's a team-first guy.
Johnson is iffy, because he comes off as having a 'show me the money' mentality.
Freddie is iffy also, because of his age and the unfortunate status of Spiller as a first round investment.

All three, at this point, are probably looking for transition tag-type #'s which the best info I can find is around 14mil for QB's, 8mil for RB's, and 10mil for WR's. In all honesty, depending on specific contract structure, IMO that may be a little bit higher than I'd be willing to go for any of them.

Fitzy = 5 or 6 years at 10 or 11, 20-24 guaranteed.
Freddie = 3-4 years at 4 or 5, 100% guaranteed.
Stevie = 5 or 6 at 8mil, 20-24 guaranteed, with a bunch of incentives.

That would be 19 to 24mil (roughly 15-20% of cap) wrapped up in three guys. That's a pretty big nut.

Don't they deserve it, and aren't they already a major "nut" on this team

Meathead
10-02-2011, 09:46 AM
They have cash to extend the entire roster.
actually they dont. at least not until the off-season. they are only seven mil under the cash cap, which ends the chance they all get extended this season, and probably only one could. they arent going to change their philosophy now and i dont think they should. cash cap is the smart way to do it and with the new cba most teams will be following suit (two-thirds already do)

freddie is going to be the odd man out. if he gets anything it will be a ceremonial bonus to reward him a little for what he accomplished the last three seasons including this one. but it makes no sense to put real money into a guy who will be 31 next season. a rb's decline at that age is imminent no matter what anybody says. if you could put walter peyton in bubble wrap until he was thirty and never get any contact he would still slow down significantly in no more than two seasons. the human body changes and a player simply doesnt have the same abilities. rbs dont have as many opportunities to adapt to make up the difference as other positions, which is why they hit the wall and never recover. it is smarter to trade him for a low round pick or cut him outright than to pay him huge bucks for at most two more seasons of high productivity (see thomas jones). i sure hope they figure something out with him but my guess is that he is here no longer than through next season and probably more likely hes not on the team next year after he raises a stink in the offseason about not getting paid (see thomas jones)

tough luck for freddie, but thats what happens when you dont make the nfl until your later years. doug flutie is probably a perennial probowler in todays nfl game if he plays his whole career here. thats how it goes

YardRat
10-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't they deserve it, and aren't they already a major "nut" on this team

Freddie has earned it for consistent contribution to the team over a few years. Fitz and Stevie are in the process of earning it. Yes, they are a major part of the team's offense, and in an ideal, non-salary cap world they would probably all get new, hefty contracts. Unfortunately this isn't an ideal world, and there are 50+ other players that also need to get paid.

If a player prices himself out of the team's market to a point where fielding talent in other areas is too restrictive, that individual player unfortunately has to go.