PDA

View Full Version : From the couch...

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2002, 07:50 AM
* Hate to admit it, but after finally being able to see a whole game, I kind of like the new uni's.

* Did you see the guns on Drew? Man, has he been working out. Hope they show that tape of his block to Ruben about 1000 times.

* Seemed like every time Gilbride tried to get cute (reverses, screens), it backfired. Stick to the bread and butter.

* The defense looked waaaaay better than I ever dreamed. Especially run defense. Would like to see London be a little more visible though. Wire got burned on the 2 point conversion, but looked good elsewhere. Prioleau looked good too. Clements looked a little shakey.

* Only coaching decision I had a problem with was going for the 50 yard field goal. After the miss, the Jets had the short field.

* Flipping around, Kenny Irvin looked good for the Saints. They tried to give that game to Tampa, but Tampa gave it to them in the end. I dopn't think Tampa is ever going to win anything, given the makeup of that team. Thought we may have an RJ appearance as BJ was getting the snot kicked out of him.

* Mike Martz is a horses ass. 3rd quarter, Rams down 3 ball on the Bronco 15 or so, 4th and around 5, he goes for it. Incomplete. Later in the game, they were down 2 scores, so not kicking that field goal came back to haunt them.

* Broncos were leading just about that whole game, but were really scuffling in the 3rd. Shanahan has Beurline warm up, then Beurline has his helmet on, ready to go in. Suddenly Griese wakes up and drives them down the field. Funny what a little motivation will do.

* The Cowboys may have assembled one of the worst offenses in the NFL. They were manhandled by the Texans.

* I don't see what the heck everyone else sees in David Carr. He is small, throws kind of 3/4, and is not particularly elusive. Harrington may be a jerk, but he is better. IMHO

* Was happy to see Jimmy Kimmel on the Fox pregame show. Thought they may have gotten rid of him. I know Jillian Barberie's dad. He is one funny dude.

casdhf
09-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Mike Martz is definately a horses ass

SABURZFAN
09-09-2002, 09:44 AM
the new uni's make the players look slimmer except p.williams.

Valerie
09-09-2002, 09:50 AM
I actually like the new uniforms too. I still don't like the white ones though. :down:

I thought the Bills looked pretty good overall. I'm not that impressed with the defense and the Special Teams SUCK! I can't believe after all this time they still suck as much as they do. I don't understand why the Bills can't find a coach and some fast guys to run and catch the people running back kick offs. It's horrible! Someone needs to be fired!

Rude American
09-09-2002, 09:55 AM
I saw the last quarter. EE is right. They try to get cute and it backfires. They had Drew throwing deep into double and triple coverage when we had enough time left to throw shorter slants. I also don't understand why we were going up the middle with time winding down in stead of going to the sidelines. IMO, it was terrible play calling.

Jeff1220
09-09-2002, 10:33 AM
The way Travis was running, it should've just been these plays:
Travis off tacklle right
Travis sweep right
Travis off tackle left
Travis sweep left
Travis up the middle
Then, throw in an occasional bomb.

For a while, Drew threw it every play (I think at the end of the 3rd, or beginning of the 4th Qtr) into coverage. Stick with what's working best - in this case, keep running it.

TigerJ
09-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Is a screen pass a "cute play?" I thought is was part of a team's standard arsenal of plays.

I don't know that Wire at 6' could have done any more than he did vs. the 6'5"+ Becht. Becht was between him and the QB and shielded well. Wire was right there. Only the Bills' coaches could say whether Wire was supposed to be in front of Becht at that point, or whether a LB should have had undercoverage, or whatever.

TigerJ
09-09-2002, 12:29 PM
I didn't see much of the Texas Cowboys game. The measurables on Carr are prototypical NFL QB 6'3" 220 lbs. The big knock on him coming out of college was his semi-sidearm delivery. I had not heard that harrington was jerk. In fact I'd heard the opposite. His supposed to be a bit taller, but lighter, and yes, his delivery is much more conventional.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2002, 12:34 PM
No way Carr is 6'3". I'd be surprised if he is 6' even.

I base my Harrington is a jerk opinion on that "Rookie welcome to the NFL" show that was on ESPN a week or so ago. BTW, Big Mike was on it too and he is one funny dude.

venis2k1
09-09-2002, 01:14 PM
I would like to personally thank Moorman for taking a beating to keep us in the game.

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2002, 01:39 PM
For those of you too young to remember, that used to be Paul Maguire's specialty. He would fall over if they got within 6' of him. He stole a lot of calls. I think he may have been the real reason they have a 5 and a 15 yard penalty. In the olden days, they were all 15.

Voltron
09-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
No way Carr is 6'3". I'd be surprised if he is 6' even.

I base my Harrington is a jerk opinion on that "Rookie welcome to the NFL" show that was on ESPN a week or so ago. BTW, Big Mike was on it too and he is one funny dude.

I saw that show too and you are right Harrington was a *****. I thought Shockey was a real down to earth guy. That O-linemen that they started with was almost in tears when the bills picked Williams as #4. He was like "give me a break". that is just straight out being a bad sport. Big mike is funny and probobly had more personality than all the other guys combined!

:gobills:

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Shockey didn't look very bright.

Stewie
09-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
I would like to personally thank Moorman for taking a beating to keep us in the game.

Not to mention booting some looong punts

lordofgun
09-09-2002, 03:45 PM
Those long punts went far and high. :D