PDA

View Full Version : McToast should have his own sticky thread..

JD
10-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Un****ing believable how bad this clown is.. it seriously seems like he doesn't know what he's doing out there.

clumping platelets
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Title corrected

jamze132
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
McKelvin is absolute hot garbage. Dude is only starting because he's like the smartest kid with down syndrome. Defense blows.

Buddo
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
He is being abused atm. What I don't understand, is how he always seems to have the wrong body position, to make a play on a WR. He can run with them ok, but always ends up out of position at the end.

chernobylwraiths
10-02-2011, 04:03 PM
CBs and safeties are usually only as good as the pass rush. If no pass rush, receivers will get open.

Green is going to be great if he continues like that.

warsawbassman
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Another Juron/Modrak draft pick that will keep costing us games. Green lined up on Florance a couple times, I don't think he caught pass or was targeted while he was lined up on him. Not saying he's a lockdown corner, but McKelvin is so bad why should any team throw at any one else.

JD
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Title corrected

:rofl:

JD
10-03-2011, 07:14 PM
He is being abused atm. What I don't understand, is how he always seems to have the wrong body position, to make a play on a WR. He can run with them ok, but always ends up out of position at the end.

Exactly what I wondered.. perhaps this isn't his natural position? Does anyone know what he played in hs/college?

Throw him in as a slot receiver lol

YardRat
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Zero ball skills, especially awareness.

Syderick
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm not too impressed by him. Can't wait to have Mcgee back.

djjimkelly
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
he did make a big pick to start the second half vs new england

that aj green catch in second half on the bomb was pretty amazing.

mckelvin is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be

i think hed look alot better with a bigger pass rush

hes played average IMO neither great or poor

cbs get beat thats their job

Ebenezer
10-03-2011, 09:11 PM
CBs and safeties are usually only as good as the pass rush. If no pass rush, receivers will get open.

Green is going to be great if he continues like that.
He's been beaten by every WR he has ever covered. The guy blows.

OpIv37
10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
he did make a big pick to start the second half vs new england

that aj green catch in second half on the bomb was pretty amazing.

mckelvin is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be

i think hed look alot better with a bigger pass rush

hes played average IMO neither great or poor

cbs get beat thats their job

Any defensive back is going to be better with a better pass rush. It's the same old "he'd be better with a better team around him" logic that people used to defend Whitner and Poz.

It's a team sport. Any player is going to look better when they're surrounded by a better team because that's how team sports work.

McKelvin is constantly out of position, constantly getting outworked for the ball. Other teams know it and are keying on him. He should be a nickel back because he's a straight up liability as a starter. Just another draft pick that this team pissed away.

Meathead
10-03-2011, 10:28 PM
aj green made it look like mckelvin had downs syndrome

just sayin

Crisis
10-03-2011, 11:10 PM
aj green made it look like mckelvin had downs syndrome

just sayin

we've let 3 receivers have career games against us already this year (two being rookies/mctoast's assignment)

edit: actually aj green had a better game vs denver, but the point still stands

RoscoeMagic
10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
How about that play when he picked off Tom Brady? I hated that one.

Night Train
10-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Actually, McKelvin is often right there in perfect position, then looks like he's stuck in mud as the WR jumps up to grab the ball.

He'll have a bullseye on him the rest of his career.

Mahdi
10-04-2011, 07:26 AM
I think Mckelvin is just one of those guys that needs a bit extra to "get it" he is a talented and athletic player and just to keep things in perspective, he has been injured a couple times and lost significant playing/learning time.

Last year he wasn't a starter behind McGee and Florence. This is his first year coming in as the starter and if he stays healthy I think he'll make a jump.

BTW covering AJ Green 1 on 1 with no help is not easy and he was right there with him every time but couldn't out jump him probably because he's 6'4 and has a 4 foot vertical not to mention the ball was under thrown which makes it 10x harder for the CB to make a play on it. Look what Calvin did to 3 defenders... There is a reason these kids are top 5 picks.

madness
10-04-2011, 08:25 AM
The guy has zero awareness. If his back is to the QB and he never gets his head around, it's an automatic catch.

OpIv37
10-04-2011, 08:30 AM
How about that play when he picked off Tom Brady? I hated that one.

So, we're going to let the guy off the hook for 2 1/4 years of getting burned because of 1 INT?

Sounds smart. Chris Watson had an INT too. Might as well give him a call and see if he wants to come back.

Ebenezer
10-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Did I actually come up with a nickname for somebody that stuck?

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3329575&postcount=55

trapezeus
10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
mckelvin has to help himself and break some stuff up. 1 int vs multiple catches, receiveres constantly coming down with the ball. if he doesn't break stuff up, there isn't going to be any stopping the passing on his side of the field. and the more help we have to assign to take care of his position, the more likelihood that people will be running amok on our d.

Mckelvin either needs to get better or get off the field.