PDA

View Full Version : Only Losers blame the Refs, This was on the Defense.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 03:17 PM
title says it all. The defense has been bad for 4 weeks... week 1 we got matt cassel to bail us out, and of course that KC defense sucks. week 2 and 3 we had the offense bail out some atrocious performances by that defense.

This week we run into a solid defense, who slowed us down offensively... Fitz had a terrible game to compound the problem...

And that god awful defense allowed almost 500 yards of offense. You give up 460yards of offense to the Cincinnati Bengals with Dalton throwing for 300yards, and you're going to lose.

clumping platelets
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Who's Matt Castle?

Crisis
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry but that Stevie play completely changed the game.

Go from having a 1st down in Bengals territory primed to go up two scores, instead they get the ball back.

There's literally NOTHING that showed ANY reason to call that pass incomplete.

Yes the defense sucks but we shouldn't have to overcome BLATANTLY OBVIOUS miss calls to win games too

Novacane
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
The offense can't be "on" every week. Once in a while the defense has to win a game. Against a rookie QB should of been one of those games.

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Who's Matt Castle?

I don't know..but I'm sure he's the queen of it.

bills4ver
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
lol did you watch the game?

they got like 2 penalty's we got like 10 and most were bs calls.

A 3rd and 1 clear as f'in day pass to stevie to win the game and incomplete?

Come on man, that was some putrid refs

Novacane
10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
2 of 4 games We've made Jason Campbell and Andy Dalton look like all pros. What does that say about out defense?

Johnny Bugmenot
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
They lost, didn't they?

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Go from having a 1st down in Bengals territory primed to go up two scores, instead they get the ball back.

Yes the defense sucks but we shouldn't have to overcome BLATANTLY OBVIOUS miss calls to win games too

yes, the refs were bad. but they didn't score points for the bengals. they weren't running the ball, they weren't passing it.

In the end our defense sucked up and down the field.

Meathead
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
sometimes it doesnt matter if you give up a thousand yards, it can STILL be pinpointed back to one watershed play that changed everything

make the case that the defense didnt get the job done, fine

but this game still turned on an utterly indefensible unexplainable non-reversal

bills have had luck on their side for two straight weeks. this week it came back to even the score big time

Night Train
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Agreed.

D got rolled hard and exposed. Can't expect to post a basketball score on Offense each week to bail them out.

The OL & DL both lost their batles today.

zone
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
The defense score 2 touchdowns if the pussy Tom Brady rule wasn't called.

This game was clearly lost because the refs wanted those piece of crap thugs to win, period.

Crisis
10-02-2011, 03:25 PM
sometimes it doesnt matter if you give up a thousand yards, it can STILL be pinpointed back to one watershed play that changed everything

make the case that the defense didnt get the job done, fine

but this game still turned on an utterly indefensible unexplainable non-reversal

bills have had luck on their side for two straight weeks. this week it came back to even the score big time

It's not even luck... just incompetence.

Banks2Pierce
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
You can blame both. Not mutually exclusive. Just a bizarre call since there didn't seem to be a hint of an incompletion. A fresh set of downs in Bengals territory with under 10 minutes left is a game changer. It's not like the Bengals played a perfect game either. If a game changing call went the other way, there'd probably be fans on their board saying, "well you can't win when you come out so flat in the first half."

Night Train
10-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Cinci- 458 Yards 25 first downs

Buf- 273 Yards 12 first downs

Our D hasn't been good the last 3 games and Vick is coming in next week.

Time to step up because if the O doesn't score 30, this is the result.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
The defense score 2 touchdowns if the pussy Tom Brady rule wasn't called.

This game was clearly lost because the refs wanted those piece of crap thugs to win, period.

I'm sorry, i know you're pissed off but that's bull****.

I've played and coached and scouted... and basically my whole life has been tied in with football in one way or another... I've seen some terrible officiating, but i've never yet seen a ref make a game winning kick, or score a touchdown, or throw for 300 yards.

We lost. put the blame where it shoudl be. On the defense. On our QB. On the playcalling both offensively and defensively.

But don't go blaming the refs because we lost to a ****ty football team.

acehole
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Although we didnt play well....we did play well enough to win.

Refs decided the game.

No way to know what would have happened...but that was obvious.

Move along football is fixed.

title says it all. The defense has been bad for 4 weeks... week 1 we got matt cassel to bail us out, and of course that KC defense sucks. week 2 and 3 we had the offense bail out some atrocious performances by that defense.

This week we run into a solid defense, who slowed us down offensively... Fitz had a terrible game to compound the problem...

And that god awful defense allowed almost 500 yards of offense. You give up 460yards of offense to the Cincinnati Bengals with Dalton throwing for 300yards, and you're going to lose.

Banks2Pierce
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM
There is a very decent chance that the outcome of the game changes if that call is correctly made. The ref screwed us. He was one of the many reasons we lost, but definitely one of the reasons. You don't have to get on a high horse talking about all of the football you played and coached to prove something.

The team with more yards doesn't win every game. It's making crucial plays and getting turnovers on the road sometimes, which we did. Just frustrating that the call was so bizarre. An imaginary incompletion is tough to live with.

zone
10-02-2011, 03:35 PM

I've played and coached and scouted... and basically my whole life has been tied in with football in one way or another... I've seen some terrible officiating, but i've never yet seen a ref make a game winning kick, or score a touchdown, or throw for 300 yards.

We lost. put the blame where it shoudl be. On the defense. On our QB. On the playcalling both offensively and defensively.

I don't give a crap if you played in the NFL for 10 years. The bottom line is a first down catch with 10 min left in the game in the opposing teams territory for the highest scoring offense in the league is a game changer, PERIOD.

The call was beyond bad, like I said I will forgive the countless tackling of our D linemen, the 4 pass interferences that were not called, but that call and then the review were inexcusable.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I tell my players all the time.

"The refs are like the weather. You have no control over it and you rarely know what it's going to be like. If the winds in your face you have to play through it. same with the refs.

It happens. If you complain about it you're letting it affect you. You don't ***** and moan about the wind. you don't complain about the snow or mud. You don't care what the refs do. you just line up and play. Only losers blame the refs."

Yes... i give this speech all the time. and it's as true now as it is in the locker room or on the sidelines.

Meathead
10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
It's not even luck... just incompetence.
agreed on the incompetence

but really its just pure luck that the incompetence came in such an obvious blunder when it really decided the entire game

bills have benefitted from some incredibly timely luck so far so i should let it go. but i prefer to damage my small arteries instead

jamze132
10-02-2011, 03:41 PM
That horrendous call by the refs had nothing to do with McKelvin an co. looking like ****.

Buddo
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM

Did our offense or defense make the call?
Didn't think so.
What was the score when that call was made?
The Bills played poorly generally, but were still ahead, and probably in a position to increase their lead, and run the clock down. That botched call, put an end to all of that.

While a case can be made that the Bills didn't deserve to win, I'd much rather it happened without the intervention of the officials, at a crucial juncture.

imbondz
10-02-2011, 03:43 PM
we made Cincy look good today

Novacane
10-02-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't give a crap if you played in the NFL for 10 years. The bottom line is a first down catch with 10 min left in the game in the opposing teams territory for the highest scoring offense in the league is a game changer, PERIOD.

The call was beyond bad, like I said I will forgive the countless tackling of our D linemen, the 4 pass interferences that were not called, but that call and then the review were inexcusable.

We could have gotten that first down then went 3 and out and had to punt anyway. You don't know that call changed the outcome of the game. PERIOD!

zone
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I tell my players all the time.

"The refs are like the weather. You have no control over it and you rarely know what it's going to be like. If the winds in your face you have to play through it. same with the refs.

It happens. If you complain about it you're letting it affect you. You don't ***** and moan about the wind. you don't complain about the snow or mud. You don't care what the refs do. you just line up and play. Only losers blame the refs."

Yes... i give this speech all the time. and it's as true now as it is in the locker room or on the sidelines.
Great work coach, HS football is not the NFL, if the refs are like the weather and are that unpredictable they have no business having a job. Making a bad call is one thing, taking a clear completion away is something completely different.

These are professionals and those calls should be professionally made, period.

Novacane
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Although we didnt play well....we did play well enough to win.

Refs decided the game.

No way to know what would have happened...but that was obvious.

Move along football is fixed.

If you know that then you're a sucker for watching it.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Great work coach, HS football is not the NFL, if the refs are like the weather and are that unpredictable they have no business having a job. Making a bad call is one thing, taking a clear completion away is something completely different.

college;

and the refs are human at every level of play

don137
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Not saying the Bills played great but you did not need a perfect game to beat the Bengals. If the refs called a fair game on both sides the Bills would be 4-0. I truly think the NFL does not want Buffalo to be in the Playoffs. BTW, no this is not a good defense either.

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Both sides of this argument are right. Therefore it's a push.

The call was BS, if made correctly we probably win the game.

But this was a horrifically played game by our defense as well. It should have never come down to that call.

Bottom line, we need to take car of what is in our control.

Start with firing Edwards, and promoting Wanny.

Historian
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I truly think the NFL does not want Buffalo to be in the Playoffs.

Agreed.

zone
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Both sides of this argument are right. Therefore it's a push.

The call was BS, if made correctly we probably win the game.

But this was a horrifically played game by our defense as well. It should have never come down to that call.

Bottom line, we need to take car of what is in our control.

Start with firing Edwards, and promoting Wanny.
Agreed, I never want to leave the game up to the ref's discretion, but you can't argue Merriman being tackled 4 or 5 times in the last 4 weeks right in front of the refs with no call, the 3 PI's that were not called today and a first down catch when the game is in our control to change the momentum of the game.

That call wasn't even close and they reviewed it and still didn't change the call, which is unacceptable.

Banks2Pierce
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
We could have gotten that first down then went 3 and out and had to punt anyway. You don't know that call changed the outcome of the game. PERIOD!

I think this argument falls a bit flat because of the time that would be used up in that hypothetical 3 and out.

Billz_fan
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Some of you sound like the KC fans screaming for dirty hits after they lost to the Bills. They are called excuses. Every team in football has to deal with calls that do not go there way from the refs.

You want to blame the refs go ahead, Good teams overcome bad calls every week of every season.

With the game tied Fitz and the offense went 3 and out and the defense let the Bung holes walk down the field and kick the field goal.

Some say the the game turned on the bad call ? That's the same thing as saying the Bills quit after the call. Gave up cus of a bad call ? Come on man.

naugem
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Why do we have to pick between the defense and the refs to blame?, both were at fault in the game.
The defense had a horrible game again, but the refs also blew a call at a crucial moment.
Both were factors for the loss.

northernbillfan
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Well said Ingtar. A game like this is eye opening and brings up back down to earth.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Well said Ingtar. A game like this is eye opening and brings up back down to earth.

Well i don't know about being brought down to earth. This has the look of a top 15 or even top 10 football team (we're probably somewhere between 15-8)... a solid wildcard team at least. But this isn't a superbowl (or even playoff game) winner. not with that defense.

it's a top 10 (not a top 5) offense.
and we have a bottom 5 defense.

that type of unbalance you can get to the playoffs with, but you're not going anywhere else with it.

we still need 4 more nfl caliber starters on the front 7.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Well i don't know about being brought down to earth. This has the look of a top 15 or even top 10 football team (we're probably somewhere between 15-8)... a solid wildcard team at least. But this isn't a superbowl (or even playoff game) winner. not with that defense.

it's a top 10 (not a top 5) offense.
and we have a bottom 5 defense.

that type of unbalance you can get to the playoffs with, but you're not going anywhere else with it.

we still need 4 more nfl caliber starters on the front 7.

I dunno man. This game to me showed that we need literally every call and bounce to go our way and Fitz has to play out of his mind to win on Sundays vs the better teams in the league.

With a weak schedule, something we do not have the luxury of having, this type of football is setting you up for failure more than success.

When you have an absolutely putrid defense, you need to run the football, control the clock and keep your weaker unit off the field...ESPECIALLY on days like today when we had a 14 point halftime lead. Instead our offensive genius at HC thinks this is SEC football and still comes out in the spread.

It's not like we're weak in the backfield. Fred Jackson is either the best or 2nd best player on this offense, argument can be made for Stevie Johnson. Use him. And when he needs a blow use your first round 2nd year RB to give him a breather.

The one thing Dick Jauron did well and knew was his defense was suspect so he played a lot of grind it out football to keep the D on the bench.

We're a little more talented team now, especially at QB, that if we can play more of a grind it out style we literally have a shot in every game. But when you rely every week on your inconsistent QB to come out and play like Tom Brady when he clearly is not is a recipe for disaster. Disaster came today and today won't be the only day it comes during the year with the present gameplan.

Owen DeBoard
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
This is a game of momentum and the Bills clearly lost it with that blown call and Cincy gained it from it.

justasportsfan
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
good teams never leave it up to the refs to decide the game. We were bad today. this loss was on Gailey. He didn't have the team ready.

YardRat
10-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the majority of the loss goes on the offense's shoulders actually. This game should have been over at halftime, or at least early in the third quarter. The defense played a really solid first half, they just weren't able to sustain it for the full four quarters, especially after having the offense mis-fire in some manner on just about every drive.

bf1
10-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I've seen some terrible officiating, but i've never yet seen a ref make a game winning kick, or score a touchdown, or throw for 300 yards.

This is dumb-****. The football equivalent of an old wives tale.

bf1
10-02-2011, 07:11 PM
If you say you shouldn't leave a game in the hands of a ref, fine. But the Stevie play cost the Bills a close game.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
This is dumb-****. The football equivalent of an old wives tale.

that refs don't throw or catch the football, that they don't score TDs, kick fieldgoals or make tackles is an old wives tale?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

imbondz
10-02-2011, 08:27 PM
the issue is if we scored on that play, maybe momentum shifts so much, our D makes a stop. you never know what would have happened.

Ingtar33
10-02-2011, 08:38 PM
the issue is if we scored on that play, maybe momentum shifts so much, our D makes a stop. you never know what would have happened.

and if spiller didn't miss his cut and lost 3 yards on the previous play we might not even need to throw on 3rd down and the refs have no say in it. If the bills don't fail to score on their last possession and leave this game in the hands of the defense with 2 minutes on the clock and cinci with 2 time outs that call wouldn't have mattered.

Had the bills defense not given up 20 yards a play on the last drive, maybe the Bengals run out of time or even have to punt the ball back to us with time left on the clock... instead. the team made zero plays, for the final 10 minutes of the game.

The refs had nothing to do with this loss other then make some really stupid calls (that non-catch was the most egregious)

Philagape
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM

The highest-scoring offense had put up only 13 points. And it got another chance and failed, so nobody can say the Bills would have done anything if the drive had continued.
The call didn't change how badly the defense was getting pwned. It didn't change Fitz's bad-to-mediocre day.
The Bengals won because they outplayed the Bills.

Billz_fan
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
and if spiller didn't miss his cut and lost 3 yards on the previous play we might not even need to throw on 3rd down and the refs have no say in it. If the bills don't fail to score on their last possession and leave this game in the hands of the defense with 2 minutes on the clock and cinci with 2 time outs that call wouldn't have mattered.

Had the bills defense not given up 20 yards a play on the last drive, maybe the Bengals run out of time or even have to punt the ball back to us with time left on the clock... instead. the team made zero plays, for the final 10 minutes of the game.

The refs had nothing to do with this loss other then make some really stupid calls (that non-catch was the most egregious)

Well said :up: One of 2 things happened the last 10 minutes. They were outplayed like a mofo or the cashed in for the day. Cincy ran the ball down there throats on the way to the winning FG and the Bills did nothing to stop them. Meanwhile Fitz and the boys went for a quick 3 and out to give Cincy that opportunity in the first place. Nobody made a play at all at the end. It looked like practice.

The D gave up 458 yards of offense and 25 first downs for the Bengals while holding Buffalo to 12 First downs. The Bengals averaged 6.5 yards per offensive play. You are not going to win games with stats like that.

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I find it hard to believe that this game wasn't fixed by Las Vegas. My grandfather has been saying football is fixed for as far as i can remember. It was far too obvious with ZERO penalties being called on the Bungles.

We don't know if the Bills would have continued to move the ball after that anyway, especially considering how badly they looked all day. I thought it was an obvious catch and it was clear to me that Stevie's hand was under the ball in that one angle. The refs blew it, plain and simple.

For the supposed highest scoring offense in the league, these losers shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. The majority of the team, minus special teams, looked like hot garbage today. I still want to know why the head ref did not give an explanation on the challenged catch. So fishy, IMO.

sdbillsfan2
10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
The Bengals won because they outplayed the Bills.

:clap: Short and to the point....says it all

TacklingDummy
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
The Cardinals got screwed by the Refs. today too.

How pathetic that refs. are determining the outcome of games.

madness
10-02-2011, 10:24 PM
What a silly thread.

Bert102176
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM

TY

Bert102176
10-02-2011, 10:36 PM
one play that pissed me off it is 3rd and 5 so Fitzy throws a pass to smith about 15 or 20 yards down field you needed 5 F'n yards throw to chandler that was open about 6 yards away for the 1st and so many think he is the QB for this team BS he is.

Bert102176
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
that refs don't throw or catch the football, that they don't score TDs, kick fieldgoals or make tackles is an old wives tale?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

no but the refs say that caught passes are not catches to stop a drive how the F*** is that not screwing the Bills

psubills62
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Why is it so impossible to lay blame at the feet of both the refs and the defense?

Here's my problem: no, you can't control the refs. But you know what? We're fans...we can complain about anything. The players can't complain because they didn't execute. We're fans, it's not like we didn't execute. A whole bunch of us showed up at that stadium to help the team out.

And also - the refs have a job to do. They did not do it. They executed their jobs worse than the Bills players. Our defense sucks - there's no two ways about that. But the fact of the matter is that there were horrible calls and non-calls by the refs that went against us. They did not do their job well and they deserve to be criticized.

The refs are not beyond criticism, and in this case there is no doubt they deserve some blame. Nobody's saying they deserve all the blame, though, as far as I can tell.

psubills62
10-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I dunno man. This game to me showed that we need literally every call and bounce to go our way and Fitz has to play out of his mind to win on Sundays vs the better teams in the league.

With a weak schedule, something we do not have the luxury of having, this type of football is setting you up for failure more than success.

When you have an absolutely putrid defense, you need to run the football, control the clock and keep your weaker unit off the field...ESPECIALLY on days like today when we had a 14 point halftime lead. Instead our offensive genius at HC thinks this is SEC football and still comes out in the spread.

It's not like we're weak in the backfield. Fred Jackson is either the best or 2nd best player on this offense, argument can be made for Stevie Johnson. Use him. And when he needs a blow use your first round 2nd year RB to give him a breather.

The one thing Dick Jauron did well and knew was his defense was suspect so he played a lot of grind it out football to keep the D on the bench.

We're a little more talented team now, especially at QB, that if we can play more of a grind it out style we literally have a shot in every game. But when you rely every week on your inconsistent QB to come out and play like Tom Brady when he clearly is not is a recipe for disaster. Disaster came today and today won't be the only day it comes during the year with the present gameplan.
Are you kidding me with the bolded? "Literally every call and bounce go our way"? I don't remember the calls going our way in the past few games. I remember getting horrible field position consistently against the Patriots last week. I remember seeing even more penalties that weren't called (consistently) against the Raiders. I've seen our DL get held so often...I can't even remember the last time any refs called holding against an opposing OL.

That's absolute bull crap. It was one loss...it was one loss by 3 freaking points on a last second kick. Almost nothing went our way all game. If just one or two things had gone well, we almost certainly would have won. That does not at all tell me that we need everything to go our way to win.

Billz_fan
10-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Im more pissed about the "tuck rule" than I am about the Johnson catch. That was 6 points taken away on a stupid rule that gets called every blue moon and is so open to debate.

Mad Max
10-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Im more pissed about the "tuck rule" than I am about the Johnson catch. That was 6 points taken away on a stupid rule that gets called every blue moon and is so open to debate.

Tuck rule, Music City Miracle, Wide Right.

And the beat goes on.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Are you kidding me with the bolded? "Literally every call and bounce go our way"? I don't remember the calls going our way in the past few games. I remember getting horrible field position consistently against the Patriots last week. I remember seeing even more penalties that weren't called (consistently) against the Raiders. I've seen our DL get held so often...I can't even remember the last time any refs called holding against an opposing OL.

That's absolute bull crap. It was one loss...it was one loss by 3 freaking points on a last second kick. Almost nothing went our way all game. If just one or two things had gone well, we almost certainly would have won. That does not at all tell me that we need everything to go our way to win.

Almost nothing?

The Roosevelt catch? The Scott INT TD? The only thing that went against the Bills was the Johnson catch in this game. And that's the play apparently 75% of the fanbase wants to say lost the game for the team.

We didn't get one call the entire game and it apparently is the reason for the loss by the majority.

The Tuck Rule, while a BS rule, is and has been called that way for 10 years now. Today was no different. That's not losing the call, that's the rule and the way it should have been called according to the rules.

psubills62
10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Almost nothing?

The Roosevelt catch? The Scott INT TD? The only thing that went against the Bills was the Johnson catch in this game. And that's the play apparently 75% of the fanbase wants to say lost the game for the team.

We didn't get one call the entire game and it apparently is the reason for the loss by the majority.

The Tuck Rule, while a BS rule, is and has been called that way for 10 years now. Today was no different. That's not losing the call, that's the rule and the way it should have been called according to the rules.
That is nowhere near the only thing that went against the Bills in this game and if you don't realize that, then you didn't watch the game.

It's not just calls - it's non-calls and dropped balls. The offense didn't play up to par but if you take everything into consideration, you're not going to see that level of poor play every week. There are plenty of things that went wrong for the Bills...some of them were bad bounces, some of them were bad reffing and most of it was their fault. Most of the latter things can be corrected, the others should correct themselves based on averages throughout the season.

It's ludicrous to say we need everything to go right for us to win.

Ingtar33
10-03-2011, 02:10 AM
listen,

Winners look at that loss and say "this team needs to get better". Losers look at that game and say "the refs cost us the game, we would have won if they weren't so worthless"

I've got news for you, had those refs not been so worthless we might have lost that oakland game (we had a lot of stupid calls go our way in that game). The refs are a completely random entity. Back in the season prediction thread i said something like "water seeks it's level" so while the bills might win a game they have no business winning, they'll lose a game against someone they should have beat, so it will probably all balance out at the end of the season.

Lets be honest here. We probably aren't in the patriots or jets class. If we beat them this year bounces will need to go our way, or brady/sanchez will have to melt down. But while we sneak out wins there, we're probably going to drop games like yesterday to weaker teams. It will happen because of the refs, or bad luck or injury or something. Because football teams, like water, tends to find it's level.

I'm not defending the refs. they were atrocious. That play to johnson pissed me off too.

Yet in the end, no matter how much they pissed me off, we have to admit, the bills deserved to lose this game. Our defense is terrible, and fitz had a terrible game as well. So to harp on the refs, or to even talk about them is the type of thing an in denial loser does.

Face it, the bills defense will be a millstone around this team's neck all season. IF we fail to make the playoffs, they'll be to blame. We need 4 more starting caliber players in our front 7, and probably another starting level corner to go with Florence. Fitz had one of his mr hyde type days; this will happen, and without an average defense we'll lose when he does. Gailey doesn't run enough. He didn't in week 1, 2 or 3... and he certainly didn't today.

Ignoring the reality and tossing it on the refs is a waste of time and effort.

Extremebillsfan247
10-03-2011, 04:04 AM

The Bills had the lead and let it slip away. The whole team failed, not just the defense. Win as a team, lose as a team. Let's not beat this team up too much. They are 3-1, sure 4-0 would be better, but they won't win every game. At some point they were going to lose. It's an inevitability that is unavoidable in the NFL. But it sure beats the hell out of 0-4 like last year at this time. This team is relatively young with a lot to learn about things like handling prosperity, but they are getting better as a team. It's going to take some time but they will get it. JMO Go Bills.

Buddo
10-03-2011, 05:07 AM
TBH, I still don't believe that the loss is solely on the D. I thought we were poor in all the phases.
While Moorman made a couple of so-so punts early, he actually was booming them the rest of the game, yet our coverage teams, generally looked all over the place.
The Offence hardly sustained a drive at all, and a lot of that was down to execution. Too many drops from WRs, and too many balls that weren't thrown where they needed to be.

People are getting on to McKelvin and Wilson, but Green and Gresham are horrible guys to cover. The Bungles did a good job of exploiting those match ups when they got them. The problem I had with it, was how often they seemed to get the match up they wanted.

Green will be talked about soon, in the same terms as Calvin Johnson.

ddaryl
10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
when you have video replay that has 2 conclusive angles CLEARLY showing it was a catch then everyone had a right to be pissed off at the refs.\

yes we played a bad game, but that non-catch was the fortune Cincy needed ....

AND what better way to get Bengals fans to start filling the stadium then to manufacture them some wins and make them competitive in the standings.

Overall the Bills did deserve to lose that game, but even the best teams play a stinker and pull it out...

yes our D is weak and we need to tighten up... but that still doesn't change the fact that our odds of winning that game go up a ton if the refs make the right call on the field and the right call in the video booth.

IMO that was one of the most obvious and blatant thrown calls I have ever seen..... I really question the integrity of the entire league knowing they had video replay that was completely conclusive and yet still allowed that play to be screwed up