PDA

View Full Version : A call for sanity

Johnny Bugmenot
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
OK, I know tensions are high, people are upset, and that's understandable given the score of the game. However, there's a certain faction of this board that has gone into all out "we're doomed!" mode after only one loss.

After one loss, by three points, in the closing seconds. This coming after they had the ball with 4:00 to play in the game. This game was winnable. In fact, the Oakland and New England games, they won in very similar situations. This time, they didn't.

That doesn't mean jack **** about the rest of the season unless you let it. The fact is, as much as some of you are railing on the defense, they only gave up 23 points, so it's not like they dug the team a huge hole and forced the offense to put up 40+ or even 30+ points to win. The offense, unlike the previous two weeks, did not follow through when given the opportunity in the closing minutes of the game.

Real teams fix the mistakes they made in losses and move on. It's a teachable moment. Yes, there are some things the defense needs to do to improve (e.g. axing McKelvin), but they can right this ship. Believe me, until they beat New England I was quite pessimistic, too. But this team has the heart to pull through in the face of adversity when it's been put in their face. They've shown it the past two weeks.

Peace.

jamze132
10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
This team peaked last week. Count it now, we'll be 3-3 in 2 weeks.

Novacane
10-02-2011, 03:38 PM
They only gave up 23 points to a rookie QB and offense that has not done crap until today. They dominated this defense the second half. There are some real problems with this defense.

As for the rest of your post I agree. If anyone told me I could have 3-1 at the quarter pole I'd of jumped on it. This is not the end of the world. Lets see how they learn from it.

Night Train
10-02-2011, 03:39 PM
:rofl: of all people to be calling for sanity..

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM
:rofl: of all people to be calling for sanity..

lol I saw that irony as well/

Only thing that would have made it better is if Marcell Dareus Power/ Mitchell55 called for it.