PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel now

northernbillfan
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Let it out in this thread.

How do you really feel?

I feel that this is the team we were expecting to show up all season. Slightly competitive with sloppy run D is what I was expecting this season.

I don't feel too bad about this loss even though it hurts to be brought back down to earth. However it was an eye opener that the team still has a long way to go.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
We don't run the ball enough.

The D is putrid.

We can't rely on Fitzpatrick to win them all.

That about sums it up.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I felt pretty crappy as soon as the kick went through the uprights, but then I remembered that I'm a Bills fan, and losing is what we are used to.

The problem I have is that today's offense looked night and day bad compared to the first 3 weeks. Is Cincy's D THAT good?

I'm over the loss already, for the most part.

Billz_fan
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Im fine, the Bills have lost games every way possible for 10+ years. I have not forgotten that after just 3 wins.

Gonnna eat and watch some more football :laughter:

imbondz
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
After being crushed so many times, this actually doesn't feel that bad. I'm still encouraged. I don't think we played horrible today. We were up 17-3 at halftime. We made Cincy look better than they are tho. Plus, a mind boggling call went against us, as we were driving for a possible go ahead score. If that call doesn't happen, we score a 7, we win.

Novacane
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I feel fine. They are 3-1. Lost 1 I had them winning and won 1 I had them losing. Defense stinks. I knew they were not an elite team. I think they beat the Eagles next week. 38-35

Mad Bomber
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Same old, same old.

Yet another game where my Bills have set me up and kicked me in the balls.

The King
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
The Stevie incompletion changed the game

SABuffalo786
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
About the same - we won two very close games and we lost one. We know what this team is about.

I think the worst part of this loss was the playoff implications - Cincy was the supposed sure thing of the next 3 weeks and now we're looking at the very real possibility of being 3-3 at the bye. Not good enough in the AFC.

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
As of right now, I still "feel" 9-7...but now more in a Chiefs of last year sort of way.

Historian
10-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Shades of 2008...

Mr. Pink
10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
As of right now, I still "feel" 9-7...but now more in a Chiefs of last year sort of way.

The Chiefs got to 9-7 last year because they played a weak schedule. We don't have that luxury this year. To get to 9-7 we're gonna have to beat some good football teams along the way.

SABuffalo786
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Shades of 2008...

Nah, not really - in 2008 we lose to good teams and pad our record with wins over minnows. Opposite so far....

paranoid
10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
I hate the fact that Marvin Lewis "guaranteed" this victory and we didn't come in hungry and pissed off about it. If for that reason alone we should have pounded them.

I hate that we made Dalton look like Joe Montana out there.

I hate the fact that several NFL pundits warned about this being a trap for the Bills, that all week the players and coaches said all of the right things about maintaining focus, and then we came out and played so flat and sloppy.

Of course the refs were awful, but we should have won this game regardless.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Pretty good. The CFL team I root for won. Didn't watch most of the game except for a few look-ins. Not panicking, not feeling like I'm "kicked in the balls" or anything.

Life is good.

northernbillfan
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Not panicking, not feeling like I'm "kicked in the balls" or anything.

Life is good.That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

warsawbassman
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
This is a game we needed. You think Philly, coming in here next week, 1-3, in as much of a "must win" spot as anyone this early in the season, is going to be a win. I don't. Then on the road to the Giants, which Giants team will show up? Or will it matter, a rookie QB beat us today. Eli will probably too. If the O can't put up 30+ every week it's going to be another long year, that started off good and ends like the rest of them have the last 11 years. Merriman is a non-factor. What impact has Dareus had yet? Kyle Williams has not been good. McKelvin just plainly sucks. Byrd was a one year wonder, Wilson and Scott both play hard make some plays, but just can't get it done consistanly. Barnett has been Ok, and WTF!!!! Kelsey has been our best player on D this year.

A good defense will shut this offense down.............period. If we can't get big plays out of Fred Jackson, we do nothing. Fitz had 1 good game, 2 great games, and one average to lackluster game, he needs to play like his hair is on fire every week for us to have a chance, and he just can't. Stevie Johnson is no number 1 receiver, neither was/is Evans, or any one else we have. You want to see a #1 receiver..............look at Calvin Johnson, or heck, the kid that just tore us up, Green. Line play is still ok, Fitz had time, for the most part, he just didn't get it done today, run blocking sucked today. Rhinehart was bad............just bad. And to top it off..............yes, I think Spiller is a bust, a season and a 1/4 and he has done nothing yet, and probably won't.

Mahdi
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Annoyed ... but also this loss was written for us.

The Pats game just took too much effort and the win was such a huge emotional one that it was inevitable almost that this game was going to be a let down.

Were not so good yet that we can overcome ourselves and we simply weren't in sync on offense and the defense was just about as bad as it has been all year minus the timely takeaways.

This should be a lesson as to how much focus is required for this team to win consistently.

Mad Max
10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The Chiefs got to 9-7 last year because they played a weak schedule. We don't have that luxury this year. To get to 9-7 we're gonna have to beat some good football teams along the way.

I know. I just meant we were still more pretender than contender. We're still a few pieces away from becoming true contenders for anything more than a wild-card.

Crisis
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Honestly if we lost like this last year I'd feel 100 times worse than I do now.

I'm still on a high from beating New England.

It sucks to lose with the ****ty refs, but this game won't ruin my week like the Bills usually do.

I thought this team would be lucky to be 1-3 going into week 5... I'm pretty happy.

I was kind of expecting a let-down this week after NE.

Night Train
10-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Sucks to lose but I feel fine. 3 straight bad games by our D was due to finally cost us.

They need to figure this out but I'm not in denial over what our team is ( A work in progress, with thin depth ) .

BUFF Bills
10-02-2011, 05:16 PM
i'm somewhat happy we will be playing under the radar for the next few weeks. as much as i loved all of this new media attention, it did make me wonder how the players would back it up. maybe we can get back to the basics for now...

Meathead
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
ralph is cheap

YardRat
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm not as pissed as I would be normally...can't win them all, and every team loses at least one game they are supposed to win. Besides, they are right where I figured they would be after the first four games at 3-1, except I got this and the KC game backwards.

bluerosekiller
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
How do I fell now?

To be perfectly honest, like total crap.
But, unfortunately, that's what the harsh, cold slap of reality feels like after a three week high like we've all been on. But, it had to happen...
We were never going to go unbeaten. Obviously.
So, to hell with it.
If some one told us we were going to be 3-1 after week 4, including a win over The Pats, we'd have been THRILLED with it. So, all we can do is hope like hell that this doesn't The Bills respond to this in a positive way.
And, unless I'm WAY off in my judgement of this team, I believe there's a good chance they will.
I just can't see another collapse like in 2008.
Not with this crew.
Sure, maybe we have to get real now & readjust out expectations from earlier today & face the fact that this team is only going to get to around .500, maybe a bit better. But, that's still a helluva step in the right direction.
Right?

trapezeus
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
just like the wins, it could have gone the other way. not a good game across the field and we had ref issues. these are things they can clean up.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
they sucked me back in and now i hate myself for letting them make me care again
ill be depressed for 6 days now and last year was the first year in 20 that I did not feel depressed after a loss... now Im back to feeling depressed after a lose and its all because of that glimmer of hope that the first 3 weeks gave me
I did not want to care again because it just so damn soul searingly hard to love this damn team.... but they sucked me back in

HotRod
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Disappointed.

bluerosekiller
10-02-2011, 08:56 PM
they sucked me back in and now i hate myself for letting them make me care again
ill be depressed for 6 days now and last year was the first year in 20 that I did not feel depressed after a loss... now Im back to feeling depressed after a lose and its all because of that glimmer of hope that the first 3 weeks gave me
I did not want to care again because it just so damn soul searingly hard to love this damn team.... but they sucked me back in

But, don't all great loves require a self sacrifice?

Aren't all of our most passionate relationships almost equal parts pleasure & pain?

If you're going to allow yourself the elation of the previous three weeks, you have to be willing to endure the depths that a result like today's leaves us in.
Just don't wallow in it.
Sure, 4-0 would have been awesome & the loss stings like hell, but they weren't blown out. Plus, the game was The Bills for the taking before a series of HIGHLY questionable calls cost them.
IMO, the team got ALL of the "character building" losses they needed LAST year, but after their nice taste of success & national acclaim to begin the season they'll realize again just how much losing sucks & how fleeting that fame is.
Yesterday's heros are tomorrow's bums.
And hopefully those individuals that allowed The Bengals to run down the field pretty much unopposed will take it especially to heart.

christhebillsfan783
10-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I, like many of you am not too upset or surprised by today. I saw it coming once Cincy's offense started moving the ball at will in the 2nd half. So far the team as far exceeded my expectations. I'm very interested to see how we come out next week. If they come out flat again next week with no fire and all out of sync then we will have our same old Bills. However, if we can come out and play like weeks 1-3 this team will get more trust out of me. Don't think were a great team yet but were better than i thought. Heres to coming out strong next week.

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2011, 09:34 PM
I am pissed off that Fitzpatrick reverted back to his old form and looked like **** today. I strongly believe that had he played like he did in his first three games, we wouldn't even be talking so much about a blown call by the refs. If that was a good pass, there would have been nothing to review. How does he throw such a terrible short pass? I am angry at Fitz for sucking today but I am livid that George Edwards remains our defensive coordinator. He is the definition of putrid and I've been saying this since last year. I will say it again, he is in over his head.

Bert102176
10-02-2011, 10:00 PM
well Steve Johnson did catch that ball for the 1st down, was thinking from the get go with as many times as I saw Dareus held that something was with the refs today, Goodell must of called and suggested that the Bills should lose to the refs, plus our D is still pathetic.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I know. I just meant we were still more pretender than contender. We're still a few pieces away from becoming true contenders for anything more than a wild-card.
That's all they're aiming for at this point. You can't expect to become a Super Bowl champion overnight, you know, especially with the disrepair this team has been in since the Donahoe era. However, this is the NFL, and you CAN expect to make the playoffs. At least you should.