PDA

View Full Version : Hey How about that Chris Harilson?

acehole
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
No Sacks...Impressive.

Crisis
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM
He played two possessions... the entire OL looked like ****.

Bert102176
10-02-2011, 10:23 PM
the whole team looked like ####, and refing wasn't good either

YE OLE COTTON
10-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I think Hairston definitely has a future, but I concur, this was the worst day the OL has had by far. Very little push in the run game. Fitz wasn't getting pummeled every play, but he definitely didn't have the clean pocket he's had in the previous weeks.

Not letting Fitzy off the hook on this one either. Even when he had time he was off. Seemed like they really mailed this one in.

psubills62
10-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Harilson?

Yeah, no sacks allowed is nice...moving the offense along would have been nicer. I think Hairston would be capable there, but he's still a rookie and susceptible to mental errors. I'd much rather have him backing up Bell this year.

X-Era
10-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Hairston has been one of the best rookies so far along with Dareus. Aaron Williams has made some plays but has also given up some plays too.

I loved the pick when we made it and I still think it was a great choice.

DraftBoy
10-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Hairston has been one of the best rookies so far along with Dareus. Aaron Williams has made some plays but has also given up some plays too.

He's barely played, that's not even a fair statement to make. He's been one of the best because there is almost nothing to go off of at this point.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM

I don't know you can make the statement about Hairston because of 2 series.

Williams, though, is right up there. I remember when Revis first started for the jets, he got picked on by the Bills multiple times.

acehole
10-03-2011, 09:16 AM
He's barely played, that's not even a fair statement to make. He's been one of the best because there is almost nothing to go off of at this point.

I know just tring to find some positive.

v

Bill Cody
10-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Harilson?

Ace has it on inside info that they call Hairston "Harilson" or sometimes "Woody" as a nickname, he's checking on why, could be he's a big fan of the film "White Men Can't Jump". Stay tuned.

PromoTheRobot
10-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Maybe what you were really seeing was Cincinnati figuring out the Bills blocking schemes. Fred Jackson said himself that they must have studied the film well because they were filling holes that were open all season.

PTR

TedMock
10-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I really liked the Hairston pick, but he still has a ways to go. True he didn't allow a sack in the limited time he played, but he did allow some pressure. He is still slow out of his stance and still bends at the waist which is a killer for OT's. He's big and gifted, but there are some glaring fundamental flaws right now. The entire line played like crap yesterday.

X-Era
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Dareus is the only one who has played a lot. Williams hasn't been on the field that much.

The statement is made by taking all things into consideration including that the rookies haven't played much. Under that framework which includes the pre-season, I think he has played well.

DraftBoy
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Dareus is the only one who has played a lot. Williams hasn't been on the field that much.

The statement is made by taking all things into consideration including that the rookies haven't played much. Under that framework which includes the pre-season, I think he has played well.

I think you're reaching because he's your guy, and you'll say Im bias because I hated the pick (and still do). We'll have to agree to disagree till we get a full audition on Sunday.

I do want to say though that no matter what on Sunday, its still one game. If he's dominant or if he gets taken for his lunch money.

X-Era
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I think you're reaching because he's your guy, and you'll say Im bias because I hated the pick (and still do). We'll have to agree to disagree till we get a full audition on Sunday.

I do want to say though that no matter what on Sunday, its still one game. If he's dominant or if he gets taken for his lunch money.
I agree on almost all. I guess I simply am comparing him to the rest of the class which for the most part also hasn't seen much action.

I agree that I can't claim he's a stud or even a solid NFL player. It was a rookie to rookie comparison.

TigerJ
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Draftboy, I agree he doesn't have much of a body of work as a pro. Thus it's way too early to judge the quality of the pick, That said, at least we haven't heard anything bad about him. Next week, it looks like he'll get some playing time at left tackle, and we'll begin to see what we've really got.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
is he woody harilson's son?

justasportsfan
10-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Hairston has been one of the best rookies so far along with Dareus.
then why didnt he beat Bell for the starting job like Dareus did? I think its more of you pulling for him.

X-Era
10-03-2011, 08:08 PM
then why didnt he beat Bell for the starting job like Dareus did? I think its more of you pulling for him.
Here I was thinking Dareus replaced Stroud who was released.

And I noted that Dareus has also been one of the best rookies.

mrbojanglezs
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
who is hairilson? never heard of him

psubills62
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Draftboy, I agree he doesn't have much of a body of work as a pro. Thus it's way too early to judge the quality of the pick, That said, at least we haven't heard anything bad about him. Next week, it looks like he'll get some playing time at left tackle, and we'll begin to see what we've really got.
I remember hearing a lot of bad things very early on in TC. However, other than that and a couple of plays during preseason games, it's been good things.

TigerJ
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
The whole offensive line was awful early in training camp.

DraftBoy
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM

I agree with you, Im not claiming he's a bust, I just didnt like him coming out of school and don't see him as a LT at all. We'll see what we got up close on Sunday.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
they should keep bell out until the redskins game. thats 4 weeks to heal up.

mayotm
10-04-2011, 03:56 PM
they should keep bell out until the redskins game. thats 4 weeks to heal up.We haven't really heard the severity of the injury yet. So it's too soon to suggest how long he should sit out.